Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I want this SSD because I have finally saved up enough to change my 5 year old laptop to a desktop and if I win this I can save some money and buy better parts for my build. I  think everyone should have an SSD because every minute/second is precious, and oh god I hate waiting.

On 08/02/2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I have never in my live had an ssd, I saw that my nephew had one and the boot times where amazing, and ever since then I thought to myself every time when I sit behind my pc:I need it!  want that everyone in my house get's an ssd, but everyone says: oohh well it works doesn't it? I don't even know why I'm typing this, fun fact: I've never won anything, ever.

Im currently running off of a 5400rpm hardrive and compared to boot up time and general speedyness of my uncles laptop which has a 500gb ssd the difference make me cry inside

I need a SSD for my new NAS Setup.

This is a laptop, my desktops suck.

Dell XPS 15 9560 | CPU: Core i7 7700HQ | MBD: DELL 05FFDN | GPU: Intel 630 HD + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 | RAM: 2x8GBDDR4 SO-DIMM Micron Tech 1200.5 MHZ 

Display: LQ156D1 [DELL P/N: Y2XND] | NVMe SSD: THNSN5512GPUK NVMe TOSHIBA 512GB | Battery: DELL 5XJ2879

Thunderbolt 3 Dock: IOGEAR GTD733 | Internet: 300 Mbps (Ethernet over TB3 dock)

"I`d rather eat a apple than have one"

Hello, First of all Thanks to Linus and his team as well as Apacer for this Giveaway,

I would like to have this SSD, or rather Everyone would love to have it to fasten their PCs and really feel or have an experience about the current Technology.

I haven't got the opportunity to experience a SSD ever. So i would be glad to get one for my self and see my PC running and not just working like a forced Worker  LOL.

Thanks again.

The computer industry as a whole should be pushing to get most personal computers running off of SSDs for the most part. I understand that HDDs are usually useful for servers, but right now, HDDs can cause bottlenecks and noticeable slow downs in personal computers. As a tech enthusiast, I understand the pain of having a HDD because I lack a useable high capacity SSD. With that being said, I would be overjoyed to be able to receive one of these! I can push my current setup even further forward in terms of technological advancement. 

-Ethan

I have a 120 gb ssd from kingston and i want to upgrade it to use my os in it.

I think everybody should have a ssd because it will speed up the boot time and work in general

Everyone needs an SSD for High Speed Loading and boot times and larger capacities to boot faster on 60gb games like titan fall or GTA V

My 1TB hard drive is getting close to full with 2+ years of files on it, and a new SSD would help me clear up space, decrease load/boot times, and give me the motivation to set up a Linux dual-boot.

Currently Playing: Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, TF2, BattleBlock Theater

I current have a 3 year old laptop, with a 5400rpm 500gb harddrive. I need a SSD.

I am yet to experience the performance of an ssd and winning one is the only way I will.

I've a 120GB SSD and it has filled up too quickly. Boot up is so quick. It helps even older system too, so that's a great reason why it's good to upgrade to an SSD.

I want one because everyone has one already *UWAAAAAAA*

*Starts crying like a baby*

I have an SSD for my OS and my main hard drive is starting to kick the bucket.. would be useful to keep my games and programs on.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I just got a laptop and it has an ssd/hdd hybrid. It's still so slow! It doesn't matter what specs you have, an SSD will make more difference in day to day use than a generation upgrade!
Personally, I want an ssd for my laptop for peace of mind for any impact it may take.

Don't have an SSD :( no really I'm a student.

and everyone needs boot speeds!

I need a new SSD, because the HDD´s in my PC have worked 14.729h. Alsow they are verry loud.

I build a new Case for my PC on my own and the smaler ssd fits better.

The picture (with dummy Hardware) you can see that a new ssd fits better, bause my GTX 970 is much bigger than the old MSI.

WP_20160212_16_59_40_Pro.jpg

I'm from Scotland and the sheep are keeping my pc warm and just about running but a nice SSD with no moving parts would sort me right out thanks chaps

Everybody needs an SSD for those Blazin fast load up times in games and windows. Only dirty console peasants use slow hard drives to boot up their games.

Hi! I have a few hundred GB HDD in my laptop wich is slow and got a high pitch sound to it... That rapes my ears so it would be nice to get an SSD for no noise and faster speeds!!!

Thanks!!!

Vivat Nocte

You know how your new hot as hell girlfriend is so much better than your bitch ex?

That is how SSDs are better than HDDs :D

I want it to replace my old boot hdd, for better speed0 netter drive...

I think everyone should have an SSD because it can extend their limits of their creativity from upgrading their quality on Youtube to 4k to using Photoshop for what they like. It boots their old or new computer and lets the computer run like never before. It is also satisfying to see the boot up screen bar go across the screen really fast! Would be happy if I got one! :)