FIRST BLOOD - Linus Tech Tips Forum Badges Now Available

LinusTech

when is the pink badge creation video coming?

Just donated. :)

Thanks guys for everything

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Well, I was guilty of using Ad block when I first joined. As soon as possible I think $50 is coming your way. Keep up the good work Linus

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If someone donates 500$ make Linus draw a picture of himself giving diesel a titan.

Can anyone verify when this will end (exact date please)?

I wouldn't have gone stupid with my money this month if I had known :P

Just seen my post...how is my pic on there?

Done. I donated $13.37. Couldn't resist. :P

:D

You should get a special badge just for doing that. Like, seriously.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

have you noticed, they have taken so much money they have taken this feature offline

I couldn't care less if they would make millions by having this donation button, but I think it would nice to see the monthly donation amount anyway ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I couldn't care less if they would make millions by having this donation button, but I think it would nice to see the monthly donation amount anyway ...

It would be interesting but then you get to the situation where people don't donate because a large amount has already been donated by others, then they have to do drives to encourage donations every time they are in dire need of money, then it sounds like begging which I reckon they don't want to do. Last I saw they would have had over $5000CAD and after that I just stopped because simply WOW, shows how much everyone here supports LMG.

The main reason we removed the viewability of other First Blood badge holders is that we didn't want it to turn into an ego measuring contest for "who has one and who doesn't" and it felt like having a centralized list would increase the risk of FB members turning into a clique or something.

If people really want to know how much support we get during the First Blood campaign, I don't mind updating at the end along with a rough outline of our plan for the money whether it's to use it to buy products that we can't get samples of (a big problem for us right now is we have a limited number of manufacturers that seed us with stuff so our content can get unbalanced that way in the long term) or to get some new equipment.

I agree. Good move, but I would like to see a total amount donated at the end with a plan on the use of the money.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I'm glad we have to choice to contribute now :) , But I will not soon, after the steam sales I can't afford anything hahahha XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

The main reason we removed the viewability of other First Blood badge holders is that we didn't want it to turn into an ego measuring contest for "who has one and who doesn't" and it felt like having a centralized list would increase the risk of FB members turning into a clique or something.

Ok, this is somewhat understandable ;)

If people really want to know how much support we get during the First Blood campaign, I don't mind updating at the end along with a rough outline of our plan for the money whether it's to use it to buy products that we can't get samples of (a big problem for us right now is we have a limited number of manufacturers that seed us with stuff so our content can get unbalanced that way in the long term) or to get some new equipment.

You could just publish monthly how much people donated and rough plans on what you gonna do with that money.

Otherwise this might be my first and only donation :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Are the badges given automatically or manually after donating?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

tbh i was rather surprised that we could view that at all. regardless of how much money any particular promotion generates, you are running a business, and the only way to stay in business is to make money. if the majority of your subscribers are running ad-block, therefore reducing how much money you make and ultimately threatening your business, then you have to be creative, this donation system is a very good idea, as most of us geeks/techies/etc have a certain passion for this field and have learned a lot by watching your videos etc. (whether the actual item interests us or not!) all that i ask , as a viewer, and a donor, is that you appreciate every $ as much as we appreciate your content, 

Do you have somthing else then paypal?

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

How long are the badges available until? The end of August? The end of September?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)