Thoughts on gun control?

CalebTheEternal

This is not aimed at the OP as he is just asking for information and thoughts about gun control in general but aimed at the uninformed and misinformed.

Just to put into perspective here some of the arguments. No matter what, if say all guns where removed/banned/destroyed this will not reduce the amount of crime that exists it only removes that particular method of killings. Guns are the issue (as I have stated before in one of my other posts) currently only because they are readily available. If guns were not available such as they are we would be arguing about something else.

As mentioned in the video, by that thinking there is no point trying to combat drugs or fighting cancer because we can't prevent 100% of deaths from cancer or stop 100% of people becoming addicted to substances then we shouldn't bother? If you put into Google "kid shoots parent" you'll get a number of cases whereby if a firearm was not readily available to a child then someone wouldn't have been killed.

February 2015, New Mexico - a 3 year old boy shot his father and the bullet hit his pregnant mother. The bullet was accidentally discharged from a handgun in the mothers purse when he was looking for an iPod.

April 2015, Florida - A 14 year old boy who found a handgun in a dresser draw killed a friend when the firearm was discharged by accident.

December 2014, Idaho - A mother in Walmart died after her 2 year old son who was reaching into her handbag, accidentally discharged the weapon and thus killing his mother.

Notice that all the points I've raised are based on accidental deaths? Sure, restricting the sales of weapons won't stop mass shootings and mass murder entirely however it can do quite a bit to curve that - look at Australia. Earlier this year a man took a number of people hostage with either a bolt action or lever action weapon in Sydney and I think it two or three people died.

What correct procedures can really do is prevent these accidental deaths - not leaving firearms around the home or in handbags means that you can't have a child kill or injure someone accidentally. Sure you could show proper weapon discipline to a 14 year old boy in that circumstance however you can't really teach a 2 year old how to handle a firearm.

Yes, depends on the law.  I don't think the founding fathers imagined an AK47 or an M16 when they wrote it.  They wrote it about what they had not what we had.  I do think the first needs more clarification though since modern people don't understand how it works.

the founding fathers didnt take into account the evovling technology true.  but the 2nd amendment wasnt about the tech.  it was about the prevention of government turning against its own people and giving its people to fundamental ability to protect oneself from government.

and the point of someone from a different country saying what works in their country wont work in different countries. we are different.

the problem isnt a gun, its the person. so who gets to decide what is wrong with that person? whats mentality is acceptable to be among the general popualtion.

No, I don't believe in gun control. Not what is being spewed out by Democrats (with the rest of their garbage). They already teach safety at gun ranges as well and yes, I think it should be required to lock your gun away—at least if there are children in the house. Some people like to sleep with their guns out of fear, and in some of the places I have lived, that is pretty much necessary.

Just look at states that incorporated stricter gun laws. They aren't any safer. In fact, their "gun violence" has increased. The problem with "gun violence" is that no one is making sure our current laws and regulations are being followed and strictly met.

I agree with this saying..
"If guns kill people, I guess pencils miss spell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat"

Now I know who to blame for my words coming out backwards.

No other country feels the need to do this, except america and its paranoia of the government

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/constitutional-right-to-bear-arms-found-in-only-three-nations-rest-of-world-smothered-in-tyranny-apparently-6749663

"CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS FOUND IN ONLY THREE NATIONS -- REST OF WORLD SMOTHERED IN TYRANNY, APPARENTLY"

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” 
— Mao Tze Tung

Many others have voiced their concerns with armed citizens (Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin etc etc), and rightly so, because an armed citizen can't be made into a slave so easily. Can you say that still when you recall the twenty million dissidents the Soviet Union rounded up (disarmed mind you) and exterminated? China, Cambodia and Uganda incidents also come to mind, where unarmed citizens (by harsh and strict gun laws) were brought together by the millions and then exterminated like rodents. Do you think that would have been so bad if the citizens had the ability to fight back? No, it wouldn't have.

So I'm sorry, but if a country doesn't fear their government or leading power (especially when they are interested in taking more of your ability to fight away), we aren't the insane ones, they are. Our government has done it before, too, so it isn't really insane nor paranoia. Look up what they did to the Native Americans, particularly the incidents revolving around the Sioux.

