"What key switch should I get?" - Look here!

It said blues, not sure between reds and blues.

They're totally different but some people, like me, like heavier clicky switches (greens) and Reds and the same time.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They're totally different but some people, like me, like heavier clicky switches (greens) and Reds and the same time.

I'm intrigued by both reds and blues. Blues nicer to type on but reds seems better to game om (?). I don't want heavy switches.

I'm intrigued by both reds and blues. Blues nicer to type on but reds seems better to game om (?). I don't want heavy switches.

Reds are way light - too light for typing IMO. Unless you type featherlight, you may make a few typos. Blues are a tad heavy, lighter than Greens though.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Alright, I updated the quiz a little bit. You're now more likely to get Cherry Clears than before. Also, blacks have been fixed in the gaming section.

Clears, sounds about right I want harder keys then my reds and a tactile feedback like browns that are quiet.

Honestly didnt know clears were a thing until now, any idea of keyboards that use them?

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

it said i should use greens. never tried them, I've always been an mx blue guy

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I like blacks.. I bash the keys too hard for reds..My misses reckons she can hear em from upstairs though...

Got RED ones

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

It gave me blues, I only like Browns.

but funny putting a keyboard with Razer Green / Orange cherry MX knockoffs.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

It gave me blues, I only like Browns.

but funny putting a keyboard with Razer Green / Orange cherry MX knockoffs.

How did you get blues? I made sure to put *noise and click* in the blue selections.

it said i should use greens. never tried them, I've always been an mx blue guy

If blues feel too light, then greens are for you.

Clears, sounds about right I want harder keys then my reds and a tactile feedback like browns that are quiet.

Honestly didnt know clears were a thing until now, any idea of keyboards that use them?

Dunno any clears of the top of my head. Try WASD keyboards.

If blues feel too light, then greens are for you.

Where would I be able to try greens?

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I like blacks.. I bash the keys too hard for reds..My misses reckons she can hear em from upstairs though...

I tried using blacks but half the time my fingers would tire out as well as a lot of the time keys wouldn't register because they wouldn't register, so reds were perfect for me because I am a very very very light typer.

Where would I be able to try greens?

You should get one of these. http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/

Cooler Master will give you a discount on one of their Cherry MX keyboards after you've bought this and can prove you've bought this. 

I tried using blacks but half the time my fingers would tire out as well as a lot of the time keys wouldn't register because they wouldn't register, so reds were perfect for me because I am a very very very light typer.

Cherry MX Greens would probably snap your hands in four.

Updated the quiz again. Some grammar issues resolved as well as the non-Cherry switch Razer keyboard at the beginning since that's important to some people :P

The Razer Blackwidow uses Razer Greens which are Cherry MX Blues made in China and painted green to all who who wondering.

I got blues which is ludicrous as I said no noise but... whatever...

FWIW my preferred caps are browns with dampeners installed to get rid of the clack.

I got blues which is ludicrous as I said no noise but... whatever...

FWIW my preferred caps are browns with dampeners installed to get rid of the clack.

How often do you game and how hard do you hit the keys? That's what would have put you towards blues. 20%> for gaming is set at Blues and None is set at Greens. The browns are super light so if you don't know your Cherry MX keys or TRY for a result, you may go the wrong way.

Also, I re-edited it AGAIN so maybe take the test again as another couple of people have told me that they selected quiet a few times and still got blues.

I believe I put 20%-40%.

It's a very good idea to create this btw but as with most things should be taken with a grain of salt.

If the clicking of blues didn't drive me nuts they are likely the best choice.

Just got my corsair k70 RGB and they are brown switches. Survey said I need blue switches. Screw the blue switches.

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

I believe I put 20%-40%.

It's a very good idea to create this btw but as with most things should be taken with a grain of salt.

If the clicking of blues didn't drive me nuts they are likely the best choice.

Clears require a bit more force than browns - more similar to blues. Might want to try something like this.

Also, the gaming portion is a difficult one to make quite right. Every answer can only be tied to one key switch so 20-40% can only give you Cherry MX Browns, not the options of Blacks/Reds/Browns/Clears when clicked...