GTX 760 supposedly the last 700 release this year

Makaseo

It seems like the 750 will take some time, but who cares you can get just as good gpu's from the 600 series.

And the 760ti isn't really a "new" release. And there is no reason what-so-ever to make it just yet, they will basically shoot themselves in the foot.

660ti is basically a 670 so it wouldn't be a good idea for their money.

760TI Will make them loose a lot of m000000neey ^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I believe there won't be any more 700 series at all, since I'm pretty sure the 700 series is nothing but redone 600 series. (other than the 780)

And I am inclined to say that the 800 series will be release next year around Mars-April with an 880 that only beats the 780 by 10-15%. No major upgrades next year for the top of the line, but the 870 will come close in terms of performance to the rest (~30% improvement on the 770)

I know it's way too early to start speculating, but that's what I believe, since Nvidia has only really introduced one card this year, and the others being refreshed 600 series cards.

I believe there won't be any more 700 series at all, since I'm pretty sure the 700 series is nothing but redone 600 series. (other than the 780)

And I am inclined to say that the 800 series will be release next year around Mars-April with an 880 that only beats the 780 by 10-15%. No major upgrades next year for the top of the line, but the 870 will come close in terms of performance to the rest (~30% improvement on the 770)

I know it's way too early to start speculating, but that's what I believe, since Nvidia has only really introduced one card this year, and the others being refreshed 600 series cards.

The 780 is to all intents and purposes a Titan (which is a lower binned K-series workstation card) with some processing functions disabled

The 770 is to all intents and purposes a 680 with higher clocked memory

The 760 is to all intents and purposes a 670

One has to wonder exactly what nVidia has been doing the last two years...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The 780 is to all intents and purposes a Titan (which is a lower binned K-series workstation card) with some processing functions disabled

Getting a shit-ton of cash! :D

So sad tho, everybody does this. Moneywhores, we got Activision and EA who are both moneywhores and are still not doing shit to get better :/ 

They don't do the same but they are all what is know as "Moneywhores". It's ok to get money to pay your employees but DAMN, you do NOT need that kind of money they are getting.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I think they're falling out of the race, especially with the licensing of their architecture, looks like they're going to focus purely on workstation and leave others to develop on their foundation.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I think they're falling out of the race, especially with the licensing of their architecture, looks like they're going to focus purely on workstation and leave others to develop on their foundation.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks for that one!

Nvidia has the strongest grip on the desktop GPU market. They are just finding ways to expand and get more money.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Nvidia has the strongest grip on the desktop GPU market. They are just finding ways to expand and get more money.

I'm talking about gaming GPUs , they're licensing it out :/ they could just sit back not spend money on manufacturing things and still make money? Granted that someone actually developed them.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

actually the gtx 760 is a gtx 660 oem if you look at the core count.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

There really isn't any reason for Nvidia to release low-end 700 series cards since they're just rebrands.  Someone buying a 650-Ti probably doesn't care about having the "newest" series.

Because AMD has been doing so much more?  7970 has been the high end AMD GPU since December 2011...

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

There really isn't any reason for Nvidia to release low-end 700 series cards since they're just rebrands.  Someone buying a 650-Ti probably doesn't care about having the "newest" series.

Because AMD has been doing so much more?  7970 has been the high end AMD GPU since December 2011...

Yet the 7970 Trounced the GTX 680 as soon as drivers were sorted, Look at it now the 7970 trades blows with the GTX 770. Now that Nvidia has a single card that isnt their titan special edition that could not warrant its own price AMD will respond with their new GPU's, if the current Tahiti cards were already putting Nvidia through the wringer then whats the point in them rushing to release another series. Keep in mind that the 7970 came out before the 600 series and it still is a very potent card.

I dont see much hope for a 760ti as it would be a rebadged GTX670, in all honesty it has to pull of a miracle as it would have to come in at a price lower then a 7950 and beat it in performance.

The key is:

The 780 is to all intents and purposes a "cheaper" Titan (which is a lower binned K-series workstation card) with some processing functions disabled
The 770 is to all intents and purposes a "cheaper" 680 with higher clocked memory
The 760 is to all intents and purposes a "cheaper" 670

I was thinking about getting a 670, but now I'll just wait for the release of the 760. It will performe the same and it'll be a lot cheaper.

