Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I tried the links on my desktop and phone with no problems.

I should get that Pico tipped one for smd work...

and how often do you desolder smd?

far more often than id like

Yay I can finally join thsi club. I use a Logitech G710+, awesome keyboard!

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Any ideas on what color each "Zone" should be?
The reason I have it in zones, is the orange will be a base set with legends, the white will be a modifier set, and the reds are purchased seperatly.

The colors are just plaseholders to differentiate zones.

I cant decide on the colors... I want it to be unique, somewhat retro looking.

post-53826-0-82383500-1451405650.png

Buying from

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-stock-sublimated-keycap-sets/

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-pbt-abs-blank-keycap-sets/

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

trick question is there any mechanical keyboard with 18 dedicated macro keys similar to Corsair K95 but being cheaper than 200$ they ask for it?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

trick question is there any mechanical keyboard with 18 dedicated macro keys similar to Corsair K95 but being cheaper than 200$ they ask for it?

Why don't you just make a dedicated pad with 18 macro keys? That'd be much cheaper and you could keep your current board.

Why don't you just make a dedicated pad with 18 macro keys? That'd be much cheaper and you could keep your current board.

I already have G11 with 18 dedicated macro keys.

There's nothing wrong with it except for being really old and membrane. I'm looking for a replacement but can't seem to find one - the only suitable would be K95 but it's price is outrageous.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Here is my board. It's a Daskeyboard Model S. The older one before the media controls were implemented. It has cherry MX browns but I want to find something with MX whites as they are by far my favourite switch. I have put lavender WASD brand caps on the alphanumeric keys and a duck cap for ESC (I hate ducks and am terrified of them so it is fitting), a clear cap for F1 because my switch tester came with an extra clear cap, zinc attack on titan keys for the top row of the num pad and I have left the rest of the num pad stock with the blank black keys. I have installed 0.2mm O rings on all the keys. 

Tell me what you think and have a great day and a happy new year :)

post-290135-0-75406500-1452558245_thumb.

post-290135-0-94181700-1452558311_thumb.

post-290135-0-45699600-1452558372_thumb.

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

My membrane keyboard broke.  Any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard for $90? I prefer Cherry MX brown switches.

I'm very happy to see that the Asus Claymore and Spatha are coming out...finally after about 8-9 months of hype. 

bit.ly/1JHfHGc 

Some thoughts on the keyboard:

- I do not like that it doesn't have a wrist rest.

- It will use USB 3.1 but we aren't sure what type of connector and whether it is backwards compatible to 3.0?  I don't have a 3.1 port!

- Basically is uses Corsairs Cherry MX RGB keys but will be using their own "Asus Armory" software.  Better or worse than Corsair?

- It looks amazing and I really hope it is solid and not just some faux plastic

- It has no wrist rest!

- Detachable 10 key number pad is pretty awesome.

The Spatha mouse looks pretty cool too. 

- Magnesium chassis is an interesting design.  Isn't aluminum light enough?

- Side buttons is unique. I wonder how they feel when pressing them and how long it would take to get used to them.

- Switchable switches is nice

Overall I was very excited about this keyboard mouse when it was first announced long long ago last year. Now... meh not so much.

What do you all think?

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

The Spatha mouse looks pretty cool too.

- Magnesium chassis is an interesting design. Isn't aluminum light enough?

- Side buttons is unique. I wonder how they feel when pressing them and how long it would take to get used to them.

- Switchable switches is nice

Overall I was very excited about this keyboard mouse when it was first announced long long ago last year. Now... meh not so much.

What do you all think?

if it is going to be the same stupid setup as their last mouse with swappable switches it is pointless. Last time they still put all the screws under the feet so you needed new feet every time you changed the switches.

-Snip-

I am just a bit meh about the product overall... it just seams a little waste of innovation. They need to be coming up with another game changer like RGB lighting in the boards as everyone and their dogs mousemat are now in the RGB game.

Personally I hate using a numberpad, so that would pretty much go straight in the bin for my setup. However some people love it, so why would you make it detachable?

To most gamers, switchable switches is just going to be a buzz word for them to buy the keyboard. I suspect that most new owners of the board will not bother with swapping the switches out.

To most gamers, switchable switches is just going to be a buzz word for them to buy the keyboard. I suspect that most new owners of the board will not bother with swapping the switches out.

that is on the mouse not the keyboard but same thing still applies.

@Charger, that little usb hub thing your keyboard and num pad are attatched to, did you make that?

I will need to make/buy something like that for my 2 halves.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Now the Spatha is supposed to be wireless.  It would be nice to actually have a great wireless mouse that works well in gaming for once.

I have the new mamba and it is ... okay... most of the time....

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

@Charger, that little usb hub thing your keyboard and num pad are attatched to, did you make that?

I will need to make/buy something like that for my 2 halves.

I made it when I was making my numpad, it is basically just 2 usb extensions.

I made it when I was making my numpad, it is basically just 2 usb extensions.

Oh so is it like 2 cables sleeved into one coming of the back?

Oh so is it like 2 cables sleeved into one coming of the back?

not even sleeved just 2 usb cables ran out the back with a few zip ties to keep them together along.

you can kind of see it before the cables were soldered on in this photo

wf4Vguo.jpg

Yeh, the real hardcore guys will be changing them but the standard gamer will just want to set and forget...

I would say that 90% of people that would change the switched would have done so regardless of them making them socketed and if their last mouse like this is any indicator they don't expect people to do it anyways. Last time they kept the screws under the feet meaning you need new feet each time you change them and they only give you one extra set along with a set of different switches. So even if you wanted to try the switches there was no going back if you didn't like them without having to spend money to get new feet.

I would say that 90% of people that would change the switched would have done so regardless of them making them socketed and if their last mouse like this is any indicator they don't expect people to do it anyways. Last time they kept the screws under the feet meaning you need new feet each time you change them and they only give you one extra set along with a set of different switches. So even if you wanted to try the switches there was no going back if you didn't like them without having to spend money to get new feet.

It almost sounds like they are taking a leaf out of Coolermasters book and getting on the accessories hype train. It looks like you will be able to buy so many things to make this mouse "better". However I do really like the design style, like the pattern on the side. However it would take a lot to get my away from my Mionix Naos 8200! Just a really well rounded mouse!

I have also always wondered how good the detachable USB is on the mouse. I had a mouse a while ago and the cable felt loose and did come out of the mouse towards the end of its lifespan before I binned it...

Any Idea on the price of this new mouse?

not even sleeved just 2 usb cables ran out the back with a few zip ties to keep them together along.

you can kind of see it before the cables were soldered on in this photo

wf4Vguo.jpg

Ok, I'll probably stop something like this.

I might end up building a num pad later as well so i might just get a 3 port usb hub and put it in a case that matches my keyboard

My membrane keyboard broke.  Any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard for $90? I prefer Cherry MX brown switches.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839022&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard-_-23-839-022-_-Product 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133