MSI Unleashes the X99A GODLIKE Gaming Motherboard

X1XNobleX1X

MSI Unleashes the X99A GODLIKE Gaming Motherboard

MSI, world leading in motherboard technology, announces the most powerful X99 gaming solution, the X99A GODLIKE GAMING motherboard. Featuring Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro, Turbo M.2 connectivity, 2X Faster USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C and a whole new gaming oriented LED feature, MYSTIC LIGHT, the X99A GODLIKE GAMING is the most powerful motherboard to serve you in battle.

The X99A GODLIKE GAMING is world's first RGB LED motherboard, supporting more than 2000 colors and many style presets such as breathing, flashing and waving. Make your build look on fire or cold as ice. You are in control. Simply select any of the colors from the palette to suit the systems' design. Just change it to another one using the easy to use Mystic Light APP available on PC, phone and tablet, and make your PC look & feel brand new! With 2048 different colors and 7 different LED modes, the Mystic Light provides infinite possibilities for gamers to personalize their gaming rig.

08052615760l.jpg

DoubleShot-X3 PRO, team up latest Killer 1535 Wi-Fi with Dual-LAN
Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro allows the 2x killer Ethernet connectors and the Killer 1535 Wi-Fi adapter to work together for the ultimate high speed lan solution. The Killer Network Manager decides which apps runs on which connection for gaming traffic optimization. This will give you the max throughput as high as 2.867 Gbps. In addition, the latest Killer 1535 Wi-Fi AC provides a significant technology for gamers, the ExtremeRange Technology. The ExtremeRange Technology includes Transmit Beamforming, MU-MIMO Support and External Amplifiers and benefits gamers 2.4x of networking stability and 25% more of wireless performance. With the latest Killer 1535 Wi-Fi AC, gamers could take advantage of the various network usages in both gaming and streaming.

Heavenly sound with Audio Boost 3 PRO
Enjoy the best and purest sound through Audio Boost 3 PRO. New Audio Boost 3 PRO comes with a luxurious Hi-Fi ESS 9018K2M DAC, delivering studio-grade audio quality, onboard! This high-end dedicated onboard sound card delivers 120dB SNR 192 kHz/32-bit of purest sound quality via a dedicated 6.3mm stereo headphone out. Audio Boost 3 PRO makes sure you dominate the battlefield through crystal clear sound and pin-point precision.

With Nahimic, enjoy sound that pushes the limits of reality
At the very cutting edge of innovation, Nahimic sound technology has been approved for its quality and precision in projects undertaken by the militaryfield, and also the aeronautics industry. Now, they are looking to make some serious noise in the world of gaming by becoming the next piece of your lethal arsenal. Nahimic places your user experience right at the heart of their software, offering you highly sought-after gaming benefits: Virtual Sound, Voice Leveler, Bass Boost, Noise Gate & Reduction and HD Audio Recorder. Lastly, Nahimic is unveiling their HD Audio Recorder for the very first time: this function will enable you to enjoy studio quality sound to immortalize your streamed games - all in one click.

08052704372l.jpg  08052704329l.jpg  

Take advantage from next-gen storage solutions
Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely fast loading of applications and games with MSI GAMING motherboards. Since SATA-Express is dead because there are still no devices on the market, MSI offers a whole new generation of high speed storage support through Turbo M.2, Turbo U.2 and 2X FASTER USB 3.1. Turbo M.2 transfers data through a PCI Express 3.0 x4 interface up to 32 Gb/s, making it 5x faster than SATA 3.0 solutions. With a Turbo U.2 Host Card which fits in a M.2 slot, the X99A GODLIKE GAMING also supports the latest and greatest high performance SSDs such as the new Intel 750 series. With support for NVMe, data transfer speeds have never been faster. As a result of innovative engineering the X99A GODLIKE GAMING motherboard also offers both USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C interface for the most convenient and fast mobile storage solutions.

Designed for overclocking with patented Turbo Socket
With a rich history of breaking world records inherited from MSI's legendary Overclocking motherboards and the presence of unique OC features, the X99A GODLIKE GAMING has OC running through its veins. The patented Turbo Socket is one of the features that removes all limits by providing extra pins (2036 in total) for better overclocking of the Intel extreme processors. Turbo Socket allows for higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking.

