What technology were you a "early adopter" to?

pcman2000

I know it's not exciting, but I had a DVD recorder DVD_recorder.jpg

at around 2001, when these things were almost $1K and were very expensive.

My friend had a DVI monitor at that time, which I was very jelly of.

I need more SSDs.

Nothing. I turtle and wait for prices to lower.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Raspberry Pi. Got mine in one of the first shipments.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Nintendo Nes

NES-Console-Set.jpg

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

A light amplified by scientifically emitted radiation

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Games... Many games... I buy full price at release most of the time. I just don't have the patience. 

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

Hd dvd's.. they had a very short reign before blu ray beat them but my house hold was the first in all of edmonton to own one ;)

I high end-ish android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) at the time there where about 20 or so other people that had pretty good Android phones. Most others had iPhones but I managed to get Android going at my school once people had had a go.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

PSP i bought one 1 week after release :D

Interested in Business and Technology

Pocket PCs, useless these days, here's the three I had:

220px-Palmpilot5000_eu.pngphilips_nino_500_7.jpge125.jpg

So basically the super early version of the smarthphone ( withouth the ability to actually make phonecalls / sms ) that's awesome :P

a QX6700

first quadcore cpu

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So basically the super early version of the smarthphone ( withouth the ability to actually make phonecalls / sms ) that's awesome :P

Pretty much, sounds pretty sh*t now but there was lots of software available for them, kept me well entertained. Eventually they did start putting sims in them, there was a Compaq one that did I believe, but I had moved on at that stage.

Anyone else have a pager? *shudders*

prima.jpg

I bought the first gen PSP. It actually worked very well for being a first run product.  Oh and the Gameboys, I had all of them up to the SP.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I bought the first gen PSP. It actually worked very well for being a first run product.  Oh and the Gameboys, I had all of them up to the SP.

Yay welcome to the First gen PSP owners club ::D

HD DVD :P

BD-UP5000_overhead.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm generally pretty careful with my purchases and I tend to take my time, but I picked up one of the very first Corsair Force 3 SSDs... which had horrible firmware that could brick the SSD if you sneezed in its direction. I had two die on me, but Corsair took good care of me each time and I'm still using the third one to this day :P

Corsair_Force3_120GB_SSD_zps0796bffd.jpg

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

4670K, Z87 Pro Mobo, and my 780 (ordered it the day the 700 series launched).

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