XB'owner (Water cooled pc inside xbox one)

3 hours ago, fire219 said:

The XB1 is 3.1 inches tall, and that's the outer dimensions. A full height card will not even come close to fitting when stood up (half height might with a little work). I assume OP is aware of this though, and plans to buy a PCIe extender so that they can place it horizontally.

Any CPU cooler that will fit in those dimensions has to be tiny. Unless you fit a high RPM fan to it, that will severely limit the choice of CPU.

Can't wait to see how OP can get around these obstacles.

It's roughly the same size as an original Xbox, but no domed top. A stock i5/i7 Intel HSF will fit just fine, something like an L9i would be perfect with undervolting and could support a Skylake i7 at stock speeds without being too loud.

The biggest obstacle is really down to choice of parts, since he's gone with an external PSU there's loads of room inside for everything. He's only limited by cooler height and GPU length, and there are loads of vents so extra fans aren't an issue.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

7 hours ago, fire219 said:

681cb7e654b82809d0a3804afa298d758dba5e4e

Make sure it's Intel and Nvidia parts, to make it the opposite of the real XB1 (which uses a custom AMD Jaguar-based chip and a slightly tweaked HD7790). :)

It'll be especially interesting to see how powerful of a CPU you can fit and successfully cool in there. Even the stock Intel heatsink would have a hard time fitting...

You're welcome

I gon make ya wish com tru

cpu, probably X99 platform but lets not go there.

5 hours ago, TheElt said:

I'd hazard a guess at a Skylake i7 with either a 970 or a Nano/Fury X. Height isn't so much of an isse, it's more depth that's the issue

Close, not close enough though;)

4 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Even with a SFF PSU, it will be too large? If you had a small mobo and maybe some R9 Nanos, it might all fit.

some R9 nanos, would be a tight fit. initially I wanted to go with a fury x2, however we all now how possible that is.:(never seen it.

Again guys thanks for the response and keep it coming, we're at page 2 already

gallery_3406_853_429.jpeg

CPU: Intel core i7 4930K @4,3Ghz w Apogee HD MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS RAM: 32GB Vengeance 2133MHz GPU: 2x gtx Titan w Bitspower waterblock Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 ssd + 2x WD Black 2TB Case: Corsair C70

Cooling: 1x 360 rad 30mm thick + 1x 360 rad 60mm thick 6x noctua NF-F12 Display: 3x Asus VG248QE Keyboard: corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G500s

7 minutes ago, MorningStrummer said:

You're welcome

I gon make ya wish com tru

cpu, probably X99 platform but lets not go there.

Close, not close enough though;)

some R9 nanos, would be a tight fit. initially I wanted to go with a fury x2, however we all now how possible that is.:(never seen it.

Again guys thanks for the response and keep it coming, we're at page 2 already

Can't wait to see this build completed.

I used to be quite active here.

I was going to sell my XBone because it has turned out to be a pile of complete c***, maybe i wont sell it depending on your success here xD

There was another dude who built a pc in an XBONE case last year or something like that on this forum 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

1 hour ago, HellaflushMcSwaggins said:

There was another dude who built a pc in an XBONE case last year or something like that on this forum 

Yea I have not seen it yet TBH so I am looking forward to this, the OP seems to know what he has planned so this should be good :D Still waiting on the 70s VCR computer :ph34r: I've got one but in no way the skills to do a system build in it :P 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Yea I have not seen it yet TBH so I am looking forward to this, the OP seems to know what he has planned so this should be good :D Still waiting on the 70s VCR computer :ph34r: I've got one but in no way the skills to do a system build in it :P 

I found this, wouldn't recommend his way though, cutting up a mobo.:o

http://imgur.com/gallery/MF5P4

Hello again it's Monday, everyone enjoyed their day at work/school? I sure did, had a day of :):) 

Anyways as promised a little update:

so everyone sees all these plastic lines/spacers. they need to go.

