UltraWide Festival 2015

#UltraWideFestival #UltraWide #DreamSetup

Hello everyone, I already published and tweeted my video to Linus yesterday/two days ago (time zones, always screwing dates up), but since the forum was down when I did and since tweeting was enough to participate to the contest I didn't post the video to the forum straight away when it came back up again.

And now that I have clarified why am I posting after the deadline (short version, because I already did it before the deadline on twitter) here's my video!

But as you can hear this video uses copyrighted music tracks, for this reason I have placed in the video's description a link to a second version of the video without those music tracks.

Finally, I just wanted to say that I actually had this concept in my head for a long while, but only decided to realize it when I heard of this contest.
Also, regardless of how this contest will end for me, I'm planning on doing a longer version of the video eventually, I'm currently moving abroad so I hadn't access to all my equipment during the realization of this video (example: I didn't have my cosplay costume with me, had to improvise one).
Therefore I'll be glad if any of you could share his feedback on my work since I'm still trying to "find my voice" on youtube, thank you all in advance.

Due to technical difficulties with rendering,

unfortunately we were not able to get it up on youtube. 

Please enjoy :)

@LinusTech

@nicklmg ... Your dates don't align with the dates on lg's site ... I followed those because those are more official .

@nicklmg ... Your dates don't align with the dates on lg's site ... I followed those because those are more official .

no one tells @nicklmg how to make dates. @nicklmg does what he wants

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Hello!

This is my entry:

P.S. Please, stop to point out the application deadline. Here is the official Festival outline: http://www.ultrawidefestival.com/about.html

Why saying 25 instead 27?

Some people work even saturdays

This is REALLY dumb

I was not even considering to apply already

Mr.linus pls allow me to upload my video I'm begging you.Yours says that it will end at sep 27th but now it says u cant upload

​please let me to upload my video for the contest please 

please let me to upload my video for the contest please

wow, nice stopmotion, too bad it's over 30sec

I'm not very good at editing and stuff but i'm tryint to get it under 30 secs and repost it before the deadline.

The forum was down so I wasn't able to upload until now.

This is my entry for the ultrawide Festival giveway!

just posting here so everyone could check it out, as i already submitted on site and linked linus on twitter :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4AJJ4SHmw

PC SPECS:

CPU: I7-3930K
Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth
RAM: something 8x2 16gb
GPU: EVGA gtx 670 4fb
Case: thermaltake overseer rx-1
Storage: Intel 730 series 480 gb ssd
PSU: Coolermaster Silent pro hybrid 850w
Monitor: Benq XL2441Z

Hey Linus, if you are reading this, I just got back from a family vacation today, and happened to stumble across your Ultrawide festival video on youtube, I went online and saw the application page was still opened for entries, so I tried to make a video as fast as I could as the deadline was today (27/09/15). When I finished my video, the application page closed and I almost cried. Anyways I will still attach my video here, I would really appreciate it if you would even consider watching it. Thanks

Side note: My motherboard actually died while I was filming :(

I made a second video for the Ultrawide Festival, for linus. I know it is late, so I am posting it for you people of the forum to watch it and critique it.

I made it while I was with my family at the countryside and edited it as fast as possible when I arrived. However, the entry period was closed :'(.

And I hope the LMG team also counts it for the competition, but hey... It is here so the forum itself can watch it.

And for anyone wondering, this is my first entry:

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

Hey Linus, if you are reading this, I just got back from a family vacation today, and happened to stumble across your Ultrawide festival video on youtube, I went online and saw the application page was still opened for entries, so I tried to make a video as fast as I could as the deadline was today (27/09/15). When I finished my video, the application page closed and I almost cried. Anyways I will still attach my video here, I would really appreciate it if you would even consider watching it. Thanks

Side note: My motherboard actually died while I was filming :(

You killed an X99 motherboard making your video?? :(

Hey I know I'm late but there has been a bug while exporting my video so even though my video won't be reviewed, I wanted to post it just for fun!

Here it is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O_p6ul4swgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Hello! This is my entry. LG's website stated that the competition closed 9/27/2015! Please consider my entry, it took a lot of effort :(  I'm a college student at FIU studying Computer science and I love the tech culture and everything about it! Please consider my entry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrJGeCS6Hg

The Ultrawide Festival Page seems to have updated early, or at least they weren't clear about anything.  So here's my submission, I'm going to email them as well.
The video is under my gf's account, since she did the editing for the video, but it's a shared idea :P

You killed an X99 motherboard making your video?? :(

Well, when I got back and I turned it on, nothing came up, but I decided to make a video anyways. After I finished filming, I took it to a store tested it with other spare parts and it turns out that my motherboard died. (only 6 months old)

Reference: MSI x99S SLI KRAIT Edition