Source:http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/msi_unleashes_the_x99a_godlike_gaming_motherboard/1

I'm not sure how I feel about the appearance of the motherboard, It looks too bulky for my liking. Though I do like the PCI express slots, that have also been seen in the Gigabyte 1151 motherboards. And don't forget those customizable RGB LEDs.

Also, couldn't MSI pick a better name than "Godlike"?

Repost: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380997-msi-x99a-the-godlike-bling-board/

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

OH. MY. GOD. IT'S. SO. BEAUTIFUL. AND. SHINY. O.o

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Dat box art tho

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Umm...Yeah....Didn't they do this a few weeks ago?

Just double checked if it had been posted, and someone did post it awhile ago. Not sure why I didn't see it the first time.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Just double checked if it had been posted, posted ages ago.

Sorry, remembered a few youtube videos (I think tek syndicate) on this motherboard. Best selling point was those reinforced PCIe lanes, with graphics cards becoming bulkier, and heavier, I can see that becoming important.

B-b-b-b-bbbut... it's red

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

B-b-b-b-bbbut... it's red

Yes, the colour makes the PC 'go faster'. :)

RGB on everything. Why don't we have RGB underwears yet?

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

It would look better with white/gray/matte silver and an RGB LED option...

Loving the PCIe bling. I can't say I've ever seen metal plating on PCIe slots before. My only complaint is that it says "Godlike" in big dumb letters on the side, the code name itself is cringe-worthy, but to have it plastered on the board in huge letters is a major turn off. It makes the whole board feel very gamer-esque rather than enthusiast. It's the type of code name you'd expect of a cheap Razer product.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

still waiting for a e-atx x99 mobo

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Meh. No need for RGB on a board with LOTS of red highlights.

The box art is really nice though :) Something I haven't seen for a while.

*MSI Headquarters*

Worker: Hey man, have you heard that the new motherboard we're releasing is RGB?

Co-Worker: What?!?!

Worker: Yeah, it's fully RGB with LEDs located throughout the board, pretty cool huh?

Co-Worker: Can you show me a picture of it?

Worker: *Pulls up image of board*

Co-Worker: Wait...It's mainly red.

Worker: Oh yeah...

CEO: *Walks in*

HEY! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING OUT OF YOUR DESKS?!?

Both: Just discussing the new board we're releasing.

CEO: The X99 GODLIKE?

Both: Yeah.

Co-Worker: Oh and about that...Why is it RGB if it's a mainly red board?

CEO: *Long stare*

Because. We. Can...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

its looks so good until you get to the massive text GODLIKE, then its sandpaper time

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Loving the PCIe bling. I can't say I've ever seen metal plating on PCIe slots before. My only complaint is that it says "Godlike" in big dumb letters on the side, the code name itself is cringe-worthy, but to have it plastered on the board in huge letters is a major turn off. It makes the whole board feel very gamer-esque rather than enthusiast. It's the type of code name you'd expect of a cheap Razer product.

It isn't bling. It's metal plates reinforcing the PCIe lanes.

its looks so good until you get to the massive text GODLIKE, then its sandpaper time

it's on black, you can probably find a ductape with the same colour and shiny-ness, although it would be a bit ghetto for a board like that

still waiting for a e-atx x99 mobo

Um. ASUS X99 Rampage V? EVGA FTW x99?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

oh for fucks sake

fucking leds

Um. ASUS X99 Rampage V? EVGA FTW x99?

Or mine almost from release. x99E-WS....No don't buy that, I like being the only person on the forum with one.

It isn't bling. It's metal plates reinforcing the PCIe lanes.

GIF-are-you-sure-bitch-please-bug-eyes-d

Sure it is buddy, sure it is. Because PCIe lanes are so notorious for crumbling under the insurmountable weight of expansion cards that it absolutely needs to be reinforced. Its definitely not just shiny metal bits slapped on for aesthetic reasons. And I heard that RGB lighting gives you extra gigglehertz too.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

GIF-are-you-sure-bitch-please-bug-eyes-d

Sure it is buddy, sure it is. Because PCIe lanes are so notorious for crumbling under the insurmountable weight of expansion cards that it absolutely needs to be reinforced. Its definitely not just shiny metal bits slapped on for aesthetic reasons. And I heard that RGB lighting gives you extra gigglehertz too.

Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. with graphics cards getting heavier, I can see it being an issue.

I'm just saying, this is what MSi is billing it as.

That is indeed godlike

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi