Custom Mouse Shell, Thing?

TheGhzGuy

Hello all!

I had a crazy idea com across my mind. I have an old G100s lying around, doing nothing, so I had the bright idea to 3D print a new, custom case for the censor and PCB. Maybe make it a little nice to hold. Stuff like that. 

Is this a good idea?

Bad Idea?

Really cool idea?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

I've wanted to do this, following, @TheGhzGuy follow your own topics

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

you could also make a pen-mouse if you`re feeling crafty

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Hello all!

I had a crazy idea com across my mind. I have an old G100s lying around, doing nothing, so I had the bright idea to 3D print a new, custom case for the censor and PCB. Maybe make it a little nice to hold. Stuff like that. 

Is this a good idea?

Bad Idea?

Really cool idea?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Do it, it sounds cool. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Why not, if you can 3D model, have access to a 3D printer, and don't need the mice anymore. 

I like it. when you have something drawn up, show it to us in the modding subforum!

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

you could also make a pen-mouse if you`re feeling crafty

How would you make that? Just curious, I don't want to copy your idea.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

I've wanted to do this, following, @TheGhzGuy follow your own topics

I followed it now ^^

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Why not, if you can 3D model, have access to a 3D printer, and don't need the mice anymore. 

I like it. when you have something drawn up, show it to us in the modding subforum!

I have a triple extruder 3D printer at school, so that works. I have access to AutoDesk. And I really don't need the mouse lol.

Alright, I'll put it there when I get everything together and working ^^ (I have to fix the 3D printer because for some reason it doesn't work)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Thats super cool!

but it would almost fully destroy further use for the mouse

but it would almost fully destroy further use for the mouse

That's what cheap mice are for!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

That's what cheap mice are for!

exactly! MOD ALL THE THINGS!

exactly! MOD ALL THE THINGS!

lol, my life in a nutshell

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

If you do start this please @ me so I know it is going down!

This is actually a really cool idea I see people asking for things for their mice that just aren't made by anyone like a more grippy material for the top of the mouse and things like that. I think 3d printing those things is a great idea

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

If you do start this please @ me so I know it is going down!

Sure! I added you as a friend so I'll remember to do that!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

This is actually a really cool idea I see people asking for things for their mice that just aren't made by anyone like a more grippy material for the top of the mouse and things like that. I think 3d printing those things is a great idea

A friend of mine suggested that I have ventilation holes so your palms don't sweat.  I don't really know how to get the grippy material on a 3D printed mouse though. That part confuses me.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

A friend of mine suggested that I have ventilation holes so your palms don't sweat.  I don't really know how to get the grippy material on a 3D printed mouse though. That part confuses me.

yeh, i'm not really sure how a grippy material like rubber would work in this scenario either, just tossing out ideas :P

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

yeh, i'm not really sure how a grippy material like rubber would work in this scenario either, just tossing out ideas :P

I think it's polycarbonate

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Don't know how I'd feel about that on a mouse considering if you do sweat, it would go down.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Im no expert on 3d printing but i think you are severely limited design wise in comparison to injection molding, also you need the capability to print with ABS.

Yeah, there are some design issues, but I think I can get around it. I'm going to be one of the three 3D printers at my school can use ABS plastic

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Don't know how I'd feel about that on a mouse considering if you do sweat, it would go down.

Yeah, there is always that issue

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Maybe if you could add some very fine grooves they'd improve grip and ventilation

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.