Why do people hate p95?

I am pretty furious right now

P95 26.6 : http://windows-downloads-center.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/prime95-266.html

use 1344k fft size  for testing cpu vcore

use 8k for cooling solution

800k for ram

864k whole system

if you are overclocking your cpu, you can probably run an hour of aida and crash within minutes with 1344k

i feel the p95 hate bandwagon is just stupid, gaining a bit of knowledge on fft sizes can mean you can test your system very effectively and using the right version can stop temperature issues on the newer avx versions

but, why do people hate prime ?

It is stupid, person says A and everyone repeats it. It's all about context and a case-by-case scenario.

agreeing.. just like asus and gibayte, the whole forum seems to hate them now.. LOL

they may be bad for amd but fine for nvidia

No hate, I just prefer using Aida64 and IBT. Once I'm stable in them I've never had a crash during normal operation.

I personally use it on a daily basis.

me too.. it is useful software for overclockers
it seems the people hating on it arent even overclockers

No hate, I just prefer using Aida64 and IBT. Once I'm stable in them I've never had a crash during normal operation.

why use aida which takes hours to find instability on cpu compared to prime 1344k

There is also a massive difference between Prime95 25.11, 26,6, 27,9 and 28.5+. They use different instructions and thus have different impacts on voltage.

It also doesn't matter if you're using a fixed voltage, as the board can't add extra voltage.

But alas, it's already part of the "repeat-at-every-hint-of-subjectX"-doctrine of LTT.

agreeing.. just like asus and gibayte, the whole forum seems to hate them now.. LOL

they may be bad for amd but fine for nvidia

ASUS beeing a bad manufacturer of AMD cards is also wrong.

Not sure how it looks on the Gigabyte side of things, but I don't think that they are bad either, especially because they are making those cards for a pretty long time now and they haven't changed much compared to ASUS for example.

There is also a massive difference between Prime95 25.11, 26,6, 27,9 and 28.5+. They use different instructions and thus have different impacts on voltage.

It also doesn't matter if you're using a fixed voltage, as the board can't add extra voltage.

But alas, it's already part of the "repeat-at-every-hint-of-subjectX"-doctrine of LTT.

that is why i linked 26.6 as that doesnt use avx

Not sure how it looks on the Gigabyte side of things, but I don't think that they are bad either, especially because they are making those cards for a pretty long time now and they haven't changed much compared to ASUS for example.

asus amd cards arent bad ion the slightest, its just that we're on an idealist forum, and if theres something else better, that means all but that best thing is absolute shyte and will catch fire.

im not going to mention there name but i think we all know who it is who spreads that non sense

the one who based all his knowledge of newegg reviews it seems

why use aida which takes hours to find instability on cpu compared to prime 1344k

I use Aida for a quick check stability check on any settings changes and then use IBT to check for long term stability.

im not going to mention there name but i think we all know who it is who spreads that non sense

the one who based all his knowledge of newegg reviews it seems

I don't want to talk bad about people.

If you don't like a specific person here, then you can tell him/her directly.

I am pretty furious right now

P95 26.6 : http://windows-downloads-center.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/prime95-266.html

use 1344k fft size  for testing cpu vcore

use 8k for cooling solution

800k for ram

864k whole system

if you are overclocking your cpu, you can probably run an hour of aida and crash within minutes with 1344k

i feel the p95 hate bandwagon is just stupid, gaining a bit of knowledge on fft sizes can mean you can test your system very effectively and using the right version can stop temperature issues on the newer avx versions

its  basucaly a downloadable firepit for your pc

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Cause they wrecked their motherboard or CPU with it, kek.

jk kinda, that is one of the biggest causes back in the day though, but recently its due to Intel chips getting stupidly hot while running P95.

I still run it on basically everything since I'm not weaksauce.(along with Furmark)

its basucaly a downloadable firepit for your pc

i loled at this..
typical example of the bandwagon

Cause they wrecked their motherboard or CPU with it, kek.

jk kinda, that is one of the biggest causes back in the day though, but recently its due to Intel chips getting stupidly hot while running P95.

I still run it on basically everything since I'm not weaksauce.(along with Furmark)

i dont use furmark because it throttles cards and therefore isnt good at stress testing.
and if you use 26.6 it doesnt use avx... so temps are way lower then newer avx versions

i loled at this..

typical example of the bandwagon

ikr

but tbh it really brings the heat. but as long as you watch it, its fine

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Prime95...everyone says it's bad for Haswell and later chips because it forces voltages that are higher than any other synthetic load can produce, which can be damaging if run for extended periods of time?

Sig under construction.

Prime95...everyone says it's bad for Haswell and later chips because it forces voltages that are higher than any other synthetic load can produce, which can be damaging if run for extended periods of time?

never had that problem

and if you look at my post i linked 26.6 which is the latest version without avx

I don't use haswell but why don't you set the vcore yourself ? or is that not possible with this chip ?

never had that problem

and if you look at my post i linked 26.6 which is the latest version without avx

The fact that P95 uses AVX doesn't change my point?

Almost all people will use the latest version.

Sig under construction.

I don't use haswell but why don't you set the vcore yourself ? or is that not possible with this chip ?

ofc it is possible...

I believe I've seen stories of it increasing the vcore temporarily even when it's manually set.

And no, I'm not insane enough to run with auto vcore, even though I'm interested in a suicide overclock some day.

Sig under construction.