Yet the 7970 Trounced the GTX 680 as soon as drivers were sorted, Look at it now the 7970 trades blows with the GTX 770. Now that Nvidia has a single card that isnt their titan special edition that could not warrant its own price AMD will respond with their new GPU's, if the current Tahiti cards were already putting Nvidia through the wringer then whats the point in them rushing to release another series. Keep in mind that the 7970 came out before the 600 series and it still is a very potent card.

I dont see much hope for a 760ti as it would be a rebadged GTX670, in all honesty it has to pull of a miracle as it would have to come in at a price lower then a 7950 and beat it in performance.

Yes, the 7970 is awesome, but referring to what Fetzie said, why would Nvidia have to spend the last year coming up with some uber new technology for the 700 series when they could just drop the GK110 bomb?  Better to invest that time working on the new architecture for the 800 series, because obviously AMD's working hard on its 9000 series.

All I'm saying is that Nvidia probably hasn't been sitting on its butt any more than AMD has.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Yes, the 7970 is awesome, but referring to what Fetzie said, why would Nvidia have to spend the last year coming up with some uber new technology for the 700 series when they could just drop the GK110 bomb?  Better to invest that time working on the new architecture for the 800 series, because obviously AMD's working hard on its 9000 series.

All I'm saying is that Nvidia probably hasn't been sitting on its butt any more than AMD has.

Very true, Im really hoping for a die shrink on the 9000 series cards, depending on what they do ill either upgrade to the 9000 (volcanic islands) series or wait for Pirate Islands. I think my 3 7970's (soon to be 4) will have enough grunt for any game till then.

and become a bigger moneywhore  ;)

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I don't recall him saying anything about AMD lol.. Did your inner Nvidia fanboy slip?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Very weird choice but if they price it right (660 at launch or slightly higher price) it could be a really good option for the money. Considering how bad the 770 is in this aspect I doubt it though :(.

I just wish the higher end 700 series prices are driven down...AMD pricing there high end cards at equivalent tiers does nothing to lower costs (even with game bundles, honestly I don't care about getting free games that I wouldn't otherwise pay for)...not to mention the frame-pacing work that Shrout has done at PCPer renders AMD almost irrelevant from a quality/dollar standpoint, also their power efficiency makes my brain hurt...why on earth do they keep relying on higher clock speeds?  I'm no fanboy as I don't own cards from either, but nVidia is the clear and dominant GPU manufacturer, unless your a hardcore gamer who 1) would buy the AMD games no matter what and 2) expect the new drivers to improve the frame-pacing.  None-the-less, it's disappointing to see nVidia regurgitate the same GK104 architecture as if anyone should invest in old technology...makes the choice for GK110-based cards, or [painfully] not buying any new cards, much easier.

I'm interested in a 760 if it's not priced at more than $300 like the 660 tis.  Unfortunately the games I play do better on nvidia otherwise I would go team RED all the way.  Team green prices seem to have only gone up.  Red has gone down.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

To be honest, the 700 series has all been a sign of them being complacent.

The 780 was GK110, the same chip as the Titan. Then they came out with the 770 which just just a GK104 and the 760 which will be another GK104. The same chips used last gen. Nothing truly new.

To me it seems more like they are working on software and efficiency. Maybe they are doing a tick/tock like Intel?

Maybe they are doing a tick/tock like Intel?

Yes of course, look at their history. 200 series (new architecture), no 300 series, 400 series (new architecture), 500 series (shrink/refresh/price reduction), 600 series (new architecture), 700 series (shrink/refresh/price reduction). 800 series will be when there's a new architecture to look forward to. 

Well there is no reason to buy a 750 even if it existed because the performance is as good as integrated graphics. It would also make sense for Nvidia as it would be easier to support less GPU's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow so many... Fruity comments and doom & gloom predictions here.

7XX was never intended to be a full cycle. It is a STOP GAP family of cards, none of which use their newest chip (hell the series uses two different chips)

It's a refresh. Not a generation. Hell, I'm surprised we're even getting a 760, I was sure the 770 would be the last one.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well there is no reason to buy a 750 even if it existed because the performance is as good as integrated graphics. It would also make sense for Nvidia as it would be easier to support less GPU's.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

now that i'm done with that. you do know that only hd5200 is supposed to compete with a nvidia gtx650m (not the full chip). they fail at that anyway. and besides, the only commercially available on the desktop is the hd4600, which is barely a step above current offerings.

and on top of that the 750 would have at least slightly higher clocks than its predecessor.