Thoughts on Razer Kraken Pro headset

Ahsan041

NOPE

I bought one as a wee little 12 year old, pretty much because its a Razer product. I regret it every day. I never considered the options, and really wish I would've.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

As someone who owned it: stay the hell away from it.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

H   yp e r  X '  s Clo  u d s  II.  Enough sai d. :D

(I never used the Krakens so ignore me.)

EDIT: Why's my text so fucked up?

99 Kid. Yes. A 'Youngster'.

World famous Couchpotatoe.

What about the Logitech G930?

Headsets like that are a waste of money in my opinion, but Logitech's headsets aren't as bad as Razer's. I used to have a G230 and it got a thumbs up from me - but it was just okay.

As others have suggested, HyperX's Cloud headsets are very good for the money as well, and I can also attest to that. The mics on them are just garbage.

Headsets like that are a waste of money in my opinion, but Logitech's headsets aren't as bad as Razer's. I used to have a G230 and it got a thumbs up from me - but it was just okay.

As others have suggested, HyperX's Cloud headsets are very good for the money as well, and I can also attest to that. The mics on them are just garbage.

Yup. I replaced my mic with a $5 zalman clip- on works like a dream.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yup. I replaced my mic with a $5 zalman clip- on works like a dream.

Did the same, ha.

Did the same, ha.

To be fair I have the ones not the twos and I got mine for $14 because the mic was broken by the previous owners cat..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

To be fair I have the ones not the twos and I got mine for $14 because the mic was broken by the previous owners cat..

I have the 1's too, but the new one sounds the same more or less.

Still not a fan of the quality at all.

Spend more for something that won't be any better than the Takstar Pro80? NOPE

If between the M40 and M50, sure, save the extra money and get the M40, but it's still overspending.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Spend more for something that won't be any better than the Takstar Pro80? NOPE

If between the M40 and M50, sure, save the extra money and get the M40, but it's still overspending.

^ FAN BOY YEP 

https://tinyurl.com/o6worow

The Takstar looks like razer built them with their shit plastic lol, audio technica, sennheiser, shure are the best audio companies in the world for audio and so whether you are saying cheaper is better is out of the point because I doubt I could wear those trakstar headphones for at-least 8 hours+.

I will leave this here: http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444865286&sr=8-1&keywords=audio-technica+ath-m40x

Also this here: http://www.modmic.com/

prepare for incoming hate from linus fan boys.  :D  B)

Far from being a fanboy, I like AudioTechnica's product, it's just that the M40/M50 are overpriced for what you get when you can get more for half the price. In fact, I probably have more experience in the audio field than yourself considering your post there. Glad you left out the 50+ other top companies in the world while you were at it. This only looks like you showing up as the AT fanboy here, I assume because you own a pair.

The Takstar looks like razer built them with their shit plastic lol, audio technica, sennheiser, shure are the best audio companies in the world for audio. so whether you are saying cheaper is better is out of the point because I doubt I could wear those trakstar headphones for at-least 8 hours+. 

lol alright fine, we will disregard the Takstar Pro80 despite it's proven track record and history, another in the same price range, Creative Aurvana Live!, clones of the famed and beloved Denon D1001K, and a better buy than both the M40 and M50 at less than half the cost of either and famed by the audiophile community.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I won't call myself an audiophile,  I would like to own a pair of audio technical. 

I want to do the same. I was thinking of the m50x. What is the difference between m40x and m50x? If the difference is not significant, I will likely get the m40x for the lower price.

I won't call myself an audiophile,  I would like to own a pair of audio technical. 

I want to do the same. I was thinking of the m50x. What is the difference between m40x and m50x? If the difference is not significant, I will likely get the m40x for the lower price.

The differenceisn't significant.

Just get the M40X if you are dead-set on those 2 alone. The difference is simply not significant enough for the jump in price.

M40x sounds more natural so if you're going to listening to your own voice the m40x would be better then the m50x. The m50x has a little more in the highs if I remember correctly but they're both great headphones. If you really got into them you could also get a preamp for them in the future and it would just overall change the quality depending on what you have for taste.

M40x sounds more natural so if you're going to listening to your own voice the m40x would be better then the m50x. The m50x has a little more in the highs if I remember correctly but they're both great headphones. If you really got into them you could also get a preamp for them in the future and it would just overall change the quality depending on what you have for taste.

Preamp?