Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

Hello. I'm from Romania, and i want to try winning some extra storage even if the competition is BIG.

My current setup is made from two desktop pc's.

One is for daily use and have an 120gb Adata Ssd for the OS because is loading a lot faster and a Raid0 setup made from two wd10ezex because i need the 2tb space and in raid0 they run like hell.

The second Pc is in HTPC zone. It's storage is made from 60gb Intel Ssd for the os, wich is loading in about 10 seconds and two 2tb wd green drives for the storage. Here i do not use any raid because I need the storage space and i need safety as much I can get from the setup.

I hope i can win some extra space to do some back-ups.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

250 GB seagate barracuda for os and programs and a 500 GB wd green for storage.

I did this so that if the os drive fails, I still have all important data on the other drive. wd drive came with computer, was given the seagate.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Hi i am using 80gb ST30211 i guess i dont know if this is correct my mother bought this when i was grade 1 student it was about 8-7years ago i guess i am in grade 8 right now my father brought me a new PC Core i3 and a new Motherboard h616-m12 it was a graduation gift i used this 80GB ST30211 For Flight Simulator now there are only 2GB ram left since i used it for flight simulator addons and sony vegas photoshop etc. 

i only have 1game here only FSX i dont have a chance to play BattleField 3 and GTA 4 im afraid that i might have no ram left and maybe it causes my 

fsx to lag i have no money im a student i would love that WD 4,0TB ram WdDLDJ7.jpg

Specs Core i3

h616-m12 elitegroup 

and gt9500

80gb ram 

I used core i3 because its cheap and its fast and can handle several flight simulator addons 

i dont know about my motherboard though the store that we have bought offers this motherboard 

gt9500 when my pc was not upgraded a technician suggested this to buy i dont know why i cant remeber

much of the details and this HDD was brought together when my Full Package PC with a monitor cpu keyboard etc. 

and this HDD was about 6years ago 

I run:

1. 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for OS and main programs.

2. 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for Steam games

3. 160GB WD Blue for media.

I find myself deleting stuff very often to make room since I have such low storage capacity. I could really benefit from a new drive!

Facebook share from Oscar: https://www.facebook.com/Oscahh/posts/3464328984268

Twitter share with Twitter handle @Oscahh: https://twitter.com/Oscahh/status/378383636321415169'

Google+ share with name Oscar Ibarra: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108870662670004803706/posts/Qv9DFAzhyoK

I currently have the following drives in my PC

HDD:   

WD WD Green WDBAAY5000ENC-NRSN 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s : Offered great storage and decent speeds but it is certainly not enough for all the games, music and gameplay videos that I have.

SSD: 

Corsair Force Series CSSD-F60GB2/RF2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD): Can barely fit anything on this drive beside the OS, and 5 games that take a long time to load without the help of an SSD.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

I have a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 on my PC.

I bought Samsung because 3 years ago was the best option in performance/price and the warranty of Samsung here in Argentina is really good.

1x 2Tb Seagate Barracuda - OS

2x 1.5Tb Seagate Barracuda - Mirrored Pool in Windows 8 Storage Spaces

1x 320Gb Samsung - Steam Games

I use the 2Tb HDD for my OS because I like the luxury of accumulating lots of files before the need to do any spring cleaning. Anything worth keeping such as music, photos, health material, etc. are moved to the Mirrored Pool in Storage Spaces. Lastly the 320Gb HDD is 8 years old which is expected to die any day now and is the location for my steam games which can be re-downloaded anytime.

1. I have a Windows 8 desktop with 128GB Sandisk SDD for OS and 2TB WD HDD for data. I have set up my old desktop as headless Windows 7 PC with Teamviewer. Old dektop has one 2TB WD HDD. Every now and then I take system image of my Windows 8 PC to old PC, as well as file copy of my important files like pictures and videos.

I use a 120GB SSD to cache my 1TB WD black HDD via Intel SRT. Also got a 2TB and 1TB WD green drives for storage. NEED MORE STORAGE!

Awesome giveaway Linus! As always :)

I have a 120GB SSD for the OS, browsers and heavy softwares like PS.