IMG_20160116_162332_zpskohsjpck.jpg

So lets grab a dremel and start cutting away. (sorry for no in progress shot)

IMG_20160130_171456_zpsyawebiy0.jpg

IMG_20160204_095643_zpse98pmse8.jpg

so that's the initial cut where I made room for the mobo and io shield, also yes those screw's are going to be the mobo stand off's.

After this I had to do a test fit with the mobo to see if I've messed up.

IMG_20160130_171732_zpswxznisyu.jpg

IMG_20160130_171756_zps2a5dq76t.jpg

And it fits like a charm, so lets get going on the top panel.

IMG_20160204_095602_zpscq8rndel.jpg

that's a nice beginning however there's one more problem.

IMG_20160204_095714_zps71h33b0z.jpg

the entire shroud needs to be exposed without cutting in to it.:o

so let's hope I've got a steady hand and the right technique.

IMG_20160204_100942_zps8mnv4vva.jpg

Seems to be going alright.

so how I managed to do this is put a screwdriver in between the panel and mesh to keep them separated and cut away little bits at a time:

IMG_20160204_101433_zps29jk7enl.jpg

IMG_20160204_101441_zpslwltnukz.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I messed up, not to bad though:

IMG_20160204_100953_zpsoon47sae.jpg

and mostly finished here:

IMG_20160204_111206_zpscstxechc.jpg

IMG_20160204_111157_zpsig8plsoh.jpg

not bad if I may say so myself. In the end there were only 2 mis cuts and you can barely see them, so mission accomplished.

so now lets get back to the bottom panel because we where not done yet.

we need to drill some more holes in order to cool this machine.

first let's see how far we want them seperated:

IMG_20160205_144849_zpshewn14gb.jpg

seems to be alright, lets draw some more and start the tedious work.

IMG_20160205_150403_zpszuridcoz.jpg

luckily I don't need to use a hand drill because that would be murder to my arm.

IMG_20160205_153815_zpshun0urkd.jpg

and yes that is a really old machine.

and then now the finished result

IMG_20160205_185559_zpsagc16zgx.jpg

now I'm almost done because I decided to change it up a little bit, so some more drilling and cutting was necessary.

IMG_20160206_101210_zpsyhitnuza.jpg

and done. at least for now.

If you are wondering about those wire's, I'll need them as a ground since I don't use a metal case on the inside.

now last but not least the front-panel, I really wanted to keep the touch sensing so I had to make something up for that.

So I bought some touch sensors to mount to the front ribbon cable.

IMG_20160116_162001_zpsxuikhfbk.jpg

So i got those but it doesn't work like that sadly enough. so lets get creative.

I needed to tap into the capacitive sensor so I could wire it to the ribbon cable, I had 2 options, number one solder a wire to this little pin:

IMG_20160116_162001-2_zpslbvqi1yz.jpg

But that thing is so tiny you would almost need a magnifying-glass in order to solder on it.

so option 2 it was, actually quite simple, drill a hole, scrape away some solder mask on the front, feed a wire through and solder it on there:

IMG_20160124_121840_zpsbwlywwkb.jpg

IMG_20160124_121902_zpsjuyutuq2.jpg

then all I needed to do is mount it to front ribbon cable:

IMG_20160206_102017_zpsqwzoasvw.jpg

but it still doesn't work, I need to power the thing and make it work with thew mobo.

so grab a servo wire mount it to the sensor and remember what color is what.

IMG_20160206_103759_zps9ifkqbx4.jpg

then grab a relaid and wire it up to the sensor.

IMG_20160206_155505_zpsaslmntnm.jpg

IMG_20160206_103317_zps5eh6gs0b.jpg

IMG_20160206_105517_zpsbc0h0srv.jpg

Now the last part about the front panel, lighting up the xbox logo:

IMG_20160206_171750_zpslbudzeyr.jpg

IMG_20160206_171803_zpshpanurpr.jpg

IMG_20160206_171817_zpsmmtvrrup.jpg

seems like a perfect fit to me.

now here is the finished result, I just glued the led that's why the tape:

IMG_20160206_173508_zpseqvztchk.jpg

Power to the touch sensor comes from the on-board usb 2 header, because those things have standby power. and I definitely need that.

