How to remove H440 HDD panel?

Clanscorpia

I want to watercool inside this case and I know you can put a rad and res behind it but is it possible to remove it so you can see it? I'm planing on also modding the panel to make it fully clear. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

umm just drill it out of there

you can't unscrew it if that's what you're asking

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I want to watercool inside this case and I know you can put a rad and res behind it but is it possible to remove it so you can see it? I'm planing on also modding the panel to make it fully clear. Thanks!

From my understanding that panel is riveted into place so you would need to drill out the rivets and most likely do some paint touchup.

dremel or hacksaw would also work, it might look a little strange as the psu shroud does not run the full length of the pc. I cut a slot in the bottom of mine with a dremel to make room for an LED switch.

Will it do anything if I drill it out thoughh?

From my understanding that panel is riveted into place so you would need to drill out the rivets and most likely do some paint touchup.

umm just drill it out of there

you can't unscrew it if that's what you're asking

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

ya, It'll probably start barking at you and bite your fingers off

like what are you talking about? how can a piece of metal act on it's own? it won't do anything other than you make it do

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

It might lessen the rigidity of the case slightly, and have a spot of unpainted metal where the two sheets overlap where it was riveted, since usually they assemble the case then paint it as a whole, so getting a paint marker or metal paint to match would be a good idea.

-Topic moved to Modding Section-

It might lessen the rigidity of the case slightly, and have a spot of unpainted metal where the two sheets overlap where it was riveted, since usually they assemble the case then paint it as a whole, so getting a paint marker or metal paint to match would be a good idea.

-Topic moved to Modding Section-

The paint isnt a problem but the rigidity is. With this affect much? I dont want the case to be really unstable after this If it's to risky I'm going to go with another case like it.

Spoiler

AXIOM

The paint isnt a problem but the rigidity is. With this affect much? I dont want the case to be really unstable after this If it's to risky I'm going to go with another case like it.

I don't think it would be very unstable since it does look like the corners of the case are fairly well built and the PSU shroud/motherboard tray should still keep it relatively stiff. There does look to be a plate at the top left that holds the motherboard tray to the front and top which should help a fair bit with rigidity also. 

H440_wt_right.jpg

I don't think it would be very unstable since it does look like the corners of the case are fairly well built and the PSU shroud/motherboard tray should still keep it relatively stiff. There does look to be a plate at the top left that holds the motherboard tray to the front and top which should help a fair bit with rigidity also. 

H440_wt_right.jpg

After seeing this I think I'm just going to put the res infront of the mobo and just use 1 triple rad because I don't think you need more for a 6600K and a 980 OCed? Correct me if I'm wrong

Spoiler

AXIOM

After seeing this I think I'm just going to put the res infront of the mobo and just use 1 triple rad because I don't think you need more for a 6600K and a 980 OCed? Correct me if I'm wrong

Yea, medium thickness rad for a single CPU and GPU is fairly capable and would be able to handle some overclocking with that. 

Yea, medium thickness rad for a single CPU and GPU is fairly capable and would be able to handle some overclocking with that. 

Is the EK 360 rad a good starter kit? I'm waiting 'till polaris and pascal for a GPU and the rough price range I'm going to buy from is the 980/Fury.

Spoiler

AXIOM

Is the EK 360 rad a good starter kit? I'm waiting 'till polaris and pascal for a GPU and the rough price range I'm going to buy from is the 980/Fury.

It depends on which rad since they have a few options now, if you wanting to start off with a kit though and add in a block and fittings that is usually a fairly cost effective way of going about it.

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-x360

It depends on which rad since they have a few options now, if you wanting to start off with a kit though and add in a block and fittings that is usually a fairly cost effective way of going about it.

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-x360

I was planning on going for the first one and just change the tubing to be clear. I want to put in a fluid that matches the blue on the H440. Is that good?

Spoiler

AXIOM

I was planning on going for the first one and just change the tubing to be clear. I want to put in a fluid that matches the blue on the H440. Is that good?

Yes that can be done as long as the tubing fits the fittings, this would be the correct size:

https://shop.ekwb.com/tube-primochill-primoflextm-advanced-lrttm-15-9-9-5mm-crystal-clear-retail-3m

Yes that can be done as long as the tubing fits the fittings, this would be the correct size:

https://shop.ekwb.com/tube-primochill-primoflextm-advanced-lrttm-15-9-9-5mm-crystal-clear-retail-3m

Thanks!

Spoiler

AXIOM