Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I currently have 500GB HDD which is very slow and I think that none of us should be terorized by 10 minutes boot times, when we can avoid them.

I want one, honestly to give it to a friend or family member. I've got an SSD in all 5 of my computers, including the couple-year-old laptop, and I can honestly say I won't be going to a HHD for anything but bulk storage that doesn't need to be accessed frequently. I've already bought one as bday gift for a friend, and plan to give one as a bday gift to my mom. If I got one, it would go to a friend or family member that can't afford one, or one that doesn't know they need one.

I want it because i'm curious about the performance it has.

@nicklmg - And a little correction, the 240GB SSD supports read speeds up to 515 MB/s, and write speeds up to 475 MB/s. :)

I would love to win an SSD because my current build is lacking one, and the speed and performance increase would be quite nice.

I wanna buy myself a gaming pc and a SSD would be a very appreciated loading speed booster.

I'm a High School student from Singapore who worked my ass of my shitty internship job to buy parts to build a PC (Yes Linus I bought my parts from Sim Lim Square that you visited in one of your videos). I've been watching LinusTechTips for 2 years now and you guys are the reason why i sold my gaming consoles to get extra cash for better parts for my PC that i ended up building less than a month ago. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with a 500 Gb Hitachi mechanical hard drive that i found lying in my dad's ancient Dell desktop that doesn't work anymore. It will be freaking awesome if you guys can hook me up with an SSD so my PC won't boot up slower than a snail and thanks for the knowledge on building PCs :) 

Everyone should get an ssd so that this doesn't happen to them. Would love to receive one. :)

IMG_0598.JPG

Everyone should have an SSD. After having one in my system for so long, whenever I use a system without an SSD I cry inside because of the slow load times TT. No one should feel this pain.

I'm running on an external hard drive at the moment... 'nuff said.

Everyone should have a SSD because it can make things so much faster, I would like another one to put into a RAID configuration. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

Hello,

First off, good luck to everyone else. So why do I want an SSD? I would like a new SSD because my system is almost complete, but I am missing an SSD, and my load times are getting pretty slow due to the amount of space I have used up, and then I can use my two hard drives as storage for files, such as pictures, videos, music, and games. I also want to upgrade my CPU along the line as it might be bottle necking my GPU a bit, ( I have a EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 Superclocked+ paired with a FX 8370 Black Edition) and I would need to replace my motherboard and possibly ram along with it, so getting a SSD now would take a load off my chest, and give me an excuse to clean out of computer and have a fresh start, and organize it better. I also do a bit of graphic design and animation, and I am trying to pursue that a bit more and an SSD could help with launch times, and other things.

Why everyone should have an SSD in their system? Everyone should have an SSD in their system as it can increase boot times and if it has the OS on it, make that faster as well, it is not needed, but more of a luxury that if you have the money for it, would be a good investment. 

- TooSpooky

Just a simple man who enjoys gaming. 

Hello, I would like a new SSD because I am in actually in the process of gathering all the parts for my computer (I have the case, power supply, hard drive, with the Cpu Cooler and Graphics card on the way!) so getting an SSD here would allow my computer to be more budget friendly as I do not have a super good source of money, so thank you even if I don't win.

Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. 

Why I want a new SSD is because I am doing my firs gameing build and an SSD would increse my boot time

Why everone should have a SSD in there system is to have the OS and programs on to increse boot times and program start time.

I would really like a new SSD! I went for a 128 GB ssd as my only storing option, not surprisingly, it's full already... Really need this:)

An SSD would be great because I as i have never used one before and i want experience those blazzing fast boot times and loading times of the game. The HDD in my Laptop takes a lot of time to boot and i just get frustated. An SSD would be awesome. I would love to have one. TYSM for the giveaway . :)

Let me win Plsssss i have 32 gig kingston drive plsssssssss

Having an SSD would be a great start to build a new system even with no other parts yet.

9 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Booting up an OS on a HDD is PAINFULLY slow. I've seen some of my friends with SSDs, and seeing their boot up times makes me extremely jealous 

I have never owned an SSD but I will need one in july when I build my first PC.

i want one of these ssd, because i do not have any ssd right now, so please give it to me so i can feel how fast it is when using ssd :D

I want this ssd to boot my windows faster by loading system files from solid state and application softwares. Using faster ram can improve this, BUT only and only if u r very certain that your HDD isn't the bottleneck. Having this 240GB ssd would be enough to load my favourite and frequently used games and I might also be more prone to hibernating my pc. Waking it up would be comparatively faster from ssd. It's all about speeds man. :)

Plus I would try not to move and shuffle all those bits to improve drive space since frequently writing to ssd can reduce its lifespan. I think these points should be given enough importance that others should start booting up their systems. It would globally improve productivity for not only software developers but graphic video editors or accounts systems in multiple firms. People wouldn't have to worry rebooting their PCs. 

P.S This Community is just Great. Love from Pakistan. 

Edited by moinashrafi

I really want this ssd because I'm making my first build soon and I heard ssd's are good and fast.

I think everyone should have one because people always complain about a slow pc.

Thanks,

-fr0sti

SSDs are awesome, a d right now I deal with a SATA 2 drive :/

Thanks for the giveaway!

PROJECT Simplifyi5-4690K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz | GTX 760 | Ballistix Sport 8 GB | ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC | Corsair H80i GT | SilverStone SG13B |

UPCOMING| RX Series GPU | Mechanical Keyboard | Mirrorless Camera | 

VIDEO KIT: Canon SX520 HS | Opteka "Glidecam" | Zoom H5 | Shure SM58 | 

I'm 16 and I like to think I'm good at videography.

the reason i would like to win is i only own a 60gb ssd at the moment and would like to upgrade and the reason everyone should have one is because it has much more reliable stats over the standard hhd

SSD's are like the Butter to warm fresh bread. You could eat bread without it but its just so much better with butter. Thats why we should have an SSD.