Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would use it to get my computer up and running again.

It had a bit of a KIA (killed in action) moment.

There were lots of sparks though :)

It was a really only pc and I've been saving money for a new one.

This would cut a very significant amount out of that.

I would use this processor to start a new build for gaming and video recording/editing.

I need to upgrade my ancient AMD Phenom 9750. Please have mercy on me linus, nick and Intel.

Well, if I had the processor, I would upgrade my Core i5-2310. I'd pick up a motherboard. and just swift my parts over.

Free CPU, was going to build a mITX or mATX video capture rig on the Z97 platform, but a free CPU offsets the costs quite nicely for me to up to X99 :P

I would get a new motherboard and swap it out for my old AMD cpu to better run Inventor and play games.

It would knock a lot of the price of entry for my first pc build.

-Jarro

I would definitly build new PC(it will happen anyway eventually :P), extra power will be useful for 3D modeling and rendering ofc!

Would be cool to win :) I'd build a new PC so I can edit videos on Vegas without crashing after an hour o-o

I hope to win this, as my pentium G3258 is starting to be an issue.

I would build a new rig even though I actually don't need it as a gamer.

i think i would sell it ;( not enough money to upgrade whole system, but by selling it i could make atleast decent gpu upgrade  ^_^

Man I would slap that bad boy into an Asus x99 Deluxe if I won, and take the dough I saved for a GTX 970 !

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?

Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I would give my entire current system to my father and build me a new rig with a cleaner looking case.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I would put the 5820k in my media center so I can play games without hiccup while the media center records and stream tv/movies at the same time.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I would finally upgrade my pc, my Q6600 is just too old to play modern games :D

Happy holiday guys!