[Factory Video] How the steam controller is built

Agent181

0:40 is oddly satisfying 

the begining reminded me of TopGear

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Beautiful video, and a nice "How It's Made" type look into how they build the things.

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Beautiful video, and a nice "How It's Made" type look into how they build the things.

yea it did remind me of that, its weird but I like it

Looks cool but I thought there'd be more manual assembly. Didn't know it would be entirely automatic with robots.

Looks cool but I thought there'd be more manual assembly. Didn't know it would be entirely automatic with robots.

everything is moving to robots now, remember the asus gpu assembly line that happened a few months ago? well just about all major manufacturing companies are going full automated

everything is moving to robots now, remember the asus gpu assembly line that happened a few months ago? well just about all major manufacturing companies are going full automated

I do know about Asus but they talked about it like an industry first and therefore bragging rights.

I do personally think it's the way to go but there's of course the issue of labor, lay offs and jobs in general. Depending on where you live, it'll be frowned upon of you laid off a lot of employees in favor of robots.

But of course, now I've opened up a can of worms. I shall see myself out.

They couldn't have chosen better music for this video, Aperture Science indeed :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I do know about Asus but they talked about it like an industry first and therefore bragging rights.

I do personally think it's the way to go but there's of course the issue of labor, lay offs and jobs in general. Depending on where you live, it'll be frowned upon of you laid off a lot of employees in favor of robots.

But of course, now I've opened up a can of worms. I shall see myself out.

actually what some companies are going to start doing is bringing back jobs and build inside to sell locally but thats a whole different thing thats unrelated 

Should have build Glados, mounted at the center of the factory ceiling. Motivating workers with her dark humor. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Gotta love watching the automated process at work.  I want to see motherboards go the way of Asus' auto-extreme manufacturing *_*  Increased reliability, and no Human element involved.  Well, for the most part.

this was a good video

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Shades of Portal.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm I the only one who notice that the machines they use say "Aperture" ? Portal 3 Confirmed :D

I noticed that too! That is extremely fucking awesome.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

if i ever buy order one, i'll order it with sand paper

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>