The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Lots of fedex quests do not a deep game make.

They aren't fedex quests.

Bby pls if you want to start something here give it up, this isn't a place to be elitist about the game.

You're worse than Morrowind fappers :P

Post pics of your characters people, along with class and such info.

No one else going to post pics other than myself?  Reciprocate peoples!  (looks @coolkingler1 awaiting pics of their character)

No one else going to post pics other than myself?  Reciprocate peoples!  (looks @coolkingler1 awaiting pics of their character)

Yeah, people don't seem interested :/

Yeah, people don't seem interested :/

yourself included :(

(unless I've missed you character pics somewhere)

yourself included :(

(unless I've missed you character pics somewhere)

No, but I can't take them, too much struggles with finding the actual pics in Steam. :D

Tried before but failed,

No, but I can't take them, too much struggles with finding the actual pics in Steam. :D

Tried before but failed,

On the chance that you're being serious and not just copping out...printscreen (PrtScn) and find a bmp file in your skyrim folder.  Or right click on skyrim in steam if you're using steams overlay, in which case press F12 for screenshots.

Anyways, my characters got a new outfit and she's also stripped down her entourage (mid-evil spicegirls) and dressed them up to give foes a glimpse of Canaan before they realize they're on the wrong side of Cerberus' gate.

Be warned, mature content & honour system in place

bPpUsAC.jpg

UVRGRBY.jpg

56h4tcG.jpg

n6r6HGS.jpg

C8rlAGu.jpg

Anyone care to take a guess at some of the mods in use, for fun? 

Free cookies* if you can name all my current followers :)

*Cookies to be provided by LMG and google with or with out your request or participation in this game.

On the chance that you're being serious and not just copping out...printscreen (PrtScn) and find a bmp file in your skyrim folder.  Or right click on skyrim in steam if you're using steams overlay, in which case press F12 for screenshots.

Anyways, my characters got a new outfit and she's also stripped down her entourage (mid-evil spicegirls) and dressed them up to give foes a glimpse of Canaan before they realize they're on the wrong side of Cerberus' gate.

Be warned, mature content & honour system in place

bPpUsAC.jpg

UVRGRBY.jpg

56h4tcG.jpg

n6r6HGS.jpg

C8rlAGu.jpg

Anyone care to take a guess at some of the mods in use, for fun? 

Free cookies* if you can name all my current followers :)

*Cookies to be provided by LMG and google with or with out your request or participation in this game.

Ehh... too much mods for me X_X

• 2 weeks later...

-snip-

I'd imagine that eats vram for lunch.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

@Pohernori high rez environment textures, absolutely.  However, they're offering 1k 2k and 4k d/l files.  So I'm squarely in the 1k group, and I assume(after peeking up your kilt to see system specs in your profile) you'd be able to pull off the 2k pack with ease.

I'm tracking it for the time being, want to install it for a new character.

I used to love skyrim! Modding it..

But Mods can cause the game to crash?

Cause game was crashing like 5-10 minutes

i played it once at my friends , i shot a troll in the D***

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pretty sure that means you need more VRAM from your GPU. Was it crashing before you installed any mods? Also what's your GPU?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Mods dont cause the game to crash. Modders cause the game to crash. Either you had conflicts or your load order wasnt setup correctly.

Mods dont cause the game to crash. Modders cause the game to crash. Either you had conflicts or your load order wasnt setup correctly.

load order is problem, but i don't know how to fix it..

Pretty sure that means you need more VRAM from your GPU. Was it crashing before you installed any mods? Also what's your GPU?

R9 280

@Pohernori high rez environment textures, absolutely.  However, they're offering 1k 2k and 4k d/l files.  So I'm squarely in the 1k group, and I assume(after peeking up your kilt to see system specs in your profile) you'd be able to pull off the 2k pack with ease.

I'm tracking it for the time being, want to install it for a new character.

I'd give 4k a try and see what's my performance  B)  hehehe

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Using mod organizer would allow you to change load order with ease and identify conflicting mods

there's also an auto sort feature.

What mod program are you using? 

Using mod organizer would allow you to change load order with ease and identify conflicting mods

there's also an auto sort feature.

The auto sort feature comes with a huge disclaimer "THIS ISNT VERY GOOD" for the 5 mins it takes to install LOOT its much better.

The auto sort feature comes with a huge disclaimer "THIS ISNT VERY GOOD" for the 5 mins it takes to install LOOT its much better.

But still an easier solution for inexperienced modders

@lovingGamer I use the Nexus mod manager and Loot.  Does the job rather well IMHO without needing to invest much time figuring out how to use them.

:EDIT May 20th 2015: I now use MO.  It is better.

@Pohernori if/when you do, please feel free to relay your impressions and experience with it at whichever resolution you end up trying

viva_la_resolution.jpg

@Pohernori if/when you do, please feel free to relay your impressions and experience with it at whichever resolution you end up trying

I've managed to find sometime to try out the 4k textures today

Ran a quick benchmark in my standard walk in the heavy rain from valtheim towers

2015-02-05 22:25:35 - TESV
Frames: 1888 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 31.467 - Min: 25 - Max: 36

Playing at 1080p was quite playable, there were some stuttering occasionally.

Vram usage was hovering between 2.6GB to 2.9GB

Comparison of the textures I was using before vs Tamriel Reloaded HD

Tamriel Reloaded HD vs Tamriel Reloaded - Textures and Parallax

Tamriel Reloaded HD

cPMv5OL.jpg

Tamriel Reloaded HD & Parallax 

tM6CnAo.jpg

Tamriel Reloaded HD + Tamriel Reloaded HD & Parallax 

kOBi44M.jpg

@Pohernori Judging by the comparisons you've posted, thank you for them by the way quite awesome of you.  Parallax, being true to its definition, obviously has strikingly different rocks and tree bark and would seem to look better than 32cm's(mod author/creator of both) newer HD reloaded texture pack.  but I find myself torn between whether I prefer the tree foliage brightness/bloom of parallax or rocky waters found in HD reloaded.

I think'd prefer the mossy grass in HD reloaded more so than tall grasses of parallax, but that might be more of a landscaping preference than anything else.

After using both, what do you like more?