Lets leave it at that for now, was already more than planned ;) 

anyways next update is going to be wire harness and mobo/cpu.

Hope you enjoyed

CPU: Intel core i7 4930K @4,3Ghz w Apogee HD MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS RAM: 32GB Vengeance 2133MHz GPU: 2x gtx Titan w Bitspower waterblock Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 ssd + 2x WD Black 2TB Case: Corsair C70

Cooling: 1x 360 rad 30mm thick + 1x 360 rad 60mm thick 6x noctua NF-F12 Display: 3x Asus VG248QE Keyboard: corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G500s

Nice progress so far!

I used to be quite active here.

Braaaaaaid! 

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

@MorningStrummer is that a rog mobo I see ?!

1 hour ago, MorningStrummer said:

IMG_20160130_171732_zpswxznisyu.jpg

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

OMG Subbed :D

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Let's keep this thread on topic people.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, iHardware Shelden said:

-snip-

this one is awesome nonetheless :) i am a  fan of this kind of build and am looking forward to seeing how this turns  out 

4 hours ago, HellaflushMcSwaggins said:

FOUND IT! enjoy:

Wow this is actually a build I look forward to. Xbox One looks smexy. This looks like the perfect scenario for an R9 Nano.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

20 hours ago, Tomic said:

@MorningStrummer is that a rog mobo I see ?!

Yes sir indeed ;), are you also able to tell me witch one?o.O

19 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Let's keep this thread on topic people.

Ó hey, it's a staff member:o:o:o:o got them attentions now :P 

11 hours ago, Henry said:

Wow this is actually a build I look forward to. Xbox One looks smexy. This looks like the perfect scenario for an R9 Nano.

The xbox one is smexy indeed, to sad they had to make it so big though. :( works great for me, but still. ;) 

On 2/6/2016 at 0:57 PM, MorningStrummer said:

Scotty_zpsjfblrjg8.jpg

Actually, I have thought of those small supply's however they never have a high enough wattage, even if I were to use 2 or 3, which will drive the cost up significantly since you also need to take in account the power bricks you need to power those. I'll be going with a standard psu and modify that to my likings.

uhm ho about I'll stick to "worlds most powerful XBox one" ;) 

Maybe use some sort of interconnect on the back? How many watts can an LPT printer port handle? It may be ugly but it would work nicely assuming it can handle the wattage, and you can even secure the plug!

Or a 40-pin molex-type thing?

Eitherway, it would make moving the PC around easier, should you ever have to.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

3 minutes ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

Maybe use some sort of interconnect on the back? How many watts can an LPT printer port handle? It may be ugly but it would work nicely assuming it can handle the wattage, and you can even secure the plug!

Or a 40-pin molex-type thing?

Eitherway, it would make moving the PC around easier, should you ever have to.

Or, you know, have an SFX PSU :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Or, you know, have an SFX PSU :P

Op already said a PSU would be too big, and would be making it external. Having the interconnect would let you carry the PC without worrying about the entire thing exploding as it follows the PSU to the floor (Should you drop the PSU I mean)

2 minutes ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

Op already said a PSU would be too big, and would be making it external. Having the interconnect would let you carry the PC without worrying about the entire thing exploding as it follows the PSU to the floor (Should you drop the PSU I mean)

Have you seen how small SFX PSUs are?

1-1280x1024.jpg

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

This is going to be awesome. I saw someone attempt this a while ago and it turned out weirdly ok. He was required to saw off part of the motherboard and he used a 7850 because anything beefier supposedly produced too much heat.

Good luck!

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Have you seen how small SFX PSUs are?

1-1280x1024.jpg

Yes, I am aware. However, op may be planning to use a large GPU, or has some other plans that may make even an SFX PSU too big. I was only suggestng how OP may be able go about attaching a powersupply to the PC from the outside.

I never said I thought an SFX PSU would be too big in my previous post. I am merely taking into consideration what OP may be planning

@MorningStrummer  gonna say maximus viii ?

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56