Experiences with non-techies

2 years ago we had something very similar at my school before getting Pentium PCs.

The idea is that the server would be the actual powerhouse that does tasks, and it creates virtual desktops and then sends it out to the tiny boxes, so it feels like you have an actual PC

Hey, at least that's actually balanced

Edit: Hey, 2015 posts! The exact same number as of this year!

I'm looking at a 960

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

$950 for that ?! That's worse than Apple and Alienware combined.

Aww-Hell-Naw-Hell-naw-Hell-no-no-no-way-

Yeah...that killed my faith in on-shelf tech.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

So back in High school, a teacher bought a wireless mouse and didn't know how to set it up. So the teacher in question went to the tech teacher to ask how it was done. The tech teacher was like, "oh just plug in the wireless receiver into the usb port and turn the mouse on," and the teacher got all confused, and asked, "but how does it work without wires?"

Ever since then that teacher has become amazing at tech . . .

WireLESS

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

What do you have to use for video updating?

Movie Maker... 2007

And they paid for a school Photoshop CS6 Package and we barely use it like WTF

WE NEED PREMIERE! I DEMAND ADOBE PREMIERE!

<Insert joke here>

In the small/first car market they're quite common, and that sort of car is a good comparison to a much more expensive sports or enthusiast-type car. This is going quite off topic, but a 1L 3-cylinder is really cheap to insure and to run

Yeah but who the fuck wants economy. Fuck that shit, I need POWER! Jeremy Clarkson...

When your dad gets a piece of paper that looks like a CD in an ad and doesnt believe you saying its just paper so he calls the company asking why they sent him a CD

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Yeah but who the fuck wants economy. Fuck that shit, I need POWER! Jeremy Clarkson...

You can get both with an AltoWorks... 1.0L inline 3 with an intercoler and turbo... (the upcoming Alto Turbo RS is sexy as faq too)

Exactly this. In reference to cars, I don't know any women that has actually opened up her car hood to look at it.

You can thank gender profiling and stereotyping for that :/ I know my mum has though. I'm not sure the extent of her car knowledge, but she does at least know enough to help out if my dad's doing maintenance on it or if she needs to check something (water level, oil levels etc.)

I like being able to afford food.  ;)

But seriously, it's expensive if you're under 25 and getting a first car. I'm looking to be a musician (aka broke  :lol:) and ideally need lots of room to fit keyboards, amps, stands etc. in the car for gigs. The car I'm getting won't manage that. Then again I don't have much gear right now because being broke is fun...

More like $950

Does it dance and sing as well? Lol what a joke.

200.gif

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

More like $950

WHO THE FUCK BUILT THAT TRASH?! I want a link to this thing

Edit: Was it HP?! I'm willing to bet money that it was HP!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Brother, "I wanna join anonymous, so show me how to hack with their tools!" -14 year old

Me, "Hold on I have to install the new AMD driver for ya."  *installs it*

Brother, "Now show me how to hack!"

Me, *brings up the command prompt, and use the ipconfig crap to shut off his ability to connect to the internet without reconfiguring it, so his interent would work."

Brother, "You dick!  I can't go online now!" 

Me, *shrugs and walks away*

Now screaming 14 year old brother, "Why is my computer restarting?!  What did you do? Unhack me plz!"

Do note he's never properly installed a driver in his life...I'm just shaking my head like wtf dumb ass?!  AMD is restarting your computer for the sake of the damn driver.  I didn't tell him though.  xD

I am curious to hear why you brother wants to join annon..... 

I wanna see the link too

He's 14.

I eat script kiddies for breakfast.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

My friends always install sh*ts (cleaning software that actually harms) in my laptop, they're trying to make my laptop slower and make me frustrated (they do this for fun, because I fix my laptop by myself, it makes me stressed out fixing it).

I had no choice, installed Linux to my laptop..... So they can't install sh*t again, they know nothing about Linux. I'll take this as my advantage :3

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

My friends always install sh*ts (cleaning software that actually harms) in my laptop, they're trying to make my laptop slower and make me frustrated (they do this for fun, because I fix my laptop by myself, it makes me stressed out fixing it).

I had no choice, installed Linux to my laptop..... So they can't install sh*t again, they know nothing about Linux. I'll take this as my advantage :3

Never run as root, and they can't do crap. 

Never run as root, and they can't do crap. 

Yeah I know, they're clueless right now.

I think I'll be using Linux from now, but I can boot to Windows :P

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Yeah I know, they're clueless right now.

I think I'll be using Linux from now, but I can boot to Windows :P

You should've gone all the way and made linux look like windows... (for maximum confusion)

You should've gone all the way and made linux look like windows... (for maximum confusion)

lol right, haha  :D

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

I didn't see the brand. It was one of those "all about those looks" computers. Looked amazing but ran terrible.

I wanna see the link too

I hope you guys don't think I'm pulling your leg but I can't find the exact link. It was similar to this except a complete tower (not an AiO) and was called an "Ultimate Gaming Rig": http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-veriton-23-all-in-one-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/9508159.p?id=1219418673707&skuId=9508159

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

I didn't see the brand. It was one of those "all about those looks" computers. Looked amazing but ran terrible.

I hope you guys don't think I'm pulling your leg but I can't find the exact link. It was similar to this except a complete tower (not an AiO) and was called an "Ultimate Gaming Rig": http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-veriton-23-all-in-one-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/9508159.p?id=1219418673707&skuId=9508159

It was a display put together by employees, and I think they set the prices too. Not corporate. As long as the manufacturer gets their share of the profits Best Buy gets to set the price as high as they want with the manufacturer setting the minimum.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you think that was bad, the monitor they had it on display with was an 18" 720p for $200. Not to mention the "mechanical" $50 keyboard and a standard $10 office mouse for the recommended setup. Gaming FTW!!!

Christian 

Rig Specs:

people at my workplace (or any other I guess) that can't make the difference between "reply" and "reply all"

Yesterday an email (to all Canada) was sent about a mandatory formation, we were told to send the link to the result to a specific person in HR, this morning somebody replied to all with his formation result ... sigh

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

You have some dck friends,