Also a 2TB internal HDD for Steam and Origin games, music and my favorite TV shows and movies.

And a 2TB external HDD for backups.

Almost every single GB on those hard drives is occupied :(

I currently have a Seagate 1TB boot and 2TB drives. I really need mass storage right now for my games and movies. I also do mild video editing so the space is quite useful. I also use it for storing my pictures. I am planing to upgrade my boot drive to an ssd but its really expensive here and im still a student. :D

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.tumulak/posts/630315516989599

Twitter : https://twitter.com/sillyoes/status/378463610785132544

I currently have a wd blue 320 gb storage setup. I have only been in the pc world for 9 months and I took my friends advice. After about a month I knew it wasn't enough. I have looked into ssd but still not sure about them. I know for sure I need more storage.

I currently have a wd blue 320 gb storage setup. I have only been in the pc world for 9 months and I took my friends advice. After about a month I knew it wasn't enough. I have looked into ssd but still not sure about them. I know for sure I need more storage.

I currently have a HP N40L MicroServer running two 3TB WD Reds in RAID1. I read that the WD Reds were made for NASes and hence I decided to try them out. The NAS is used to store backups for my family's PC at home, as well as shared libraries, like videos and pictures. I'm already running out of the space on the 3TBs; it'd be great to have more space to store more things!

I'm buying a new gaming rig next month, it will include:

Samsung 840 Evo 120GB for the OS and programs, 1TB WD Black for my Steam games and heavy programs and another 1TB WD Blue for mass storage.

I ordered the SSD for speed, the WD Black for reliability and the WD Blue because I needed a cheap mass storage solution.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MichaelShohat/status/378472174622736384

I have a 120GB Sandisk Ultra SSD for boot and applications like Photoshop, because it is fast and cheap. I then have a 1TB Seagate Barracuda for music/photo storage and a 1TB WD blue for all my other applications. I bought one a year after the other because I originally thought 1TB would be enough for everything...Need more drives please!

I have a 120GB Sandisk Ultra SSD for boot and applications like Photoshop, because it is fast and cheap. I then have a 1TB Seagate Barracuda for music/photo storage and a 1TB WD blue for all my other applications. I bought one a year after the other because I originally thought 1TB would be enough for everything...Need more drives please!

i use a 256 GB samsung 830 for the OS and things i need to run fast, i wanted the ssd because of the speed, and i use a 1 TB samsung drive as primary storage, for games and music, i also have an older 1 TB WD blue which is the secondary storage drive for backup and movies. i use the HDDs because of the low price/GB compared to SSDs.

i do look forward to a future of pure SSD random read/write speed.

I've got an OEM desktop, and I have yet to change / upgrade my whole system.
Right now I'm using a 1 terabyte hard-drive for mass storage of everything, alongside a 500 gb external USB3 hard-drive that I use for backup.

Facebook: Clarence Chan: https://www.facebook.com/clarence.chan.35/posts/567660989936980

Twitter: @infinitiblaze: https://twitter.com/infinitiblaze/status/378484052174454785

Hi Linus!

I have 2x WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDDs, which I chose over Seagate's 500GB HDDs because of some very informative reviews.

I chose 2x 500GB opposed to 1x 1TB as I wanted to do some game recording. Unfortunately I didn't realise just how much space that took, so now I'm stuck with ~110GB between the two of them due to the sheer amount of raw footage I have saved!

Also, due to budget issues I wasn't able to get an SSD in combination with a 1TB HHD. Luckily, Christmas is around the corner and I've been hinting at the Mrs., so hopefully i'll have my hands on my first SSD soon ;)

Anyway, thanks a lot for this chance to win :)

i5 3570 - 3.4ghz \ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR3 - 1600mhz \ EVGA GTX 660 2GB

View it here! - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/FEP

I Am using two drives at the moment, i have a 60GB SSD for my OS and i have a 1TB Drive for games and programs, i have chosen this because i had a 300GB Drive before and almost filled it :P

Computer Eqiupment:

I'm running a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint, along with a 160GB Maxtor i had laying around.  I need more space for videos and just general media.  Only reason I don't have an SSD is cause my budget has not allowed for one, and storage is one of my bigger concerns, not speed.