LINUS TECH TIPS TEAM Q&A

Slick

I have a question for you guys! 

What it is it like working for Linus? Is it all fun and games like it seems  to be on videos? Or is there  strict rules? Whats it like would love to see this answered ! Thanks guys ! 

Will LMG be teaming up with any more companies for LTT products in 2016?

I purchased 3 LTT noctua fans from NCIX.US . But they only had 140mm fans available. Will noctua do a second run of your fans so I can pick up some 120mm ones?

IF not just send me 1 and I will pay linus back ; )

Luke and NickyV, what do you guys do for exercise to stay in such good shape?

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Will I ever get a response about the mineral oil pc? :lol:

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Have a question you've wanted to ask a specific member?

need some insight on a random problem?

Why turnip on the wan show?

POST THEM BELOW!

Video coming soon maybe?

Can you explain the incident with Brandon and the metal keyboard?
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

This is a question for Linus and/or Luke -

How long do you think it will be before we see wireless mechanical keyboards hit the mainstream from companies like Logitech, Corsair, etc.?

Here's a question for Luke -

Any tips for benchmarking systems? After trying it out myself, it's definitely more extensive then I first thought! :P

Can you do Scrapyard wars, CES 2016 edition?

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

What video editing programs do you guys use?

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Question for luke:

Would you still be working with Linus Media Group if Ic Diamond thermal paste was no longer provided for free? 

Q: What if we already have ddr5 4000+ mhz ram and i push the settings to use more than the available vram, Do i still get massive fps drop and shuttering?

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

How much time goes into color correcting and color grading? What tools or plugins do you use?

Would LMG consider publishing the release schedule as  a google sheet so we can see when videos are coming out. If something is under NDA then you could label it as "surprise" or "title coming soon". This would really be helpful and allow us to call out Linus late tips for being late  

Luke - The vlog you did on your channel the other day was awesome. Any plans to do any vlogs like that around the office if Linus lets you? :D

- What is the average ISP bandwidth used by LMG?

- Why do you guys do not used any cloud backup solutions?

For Nick Van Berkel:

- How many times have you been to a fist fight?

- How many have you sent to hospital?

NEW FORUM WITHIN A WEEK!?!?!?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How did you contact linus about joining LMG and what was on your resume to get his attention?

His resume had his oil cooled PC on it

This would really be helpful and allow us to call out Linus late tips for being late  

I don't think they're going to do that just to give people a reason to complain.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Linus what is the name of the knife that you use specifically the black one that flips out also why turnip on the wan show

What's the name of linus's black knife that flips out, the one he uses for unboxings recently

To LMG Crew: What did it feel like building your first PC rig? Also what were the specs you had?

wow that video was up quick, was a fun one too. Good to hear of things like RSI after their first mention. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?