Surprised no one noticed AMDs test-bench:

Nakoron

The surprise here is they tested Omega against a 12 month old driver instead of 14.7, wth is that about?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

The surprise here is they tested Omega against a 12 month old driver instead of 14.7, wth is that about?

I didn't catch that one... such disappoint.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

They already know their high-end CPUs are crap. They just dont want to publicly announce that because there are still alot of people who think FX chips are better than intel. (for performance, not price)

well, for my use (not even thinking abot budget) id mch rather a 9590 over a i7 any day. 

i find that i'd probably end up rendering recording streaming and playing all at once. i'd like a few moe cores to handle all that. 

''oh, but the intel has better per core preformance, eliminating the need for laods of cores''

i dont give a rats ass. per core doesnt mean shit when you have more of them, multi tasking better. running 4 2 thread programs. i'd end up doing that alot. 

and in game, 9590 would only lose a few frames (99% of the time under 3) compared to a similarly setup comp with a 4770k. 

anyway, i apologize if that came off as pissy... or rude... these are topics that usually get me rather riled up as it doesnt matter, cause there is no perfect product, everyone has different needs, because, believe it or not some people have tight schedules and arent able to just devote different time slots for work and play... and some people have different styles of each of those. 

who cares if they used the other brands CPU. its more honest to show thier buyings what they can really push, instead of cornering them into only using one brand. 

i'd much rather buy from the company who admits to the other guys beign better at some stuff then the company who only uses their own products. 

im sure AMD has some magic planned out for APUs. and im sure intel will eventually jump along once they see how it goes. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

First it's 13.12 and not 14.7 and what is your point at least they didn't lie *cough* Nvidia *cough* and improvements are still improvements.

@Briggsy

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

First it's 13.12 and not 14.7 and what is your point at least they didn't lie *cough* Nvidia *cough* and improvements are still improvements.

@Briggsy

I have no idea what your point is in tagging me... and I can be disappointed all I want in misleading claims.  :lol:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I have no idea what your point is in tagging me... and I can be disappointed all I want in misleading claims.  :lol:

To make you aware that his statement was wrong. 

If you want misleading claims go and hop in Anita Sarkeesian fight for females in video games.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not news, they have done this for a very long time.

@Briggsy

To make you aware that his statement was wrong. 

If you want misleading claims go and hop in Anita Sarkeesian fight for females in video games.

How was my statement wrong?

I said I was surprised they tested against 13.12 and not 14.7

13.12 is 12 months old, is it not? I am really confused what your point is here?

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How was my statement wrong?

I said I was surprised they tested against 13.12 and not 14.7

13.12 is 12 months old, is it not? I am really confused what your point is here?

I know it's 12 month old yes you were right at this point but then you went way off and said it's 14.7 not 13.12, if I went with you saying that 14.7 is 12 month old it isn't it's about 4 months old, if you want to see it against 14.11.2 there here you goShit bro I'm sorry I totally misunderstood you I'm sorry I had a brain fart.

@Briggsy I'm sorry I mislead you damn, why didn't you tell me m8 why ? I was wrong and I'm sorry I totally misunderstood Homer.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I know it's 12 month old yes you were right at this point but then you went way off and said it's 14.7 not 13.12, if I went with you saying that 14.7 is 12 month old it isn't it's about 4 months old, if you want to see it against 14.11.2 there here you go.

I think you should read again, I said instead of 14.7.

Edit

No worries dude. We all have senior moments :)

I think you should read again, I said instead of 14.7.

Edit

No worries dude. We all have senior moments :)

Thanks.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I assumed they just used the intel chip to avoid any cpu throttling on any of their performance testing scenarios.

well, for my use (not even thinking abot budget) id mch rather a 9590 over a i7 any day. 

i find that i'd probably end up rendering recording streaming and playing all at once. i'd like a few moe cores to handle all that. 

''oh, but the intel has better per core preformance, eliminating the need for laods of cores''

i dont give a rats ass. per core doesnt mean shit when you have more of them, multi tasking better. running 4 2 thread programs. i'd end up doing that alot. 

and in game, 9590 would only lose a few frames (99% of the time under 3) compared to a similarly setup comp with a 4770k. 

anyway, i apologize if that came off as pissy... or rude... these are topics that usually get me rather riled up as it doesnt matter, cause there is no perfect product, everyone has different needs, because, believe it or not some people have tight schedules and arent able to just devote different time slots for work and play... and some people have different styles of each of those. 

who cares if they used the other brands CPU. its more honest to show thier buyings what they can really push, instead of cornering them into only using one brand. 

i'd much rather buy from the company who admits to the other guys beign better at some stuff then the company who only uses their own products. 

im sure AMD has some magic planned out for APUs. and im sure intel will eventually jump along once they see how it goes. 

Why would you be Rendering something while Playing a game, recording and streaming?

Sounds like you actually need X99, not OC'd AMD chip (9590) or a 4770K.

Besides, you can generally achieve the same performance of the 9590 with an OC'd 8350 with a Waterblock on it. If you're gonna spend the extra to go from 8350 to 9590 (with little performance improvement), you may as well go all the way to X99 with a Hexa-Core or Octa-Core Intel CPU and get an actual noticeable improvement, plus the benefit of Hyperthreading (Which of course you can disable to get better single threaded IPC performance per core).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why would you be Rendering something while Playing a game, recording and streaming?

Besides, you can generally achieve the same performance of the 9590 with an OC'd 8350 with a Waterblock on it. If you're gonna spend the extra to go from 8350 to 9590 (with little performance improvement), you may as well go all the way to X99 with a Hexa-Core or Octa-Core Intel CPU and get an actual noticeable improvement, plus the benefit of Hyperthreading (Which of course you can disable to get better single threaded IPC performance per core).

Why would suggest X99 the 8350 or the i7 4790K  and other CPU would be fine a lot of streamers use them and they have no trouble at all, I really don't think X99 is the right platform and it isn't the mature with all the bugs and motherboard issues and the expensive price of DDR4, I would AM3+ or Z97 is the way to go.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why would suggest X99 the 8350 or the i7 4790K  and other CPU would be fine a lot of streamers use them and they have no trouble at all, I really don't think X99 is the right platform and it isn't the mature with all the bugs and motherboard issues and the expensive price of DDR4, I would AM3+ or Z97 is the way to go.

I'm suggesting X99 (Or, to be fair, X79 would work too), because he's "RENDERING" while recording, streaming, and gaming.

According to him, the 4770 is insufficient. He said he'd rather get a 9590, which I think is ridiculous really. Anything the 9590 can do, most 8350's can do too when OC'd and with good Watercooling.

I honestly have no idea what he means by rendering. What is he rendering? Why does he need to do that while gaming, recording, and streaming? Is he rendering edited footage? If so, he needs a freaking dedicated editing rig ASAP, or he needs to beef up his hardware to Intel Extreme platform.

Most streamers, presumably, won't be Rendering and Gaming/Recording/Streaming at the same time.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

When they benched using their "poor cpus" you guys complained that the gains were false on your oced 4770k  and up. now they show you the gains on the best cpu and you still complain.

What has this forum turned into.

is it the same person(s) every time? flip flopping like mitt romney?

don't generalize everyone into one big group.

we might all enjoy tech, but we do not all share the same opinions.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I'm suggesting X99 (Or, to be fair, X79 would work too), because he's "RENDERING" while recording, streaming, and gaming.

According to him, the 4770 is insufficient. He said he'd rather get a 9590, which I think is ridiculous really. Anything the 9590 can do, most 8350's can do too when OC'd and with good Watercooling.

I honestly have no idea what he means by rendering. What is he rendering? Why does he need to do that while gaming, recording, and streaming? Is he rendering edited footage? If so, he needs a freaking dedicated editing rig ASAP, or he needs to beef up his hardware to Intel Extreme platform.

Most streamers, presumably, won't be Rendering and Gaming/Recording/Streaming at the same time.

I think he meant streaming by saying rendering, I'm like you why would you render while you are playing a game and streaming ? it doesn't make sense at all stop streaming and gaming then render I'm sure you will finish rendering faster, I also don't know why a 4770 in insufficient?? based on what it's insufficient, I agree with you looks like I misunderstood you or misunderstood him I don't know.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think he meant streaming by saying rendering, I'm like you why would you render while you are playing a game and streaming ? it doesn't make sense at all stop streaming and gaming then render I'm sure you will finish rendering faster, I also don't know why a 4770 in insufficient?? based on what it's insufficient, I agree with you looks like I misunderstood you or misunderstood him I don't know.  

I don't know man, he specifically stated Streaming and rendering. Confusing and/or the wrong way to do it :P

I don't think you misunderstood me, just that he's talking nonsense xD

because i like to be prepared for when shit hits the fan. 

usually in ym life its wet shit and im scrambled for time but dot wanna give up gaming. xP

i'd go with the amd chip because a full computer that meets my ideals, and has x99 would be mounds more cash. 

i would way prefer to take x99 over anything amd, however the cheapest i7 on x99 with 8 cores is like 1000$ and the 9590 is like 220$ not to mention x99 boards arrent cheap either, same for the ram in order to even take advantage of it all.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Well, they just used the fastest cpu they had at arm's reach, they don't really have interest to have their launch benchmarks bottlenecked just because they absolutely wanted to use an fx cpu. The FX lineup is oriented to budget-restrained gamers/enthusiasts who want to get a good overclocking platform for comparatively cheap, they never had delusions of being faster than extreme edition i7s (which by the way are 5 times as expensive).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well 9590's are higher binned 8350's.

yes, im concerned about cash, but this is my magiacl dream rig that i'll likely not get for a few years, 

id just rather pay 2x and make sure i already have decent speeds, rather than hope that the 8350 is a winner.

-Jim Hensen

most.

again. my life + fan +shits hapens alot.

-Jim Hensen

I don't know man, he specifically stated Streaming and rendering. Confusing and/or the wrong way to do it :P

I don't think you misunderstood me, just that he's talking nonsense xD

again.. this is my mythical dream build and im just throwin stuff up there. 

i say streaming rendering gaming and recording all at once because thats about the most intensive thing i could think of me doing. yeah, its probably worse preformance in the game and rendering horrible as well as my stream going to shit.

but its intensive. AF. and that was the goal in saying so, giving perspective that i dont want my dream rig to be mr.icandothingsoneatatime 

she* sortofnonsensewithlogicappliedtoitbecdausereasons*

-Jim Hensen