Custom Mouse Shell, Thing?

TheGhzGuy

Maybe if you could add some very fine grooves they'd improve grip and ventilation

That's a really good idea! It might not feel that great on the hand though

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

That's a really good idea! It might not feel that great on the hand though

Yeah you'd have to experiment with placement, direction, height, and frequency.  Also, if it's like a rubbery material it might give a little, which would make it easier on your hand.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Yeah you'd have to experiment with placement, direction, height, and frequency.  Also, if it's like a rubbery material it might give a little, which would make it easier on your hand.

Thats a good idea. I just need to find the rubbery material we're both talking about.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Don't know how I'd feel about that on a mouse considering if you do sweat, it would go down.

And would then be in the bottom of the mouse and might refract/reflect the light from the laser and cause it to not read your movement properly. Also the inside would be freaking disgusting. Like mold and crap.

-snip-

Awesome idea! Do it! Can I ask what printer you'll be using? Wishful thinking an Ultimaker 2? NinjaFlex is a fantastic rubber filament with a high shore rating, just very slow to print with.

Awesome idea! Do it! Can I ask what printer you'll be using? Wishful thinking an Ultimaker 2? NinjaFlex is a fantastic rubber filament with a high shore rating, just very slow to print with.

My school, somehow, has an Ultimaker 2! We also have a triple extruder printer, but I have no idea what it's called. Also what on earth is a shore rating?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Fantastic, the UM2 is a great bit of kit, got one at work we use all the time. I've got a FlashForge Creator Pro in my workshop which is a dual extruder (works pretty well).

Just curious, you mentioned using ABS plastic - it's not quite as easy as PLA to get started with. I'd certainly develop and prototype with the PLA, then move onto ABS when you've got some designs laid down.

To answer your question - bedtime reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardness

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?q=ninjaflex%20shore%20hardness

Fantastic, the UM2 is a great bit of kit, got one at work we use all the time. I've got a FlashForge Creator Pro in my workshop which is a dual extruder (works pretty well).

Just curious, you mentioned using ABS plastic - it's not quite as easy as PLA to get started with. I'd certainly develop and prototype with the PLA, then move onto ABS when you've got some designs laid down.

To answer your question - bedtime reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardness

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?q=ninjaflex%20shore%20hardness

Thank you so much for all ther reading material! Along with linking me to that NinjaFlex stuff, thats the biggest breakthrough yet!

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

No problem, just interested to see where you go with it! Here's a couple pics of a weird thing we made (sorry I can't explain what it's for).

C6skNdO.jpg

4V2RXjQ.jpg

No problem, just interested to see where you go with it! Here's a couple pics of a weird thing we made (sorry I can't explain what it's for).

C6skNdO.jpg

4V2RXjQ.jpg

Oh thats super cool! Yeah, first I need to fix our school's 3D print, then I'm try some stuff out. Heck, maybe if this goes far enough I'll start a company (Although I'm already making video games, so I'll just merge them) 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock