Anti-Joke: What is the difference between a duck?

A friend of mine told this joke:

What is the difference between a duck?

Answer: Two legs are the same

Yes, i know this is an anti-joke but I still don't get why it's so funny to people who get it.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN?????????????

Dell Inspiron 7520 15R: Cpu: Intel Core i7 3612QM @2.10Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ, Storage: 1TB 5400RPM HDD, Os: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit EP1;

Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook: Cpu: Intel Celeron N2930 @1.83Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3L 1333MHZ, Storage: 16GB eMMC, Os: Google Chrome Os;

That question doesn't even make sense...

The difference between a duck and what? I don't get it either  <_<

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

between duck and what ? atleast explain your statements properly 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It's kind of an abrupt random non-sequitur that subverts expectation and re-frames an inherently funny looking animal in a way that gets you to look at it as if for the first time?

It's funny in a way that randomly presenting someone with an actual duck mid one of their sentences might be?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I saw that joke in Mad Magazine way back in the 80s.  The context there was better.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I have one similar - Two elephants are walking, one to the left, the other is blue :D

"What is the difference between a duck?"
is already an anti-joke on its own.
it is a parody of "what is the difference ..."-jokes

Q: What's the difference between a blonde and an ironing board?

A: An ironing board's legs are hard to open

And instead of deliverying a right answer to a false question the joke teller goes even further and also fucks up the typical answer.
"One leg is both the same."

______

It is an anti-joke ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Its two legs are the same indeed. Especially the left one.

It's an anti-joke, i know it's not supposed to make sense but I don't get why my friends seem to laugh so much!

And stop asking "the difference between a duck and WHAT"!! That's the joke.

They say that I somehow have to "get it".

Joke has been stuck in my head for one month and still don't get it.

Dell Inspiron 7520 15R: Cpu: Intel Core i7 3612QM @2.10Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ, Storage: 1TB 5400RPM HDD, Os: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit EP1;

Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook: Cpu: Intel Celeron N2930 @1.83Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3L 1333MHZ, Storage: 16GB eMMC, Os: Google Chrome Os;

• 1 year later...

I wrote the "What's the difference between a duck joke/one legs both the same" in 1969 while attending Federal Way High School in Washington State. A bunch of us were sitting around in Journalism class telling crappy puns and stupid joke when I manufactured that one. The intent was to just be nonsensical. I am surprised how far and wide the joke has traveled and the discussions about it i found today on various discussion forums. Maybe I should copyright it, lol.

• 8 months later...
On 4/16/2015 at 6:50 AM, awsomecp173 (Senpai) said:

Yes, i know this is an anti-joke but I still don't get why it's so funny to people who get it.

I have told this joke to hundreds of people to see the reaction I get. People who do not get it and immediately analyze it vs people who immediately gets it and knows it is a stupid joke. I believe their reactions show the difference between creative and analytical thought. Only a few powered both. Their response was to laugh and then add a statement such as, well how far can a duck fly if it left tomorrow

16 hours ago, teacherfood said:

I have told this joke to hundreds of people to see the reaction I get. People who do not get it and immediately analyze it vs people who immediately gets it and knows it is a stupid joke. I believe their reactions show the difference between creative and analytical thought. Only a few powered both. Their response was to laugh and then add a statement such as, well how far can a duck fly if it left tomorrow

this

thread

is

fucking

two

years

old

xBkOp.png

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2015 at 5:50 AM, awsomecp173 (Senpai) said:

Its meant to mess with your head... My grandfather told it to me when i was 6. Im 36 now and im still dumb enough to ponder it every once in a while.

3 minutes ago, Curbside said:

Its meant to mess with your head... My grandfather told it to me when i was 6. Im 36 now and im still dumb enough to ponder it every once in a while.

You've created necro-thread-ception. Seriously.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That's enough of this lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.