New PSU

Bangflop
Go to solution Solved by LawrenceBarnes2013,

BB, not sure why every body always trying to get people to go for a wattage that's 10% higher than they'll be using !! what happened to headroom guys. Regarding you question, the HX1000i seems the way to go 

So long story short, I am selling my current PSU to a buddy of mine who is building his first PC and I am in the market for a new one.

Which of these two PSU's would you guys recommend and or which one is better? CORSAIR HXi HX1000i  EVGA 120-G2-1000

As always, thanks for the help :D

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Just now, thutzell13579 said:

What is the color scheme for your build?

It's technically red and black but I have the Corsair Air 540 case so I won't be seeing the PSU anyways :D

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Whatever you choose is the best. They are both great. Get the cheaper or the one that suits your color scheme.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83U90826&cm_re=evga_p2-_-17-438-013-_-Product

Well, this one has a $20 rebate, and is basically the EVGA equivalent to the Corsair unit above.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

8 minutes ago, Bangflop said:

So long story short, I am selling my current PSU to a buddy of mine who is building his first PC and I am in the market for a new one.

Which of these two PSU's would you guys recommend and or which one is better? CORSAIR HXi HX1000i  EVGA 120-G2-1000

As always, thanks for the help :D

Is your system the exact same as in your signature? If yes, why do you need a 1kW PSU??

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

Is your system the exact same as in your signature? If yes, why do you need a 1kW PSU??

Efficiency sweet spot, maybe?

DAYTONA

Currently it's the same but not for long... I am planning on going with an SLI and on top of that, I want to build a custom liquid cooling loop (much bigger than it actually needs to be :D) and I'm planning on getting a new CPU as well, so I'm kinda just prepping for the future. On top of that, I already have a 1K PSU but it's not fully modular, can the cables are ugly, which is why I'm selling it, so I'm just getting the same wattage.

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Silenece?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, daniellearmouth said:

Efficiency sweet spot, maybe?

Not everybody goes for that and I didn't say something like: "Corsair CX 600W"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Not everybody goes for that and I didn't say something like: "Corsair CX 600W"

Oh don't worry - I don't know any more than you do about this.

That's just the first thing that came to my mind.

DAYTONA

The benefit to the HXi is Corsair Link, a FDB fan, and a more relax fan profile. The G2 does offer better voltage stability and a longer 10 year warranty.

Alternatively, you could go for the RM1000i which should be cheaper, but it's based on the same platform as the HXi internally, at a lower efficiency, and utilized their new type 4 pinout, in which has extra v.sense wires and capacitors on the cables to help with ripple suppression and voltage regulation.

3 minutes ago, daniellearmouth said:

Oh don't worry - I don't know any more than you do about this.

That's just the first thing that came to my mind.

It was a good point, will tag. I definitely forgot about it. I am just thinking differently :D No worries

3.Use

BB, not sure why every body always trying to get people to go for a wattage that's 10% higher than they'll be using !! what happened to headroom guys. Regarding you question, the HX1000i seems the way to go 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |