Is 700w inter tech PSU good?

Focke Wolf

I am a budget gamer. When i bought my PC parts seller recomended me 700w inter tech PSU. It was same priced as another 600w at chiefteg. Am i getting scammed for crappy PSU, And do i have any big riscs?

System:

CPU>Pentium G3258

Mobo> H81M-P33

GPU> GTX 750 ti Gainward golden sample

Ram> 8hb of kingston

HHD> 1gb toshiba 

Windows 8.1

How fast can you say "Burn baby burn"?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Both are crap don't touch

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How fast can you say "Burn baby burn"?

hahahahahah you're funny

so i was wondering, how are Chieftec PSU's? I don't mean to buy it, but they seem to be pretty expensive

with that build... get a 400-ish watt seasonic unit.

and yes, parts sellers very much like to recommend crap PSUs, i've seen my very own deal of that.

my aunt's old desktop has a "very good power supply" that literally only has chinese lettering on the label...

hahahahahah you're funny

so i was wondering, how are Chieftec PSU's? I don't mean to buy it, but they seem to be pretty expensive

burntpc04.JPG

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

hahahahahah you're funny

Depends on the unit. Some are complete crap, while others are actually pretty good Delta and SuperFlower units. 

Majority of them are cheaper CWT units and Sirtec units, neither of which are very good. 

for reference, this is roughly the build the person is giving you, i hope for the love of god he's not charging you more than 400 dollars for it (if USA, prices differ between regions)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9JYvrH

EDIT: forgot winderp, add 100 dollars to pricing.

here's a better pick, to compare to my earlier placed "what the guy is offering you"

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Nf3LGX

- same pentium chip, add 50 bucks for an i3 to have 4 threads

- motherboard is decent, we're talking budget here, its fine.

- 2x4 kit of ram, the mobo only has two slots, but i doubt you're gonna look at 16GB ram in this budget either way.

- decent 1TB hard drive, when hard drive RPM isnt mentioned, thats a huge red flag for me, because they're probably hiding that they're 5400rpm hard drives, which are a joke...

- GTX950 instead of a 750Ti, they both fall very near in the price department, but the 950 will perform considerably better.

- decent seasonic psu, this thing will probably outlast you.

for reference, this is roughly the build the person is giving you, i hope for the love of god he's not charging you more than 400 dollars for it (if USA, prices differ between regions)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9JYvrH

EDIT: forgot winderp, add 100 dollars to pricing.

Thanks. Only reason i bought 700w PSU, Cause of that, I was out of money so i had to bought used HD 5970. YOu know how much this machine needs...  Now i bought GTX 750ti. But what to choose if i am on 400w-500w?

I am a budget gamer. When i bought my PC parts seller recomended me 700w inter tech PSU. It was same priced as another 600w at chiefteg. Am i getting scammed for crappy PSU, And do i have any big riscs?

System:

CPU>Pentium G3258

Mobo> H81M-P33

GPU> GTX 750 ti Gainward golden sample

Ram> 8hb of kingston

HHD> 1gb toshiba 

Windows 8.1

Do NOT cheap out on a powersupply. It will bite you in the ass. Get an XFX proseries core edition, fairly inexpensive, does the job well. Check on Jonnyguru about any powersupplies where you doubt their quality - it is THE database to look at.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Thanks. Only reason i bought 700w PSU, Cause of that, I was out of money so i had to bought used HD 5970. YOu know how much this machine needs...  Now i bought GTX 750ti. But what to choose if i am on 400w-500w?

A 750ti uses very little power and doesn't even need external power to run it. For something like that an EVGA 500B would be a solid choice. Heck, even a Corsair CX-series wouldn't be suicide with one.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

this would server you better, high quality psu paired with a quad core and a 950, you will be able to play every game with high settings and decent frame rates

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($68.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT WH ATX Mid Tower Case  ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $371.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-22 12:36 EST-0500

The site has changed....