Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkBlade2117

How to / Can you overclock a CPU On a Ipad?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Pretty much what the title says. Never knew if it was possible or not.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GS Ram: 1x8 2400MHz Corsair LPX, 1x8 Avexir Core Series (blue LED) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150 Future Upgrades: 2x 34" 1440p IPS Curved 21:9 Ultrawides and a 27" 1440p IPS Freesync/Gsync 120-144Hz panel

Maybe if you jailbreak, but not out of the box.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Maybe with jailbreaking, but definitely not happening out-of-the-box and it's difficult. 

LTT's OFFICIAL ASIAN NEW YORKER!

Maybe if you jailbreak, but not out of the box.

This, but chances are any overclock will break it or significantly reduce lifespan. AKA don't do it :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Pretty much what the title says. Never knew if it was possible or not.

>Apple product

LOL nope.  On Android it's possible though.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop (haven't named it yet)

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.9GHz  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Display: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Im on a Ipad 2 ( which I got for free when I signed up for dish 2ish years ago ) Ipad 2 runs Kindda slow now compared to some mobile games coming out.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GS Ram: 1x8 2400MHz Corsair LPX, 1x8 Avexir Core Series (blue LED) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150 Future Upgrades: 2x 34" 1440p IPS Curved 21:9 Ultrawides and a 27" 1440p IPS Freesync/Gsync 120-144Hz panel

Why the heck would you wanna Oc an iPad. Funniest thing I've ever heard

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 120GB 840 EVO, Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB, 2TB WD External/4TB WD external, Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Either Windows 10 or Server 12

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Why the heck would you wanna Oc an iPad. Funniest thing I've ever heard

Overclocking any passively cooled device is a bad idea.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Overclocking any passively cooled device is a bad idea.

Maybe o bought the new and improved liquid cooled one for an extra $800 (Insert Kappa Face Here"

I've never heard of overclocking the device while it is jailbroken. 

It isn't really necessary for the iPad. Thing is smooth as butter. A tool called iOverclock just stops the device from underclocking. 

Intel Core i7 5820K | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS RVE | Trident Z 3200MHz 4x4GB | GTX 980 K|NGP|N 2-Way SLi

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Black 32GB | Exynos 8890 Octa | SanDisk Ultra 200GB SDXC

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Valley | Superposition