Intel Core i7 6700K & Core i5 6600K (Pre-roll landing page)

Got my I7 replacement since i had a Z77 motherboard in the box for my I7 2600K overclock but éh it didnt boot for whatever reason than i saw 6th gen skylake came out bam trows money... soo thats the story i got a I7 6700K micro-atx Asus maximus VIII gene mobo some Hyper X DDR4 16gb kit because yeah Hyper x black memory is sexy oh and cooling H100I GTX

Really disappointed you guys made such a short video. I mean I know that it's a pretty meh improvement but comon. You guys already massively missed the early release cycle for reviews, why not go balls deep in yours?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Is it just me or do the boxes remind you of tie-dye 2001 shirts everyone used to wear? :lol:

Shirts like this:

Tie-Dye-shirts-5-450x436_zpszutl39j1.jpg

Thanks!

Chris R.

Where's the video review? And if it's on Vessel, didn't you guys say that major releases wouldn't be Vessel-exclusive?..

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

Where's the video review? And if it's on Vessel, didn't you guys say that major releases wouldn't be Vessel-exclusive?..

The review was put on vessel on Monday, so it won't be on Youtube until this coming Monday, the 24th.

The review was put on vessel on Monday, so it won't be on Youtube until this coming Monday, the 24th.

And since when did they start doing the exclusivity thing for major product releases?... Didn't Linus say during one of the WAN shows that they weren't going to do that?..

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

And since when did they start doing the exclusivity thing for major product releases?... Didn't Linus say during one of the WAN shows that they weren't going to do that?..

I'm not sure about that. I actually thought they were putting everything on vessel before youtube, but I don't always pay attention, soooo. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

for almost 2 weeks of waiting...I just received my cpu this morning....

CPU: Core i7-6700k | MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro | Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 2400MHZ 16GB (8GBX2) | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 TwinFrozr V SLI |
Case: 
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Storage: SSD: 120gb HDD:4tb | PSU: Rosewill LIGHTNING 1300W | Cooling: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition | Mouse: Razer Ouroboros | SoundCard: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Monitor: Samsung 27" S27D360

• 3 months later...

I like the boxes

17/10.

25$ more than the 4690K and no cooler?

I guess they invested that into the boxes!

(Or they just want more profit)

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

• 2 weeks later...

My new PC is rocking an i7-6700K B|

Totally don't mind that there isn't a cooler. Aftermarket coolers provide inexpensive, coolness B|. Pun intended.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:17 AM, thebinderclip_ said:

too bad the 6600k is super pricey

I have one. You mean the i7-6700K, 60$ over MSRP?

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....