Post your Good Ghetto mods

You are using an USB to PCI-E adapter for a RAID card? Don't you slow down the drives heavily?

Here is my passive (more or less ghetto) cooling mod:

attachicon.gifAsus GTX970 Strix mod.jpg

Its a PCIE extension.  It used the USB 3.0 cable to extend the PCIE 1x with out the need of emi shielding.  Coin Miners use it a ton. I get 1.5GB read and 1GB wright on 4x PCIE.  I get 1GB read and 800MB write with 1x.   Not that big of a hit.  Every thing els in my pc will be a bodle neck when it comes to moving files to any other media. 

Mistakenly bought a 3 pin fan instead of a 2 pin fan to replace my PSU's dying fan. Didn't feel like buying an adapter or stripping the cable so I made this simple ghetto mod and connected the fan to the case's fan controller. Now I can even lower the fan speed down.. yey.

ciJpq75.jpgZT3zEmH.jpg

Looks and sounds shmexy :)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Ya....you probably should have just gotten a new psu altogether. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Ya....you probably should have just gotten a new psu altogether. 

PSU looks dodgy, but oh well.

Damn it people , not everyone has $50+ lying around

Looks great.

Looks great.

People don't have a few hundred bucks laying around for a new system when that one blows up because of the PSU blowing up.

People don't have a few hundred bucks laying around for a new system when that one blows up because of the PSU blowing up.

My thoughts exactly. The quality of it is scary just looking at it. And on top of that you are telling me it's so old the fan inside is dying? Sounds like a time bomb.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

My thoughts exactly. The quality of it is scary just looking at it. And on top of that you are telling me it's so old the fan inside is dying? Sounds like a time bomb.

Tick tock tick tock 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I had a dodgy power supply before then I knew the problems it could give so I saved to buy my PC a Seasonic. It will all be worth it in the long run.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

-snip-

Seems like kind of a waste of resources....sharing only 16 lanes with 3 graphics cards and 1 RAID card?? Some of your cards will be running at 4x if you are running AMD...that's really bottlenecked.

Also, your top card needs some support, it looks warped.

Seems like kind of a waste of resources....sharing only 16 lanes with 3 graphics cards and 1 RAID card?? Some of your cards will be running at 4x if you are running AMD...that's really bottlenecked.

Also, your top card needs some support, it looks warped.

First 2 are running at 8x and the last one is running at 1x along with the raid card.  The last card only runs PhysX and Folding at home. Nether of those will need more than 1x.  The raid card is for storage not running the OS off of it. The OS is running off the Intel chipset in Riad 0 with 6 SSD's ( Yes I know they nightlight back up to the raid card and then to my google drive)

Have been using this powersupply for 5 years now... currently running an old 1055t overclocked and a 290x. Hope it serves me well until I get some money and buy a more decent one.

Looks great.

That is my exact situation :P

Let's make a thread about the getoist (is that even a word) things you have done tech related anything with tech being part of it works.

My getoist thing is once I wanted to buy a Bose speaker (for a gift) that cost 320$ and obviously I did not want to pay for the full price. So I asked if there was any discounts or if I could match the price , and there was nothing. Until one nice employee showed me that he could buy it for 180$ because he was a employee, and so I asked if I could buy it from him (outside the store) for 200$ and he said yes. So at 10:30pm I meet him in a gas station (just like a drug deal) and I gave him the cash and he gave me the speakers then we walked opposite ways to our cars and drove away

I had some passive speakers laying around and I connected them to my 2.1 system sub. So I had 2x2.1. Wasn't the best experience, but was definitely louder.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Let's make a thread about the getoist (is that even a word) things you have done tech related anything with tech being part of it works.

I once mounted a set of Noctua coolers to two Xeons in my mega workstation build. The mounting hardware was wrong, so I just mounted them with zip-ties. - Linus

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Fixing my S3's audio plug with tape.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I think the words you are looking for are "Ghetto" and "Most Ghetto"

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Well, I made an Intake fan filter using our old curtain and some duct tape on my old PC and a budget-wise decksaver for my dj controller using some illustration board, plastic cover and again, some duct tape.

Yeah. I'm a fan of Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage. lol.

post-165916-0-97236300-1435333663.jpg

post-165916-0-16397600-1435333828_thumb.

It doesn't matter how fast you run, there are some demons you just can't escape...