Is Battlefield Hardline a separate game?

Shally

Is it a skin of bf4 or the newest game?

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

It's the newest game, and it's fairly bad. It has it's moments but I won't buy it for more than 20 bucks.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

For crying out loud it is separate. 

It's called trying new things. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It's the newest game, and it's fairly bad. It has it's moments but I won't buy it for more than 20 bucks.

Origin sadly doesn't get as good of deals as Steam.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Origin sadly doesn't get as good of deals as Steam.

maybe in a year lol. I don't expect to buy it from origin though. Even gamestop was selling BF4 for 5 dollars a month ago.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

maybe in a year lol. I don't expect to buy it from origin though. Even gamestop was selling BF4 for 5 dollars a month ago.

The last good Battlefield game for me was Battlefield 2. IMO

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

The last good Battlefield game for me was Battlefield 2. IMO

Bad company 2 man, that game was the best battlefield by a mile.

For crying out loud it is separate. 

It's called trying new things. 

I never said anything negative about it, just people on this forums before told me it was a skin.

I never said anything negative about it, just people on this forums before told me it was a skin.

Aimed for said people. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Aimed for said people. 

Ah just felt like it targeted the OP.

If you really think a game thats running on the same engine means it should be DLC then you're broken.

nothing feels like its been reskined, verything is new, every modle is new or heavily modified, Textures seem now, Sounds are new, Physics are new, Netcode is new, Gameplay is new, Maps new too, Everything is new, BFH is new ffs.

1942 Desert Combat Mod is still my favorite...back when it took real skill to fly choppers...the new ones are so easy.

Seperate? YES

Should it be? NO

Worth fucking $60 for almost no effort? NOOOOOO!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Its both. It plays just like bf4. They havent changed much apart from different theme (thieves vs police).

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Seperate? YES

Should it be? NO

Worth fucking $60 for almost no effort? NOOOOOO!

Hey visceral put a lot of effort into the game! Just because it's bad does not mean they didn't try lol.

Someone is playing it, apparently. EA servers have been flaky as hell lately for the rest of their games (instead of just mildly flaky).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It uses same game engine with BF4. But so Cod games have used same engine since CoD4, so figure that. It felt in first beta/alpha that it would be better as expansion rather than own game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

its a new game.

"new"

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Not even worth $60 to me.

Haven't gotten into Battlefield in ages, last BF game I played was Bad Company and I didn't like it. BF shouldn't have a storyline or campaign, it should be a Battlefield experience for offline play (AI conquest like the old days, best bang for buck to me).

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Hey visceral put a lot of effort into the game! Just because it's bad does not mean they didn't try lol.

I didnt say its bad, its a fucking skin over BF4 with very little tweaks :D I dont see what they had been doing for an year with this.........

Bf2>Bfbc2

Guess you never played bf2

And probobly just joined in bf3/bc2

Battlefield 2 is 1000 times better than bfbc2

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bf2>Bfbc2

Guess you never played bf2

And probobly just joined in bf3/bc2

Battlefield 2 is 1000 times better than bfbc2

Not really, and I have played it. Bad company was the first battlefield I really enjoyed. Bad company 2 perfected the formula and bf3 is when it went down hill. Still enjoyed it but it's not even close.

Why is Hardline the arbitrary point at which Battlefield is just a reskin? I think it's at least as different as BF4 was to BF3. And really, haven't they all just been "reskins" of BF2? At least Hardline has some new game modes that they have a prayer of being relatively successful, rather than leaning on Conquest for the last decade and a half.

I'm not too psyched about Hardline myself (mainly due to price point and EA's business model), but I found the gunplay more enjoyable than BF4. I think the progression system is objectively better than BF4.