Wanting to be able to protect ourselves and our country and rights against our government isn't insane or fueled by paranoia—but by fact, reality and knowledge of the past.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm fine with gun control, but only if the police and military have theirs taken away too. Gun control has to be absolute and apply to literally everyone, not just the common man.

SNIP

I agree with this, if there were less guns around, it would be harder for people who are not criminals/terrorist to get a hold of guns

Ie kid shooting up a school, a kid accidental killing their friend, and angry wife/husband shooting their partner, someone mentally unstable grabbing a gun and killing their family

It would not stop mass criminals, but it would still save MANY lives

the problem is, the mentality in america is that "because criminals can get guns, I should carry a gun for protection" which while understandable, is also crazy at the same time

the answer to "they have guns" is "we should have more guns" - its a vicious circle

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

I would like to point out that the U.K. has 3 times as much crime per capita as the U.S. despite almost all firearms being banned.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

The first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

I would like to point out that the U.K. has 3 times as much crime per capita as the U.S. despite almost all firearms being banned.

lol, what does that have to do with anything?  ...not saying your stats are correct or anything.

The idea that crime magically goes down once guns are gone is disproven.

Guns go away, and the dumber people in the society will have a harder time getting their hands on one.  It is a crime to throw gum on the street as well.  Crime does not equal gun violence.

...before anyone tries to cite some bullshit stat that tries to deny the above statement, my answer to the incoming study is:  BULLSHIT.

Guns go away, and the dumber people in the society will have a harder time getting their hands on one.

...before anyone tries to site some bullshit stat that tries to deny the above statement, my answer to the incoming study is BULLSHIT.

Cities that have effectively banned firearms yet have some of the highest crime rates in the U.S.: Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Guns go away, and the dumber people in the society will have a harder time getting their hands on one.  It is a crime to throw gum on the street as well.  Crime does not equal gun violence.

...before anyone tries to cite some bullshit stat that tries to deny the above statement, my answer to the incoming study is:  BULLSHIT.

Cities that have effectively banned firearms yet have some of the highest crime rates in the U.S.: Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles.

ok.

...before anyone tries to cite some actual facts, my answer is to stick my head in the sand.

FTFY

FTFY

This republican rhetoric in the USA, reminds me of these Pakleds from TNG:

I find it partly amusing (after my level of anger overloads my emotional center) to listen to the amount of shear ignorance prancing about as justified logic.  How do people disregard the level of shit that comes out of political systems in today's world (and sorry, Republicans are leading the charge)?

Oh, and BTW FYI...

I am not against gun ownership.

-snip-

Nice maymay, how about you actually present facts to back up your argument instead of memeing about the "evil" Republicans? 

Nice strawman, how about you actually present facts to back up your argument instead of memeing about the "evil" Republicans? 

Nah, just a joke... not willing to argue with you...

Maybe you are a bit slow.  :(

Nah, just a joke... not willing to argue with you...

Maybe you are a bit slow.  :(

>says to stop memeing

>thinks I don't know it's a joke

k. 

>says to stop memeing

>thinks I don't know it's a joke

k. 

I did not post, nor refer to, any meme at all.

Nice strawman, how about you actually present facts to back up your argument instead of memeing about the "evil" Republicans? 

I was talking about myself lad  :blink:

Maybe you're a bit slow.  :(

Holy shit!  You win.  I am completely lost now.

Refuse to even look at evidence/proof? What an effective way to debate and prove your point....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

There should be more gun control, don't let criminals, mentally ill , under aged people have guns

^this. Don't restrict sensible people from having guns for legitimate purposes

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

lol, what does that have to do with anything?  ...not saying your stats are correct or anything.

Both of these are completely true, and @stconquest it has to do with people say it will stop violent crimes, but then they don't explain why places like Europe or cities in the US that have the more strict gun law have more crime.

I'm fine with gun control, but only if the police and military have theirs taken away too. Gun control has to be absolute and apply to literally everyone, not just the common man.

It can take upwards of 10 minutes for them to respond to crimes though, and how is the government supposed to take away all of our guns? And how would they pay us back for all of the money we have spent on these guns? Just wondering.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg