"What key switch should I get?" - Look here!

i bought a cherry mx blue kb and i love it. i tried the test and it said mx blue. YAY

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

i bought a cherry mx blue kb and i love it. i tried the test and it said mx blue. YAY

Then it's working correctly! I got greens which is what I use so it must be at least halfway decent.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You need to get your hands on some Topre's and join the typing on a cloud of boobs club xP

You need to get your hands on some Topre's and join the typing on a cloud of boobs club xP

I almost marked solved because that won me over xD

I entered a contest for a Topre keyboard because I think my dad would really enjoy using one, although I probably won't win it....

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well, I hope you win the Topre!  I gotta say it truly has won me over from Clear's, Green's, and Blue's.  Actually looking at getting an HHKB and a Realforce Topre in the future.  I love the high UG of the Realforce, and the look of the HHKB is just... I love that form factor.  That and I never use a number pad, but if I ever need one / play DayZ, could pull out one of my other eight or so mechanicals, or just a Realforce with number pad xP

Well, I hope you win the Topre!  I gotta say it truly has won me over from Clear's, Green's, and Blue's.  Actually looking at getting an HHKB and a Realforce Topre in the future.  I love the high UG of the Realforce, and the look of the HHKB is just... I love that form factor.  That and I never use a number pad, but if I ever need one / play DayZ, could pull out one of my other eight or so mechanicals, or just a Realforce with number pad xP

I never use the numpad either. My Quickfire Rapid LE with Greens wins. Not sure, after reading about Topre, if the boobs feeling is for me though xD

• 2 weeks later...

Added what little is known currently about the new switches in the Steelseries M800. Will hopefully update more as information about them becomes public.

Blues or Clears. Can't stand the lightness of the browns and since I type, I need tactile.

Are you asking a question or pointing out your favorites?

I must say, Greens win my everything :)

Blues or Clears. Can't stand the lightness of the browns and since I type, I need tactile.

Well, blues arguably feel as/light(er) than browns. So not sure

if i would take blue if you want heavier switches, do you

want noise or not? bump tactile feels different than clicky

tactile, i personally prefer the clicky tactile while i may

not like the noise as much..

(making the assumption this is a question and not a statement)

Edit: on second thought it seems more like a statement than 

a question :P

Are you asking a question or pointing out your favorites?

I must say, Greens win my everything :)

Well, blues arguably feel as/light(er) than browns. So not sure

if i would take blue if you want heavier switches, do you

want noise or not? bump tactile feels different than clicky

tactile, i personally prefer the clicky tactile while i may

not like the noise as much..

(making the assumption this is a question and not a statement)

Edit: on second thought it seems more like a statement than 

a question :P

No, It's a statement! Sorry for making that not clear. I have a Blue keyboard for home and a 60% clear for travel (with my laptop). Blues seem heavier than browns to me, probably because of the more pronounced "click."

No, It's a statement! Sorry for making that not clear. I have a Blue keyboard for home and a 60% clear for travel (with my laptop). Blues seem heavier than browns to me, probably because of the more pronounced "click."

Well yeah, blue does give some more

resistance than brown :P, i agree with

you that brown/red are both unreasonably

light.. it's like the switches aren't even

there, barely carrying its own weight. 

Well yeah, blue does give some more

resistance than brown :P, i agree with

you that brown/red are both unreasonably

light.. it's like the switches aren't even

there, barely carrying its own weight.

People are learning. Lighter doesn't mean better. I'm so proud of all of you!

GREENS RAWR

I wonder how blues/greens with clear Springs would feel. @Charger

I wonder how blues/greens with clear Springs would feel. @Charger

All the click and clack (the Tappet brothers).

Greens would just be hard to type on, period.

well you have them on hand so why don't you try lol

no board to easily try that in?

@TheProfosist @Charger I imagine, if anything it would just be a slightly

lighter green? between blue/green similar to the white. Probably not very

exciting? 

@TheProfosist @Charger I imagine, if anything it would just be a slightly

lighter green? between blue/green similar to the white. Probably not very

exciting?

Lol just ignore us we are just 2 crazy people talking about springs and switches. The reason he even mentioned it was because i have been talking about wanting to put clear springs in a black switches to change the feel of the switch

Lol just ignore us we are just 2 crazy people talking about springs and switches. The reason he even mentioned it was because i have been talking about wanting to put clear springs in a black switches to change the feel of the switch

Yep crazy. I just made a few green switches with 65g gold Springs that have the trampoline mod and are also stickered. That's not too far out of the ordinary is it?

Yep crazy. I just made a few green switches with 65g gold Springs that have the trampoline mod and are also stickered. That's not too far out of the ordinary is it?

here is a chart that will show you how far it is

ordinary ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------you and me

here is a chart that will show you how far it is

ordinary ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------you and me

You must be boring.

You must be boring.

you could probably say that.

I myself have made my keyboard, numpad and usb extension as well as a few key caps that i use

http://imgur.com/a/Nf5re

0oNly33.jpg

and @TheProfosist has probably invested more money in custom usb cables alone for his custom keyboards then most people even think of spending on a keyboard and a mouse lol