PC games I need to try?

Freeeeezy

Finally getting in to some PC gaming, and I was just wondering, what games do I need to try??

I've already tried some of the great exclusives like CSGO and even done some modding (Minecraft, Custom zombies, etc), but now I'm looking at great campaign games that will be worth playing on PC because of the better graphics. I'm already looking at Tomb Raider (eventually working towards the sequel that just came out) but I was wondering what else I should try.

Also try to exclude first person shooters and multiplayer games because I'm looking for a fun single player experience with better then console graphics and a great story mode. 

I don't have the best graphics card, but my 950 should be good for at the very least 1080p Low settings.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

There are some older Classics that count to the best to this Day.

Never Winter Nights 1+2

Gothic1+2

Dragon Age Origins

Those "3" are a mustplay in my Eyes. Well, only if you like RPG´s of course.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Spec ops: the line is kind of a shooter but its graphics are pretty good and the story is intense

Kingdoms of Amalur I thought was a really under rated rpg

Grand Theft Auto 5 as cliche as "oh oh oh play gta bah!" is, the graphics look fantastic even on medium settings and the story is great

Dishonored was one of my absolute favorite games to come out in the last few years..

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

System Shock 2, anything from ID, Undying, System Shock 1, the Carmeggedon franchise, Diablo 1-3, Unreal franchise, Marathon, X-Com's franchise, Halo 1-2, that new Ghost in the Shell game on steam is really good...it's like Titan Fall if Titan Fall wasn't online only and wasn't meh.

Oh, and Rune is the best PC exclusive RPG.  

Some of these are pretty old, but if you like story and gameplay, that shouldn't matter.

>rune

Why haven't I heard of this before. It even has a linux port! And is on GOG!

Well I know what I'm playing next.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

war thunder, clannad, shadows of mordor, civ V, this war of mine, undertale, valkyria chronicles, higurashi, stein's gate, fate stay night (some lewd parts but skippable to my knowledge), witcher 3, metal gear solid V, metal gear solid revengence, skyrim, portal 1 and 2, dark souls, total war series, dont starve, FTL, the sims, OSU, 

Viking/Norse too.

I know. It looks pretty awesome. But it turns out the linux version didn't get released digitally. Looks like I will have to scour ebay, other places, or play the windows version which supposedly runs perfectly in wine.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game with amazing graphics. It's a single player game with an amazing campaign.  Another great game a tad bit older is Metro Last Light. Very great story and fantastic graphics,

It's from 2000, so it's not hard to emulate through WINE.  I'm not finding much on ebay/amazon for the linux port.

Yea I'm not having any luck either the linux version is probably pretty rare. I found a 'digital download' for the linux iso so I will see if that link is still alive and then I will probably buy it on gog. But the box looks pretty awesome so I may just buy a physical copy of the win version and use that instead.

Edit: found the linux version of the expansion for $170 cdn. I think I'll pass on that.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spec ops: the line is kind of a shooter but its graphics are pretty good and the story is intense

Kingdoms of Amalur I thought was a really under rated rpg

Grand Theft Auto 5 as cliche as "oh oh oh play gta bah!" is, the graphics look fantastic even on medium settings and the story is great

Dishonored was one of my absolute favorite games to come out in the last few years..

i think the story on 4 was way better. but the graphics and modding sucked 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Wolfenstein: The New Order

So bucking awesome, the graphics and the story too. The other one, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, is good too, but not as the first one. Definitely try them out, they are pretty cheap on G2A :D :D

The expansion isn't worth it.  It's purely online, and the servers = dead.  The base game is purely the entire game.  You can get Rune Classic, the same game, off Steam and run WINE.

GOG mate. But yeah thats probably what I'm going to do.

It looks sweet. Whats not to like about a bunch of vikings running around killing things.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dishonored, Company of Heroes, Defense Grid, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Sins of a Solar Empire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Stalker, World in Conflict, Supreme Commander, Limbo. That's all I can think of right now that should run well on your PC. These are inexpensive, slightly older games, some have aged better than others but are good, proven games I still play once in while, I've played Chaos Theory once a year for ten years now. 

If you aren't familiar with these games, you are in for a treat. If you change your mind about trying out shooters, Ghost Recon: AW and FEAR are worthy of giving a shot.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I highly recommend Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 - though Gothic 2 with the Night of the Raven expansion is my personal preference. They're single-player RPGs, in the most living and dynamic worlds I've yet experienced in gaming. Some of the greatest quest-writing presented in RPGs, as well. The environments are very well crafted, and every area of the maps feel plausible, and with great character, being entirely not generic. The quests are also not generic, and there truly are multiple ways to solve quests, way which don't feel as if they were contrived just to create multiple ways to complete quests, like they do in many other games.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987