Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I would like a shiny new SSD because my current boot device in my PC is a 3.5' hard drive. I think everyone should have an SSD in their system because they allow for faster boot times and you don't have to worry about the vibration that a normal spinning hard drive gives off.

I want this SSD to upgrade my laptop, sometimes things can get really slow with the HDD in it :D

Well the SSD would help me have some more storage and for the love of god start my computer faster. When I put a new copy of windows on it my boot time is like 2:30 seconds and I have to frequently turn it off and on so this would help a lot!. Love you guys keep up the good work.

I got still a 80gb HD in my pc with a external drive. It's super slow. With a ssd a can boot up in Like 5 seconds

8 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Well, i think the world will be at peace if everyone can taste the glorious 10s boot time rather than 10 years of waiting your pc to boot up

I currently have a Proxmox server running which I use for school... It's running a 10 year old drive which sounds like its about to die any second. 

Why should everyone have a SSD? Because they're not that much more expensive then regular HDD's. The price difference that does exist is easily compensated for by the difference in speed.

I need an SSD for a boot drive on my new build. Everyone needs an SSD, for their superior read and write speeds, and the fact that they are not mechanical.

1 minute ago, Snithczel said:

Well, i think the world will be at peace if everyone can taste the glorious 10s boot time rather than 10 years of waiting your pc to boot up

You're waiting longer for your pc to load than this whole contest. 

I only have my 120 gb plexor m.2 ssd card (windows only) and wanted to add one additional ssd for thinks line WoW (everday use and many huge files) oder for my video editing (ingame videos) but they are so damn expensive compared to hdd devices.

so this would be a very good opportunity for a student like me to save my limited amount of money^^

I don't have a SSD yet and everyone should have one, because it's just make everything a little bit faster :P

i am building a computer for my brother and i do not have the budget to get a SSD so i have to reuse a hard disk that is like 250GB that i had for a long time so i wish i could have that SSD for my brother's new computer. just to have him happy to get a faster computer that what he is using right now.

I've never bought anything Apacer before, and I'd love to give them a try.  Winning one of these SSDs would give me a chance to get a feel for their build quality and would help me decide whether to buy Apacer products in the future.

I could use an ssd, still running on an hdd as my main drive. Plus, I'm using a laptop as a daily driver and with all the carrying around SMART doesnt look that good on me.

As to why everyone sould use an ssd, just think of the total of hours lost from gaming/working from all the people waiting for their slow hdds to boot/ load a programm.

Edited by HeadsUpHigh

My current ssd is only 60 Gb so i dont have room for everything i need on it and its quite old so i realy need a new one

Always wanted to boot from an SSD since the boot times and (game) loading time will be greatly improved which saves more time for gaming :P (like I dont game too much already lol). Anyone could profit from adding one to their rig but buying one cost tem monies. Would love to start using one of those. Thanks for all the give aways.

Greedy Greetings 

Tristan

I would love to have a new SSD for my new PC (2 months old).

SSDs are super fast, make life a LOT easier.

8 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

SSD is a "game changer" in the world of computer... i have a 120gb ssd in my old laptop, and it runs faster than my new laptop.. its like placing a new engine under the hood of your old car... aside from that, its lightweight, less power consumption, and because there's no mechanical part, less prone to data failure due to physical damage to disc, which i lost a terabytes of important data on my old mechanical hard drive...i wish i could have one for my precious future data and i can't afford to buy one. :)

I love SSD's I have a current 2 drive setup done running in raid 0 and being imaged to a standard 500GB 7200 RPM drive.  Just because of boot times and general speed boosts due to quicker access times everyone should have SSD's in their computers.

I want an SSD in my system because the witcher 3 load times are slowly killing me. :(

I think EVERYONE needs an SSD because they make EVERYTHING in the system snappier. If you are considering upgrading your already fast PC, an SSD should be on the top of your list. My results on my pc were INSANE! I went from a 1.5+ minute boot time to a 7 second boot time. HUGE IMPROVEMENT! I want this SSD as a boot drive for my older brother that doesn't have one on his AMD 4.0ghz 8-core, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3 2133mhz, machine. I WANT TO GIVE HIM AN AMAZING BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!

I would like an SSD as sadly neither my laptop or my desktop have an SSD which is rather sad as they are as a result quite slow to boot up....

Would like to upgrade my mother's approximately 8 year old desktop. Recently switched out the spinning hard drive as the old one died, but to get it to new speeds, an SSD would be a very nice addition.

This ssd would be great for the new Skylake pc build I plan to do later this year.

i need an SSD because i'm still using a HDD an it's slow, and everyone should used one because yay SSD!

So I can replace my dying HDD for games and some music production. Thanks for the chance!