Lenovo Wins "Best iPhone 6 Copy Ever"

ShadowCaptain

Ha! Lol this is pretty much the same except for the better button placement, no touch id, and the camera doesn't protrude out the back.

Wondering how long it will take before lenovo is in court facing an apple lawsuit.

These phones do certainly look fairly similar but what's the difference between one company's smart phone and any other's these days; very little. They essentially copied the rounded aluminum body parts and colours but what other colours are you really going to put on an aluminum body? The S90 has as much difference between it and the iPhone as any other two competing smart phones on the market. The pictures are uncanny and you'd have to be pretty blind not to notice the similarities but can you really win a lawsuit against someone who has essentially parodied your product pictures? I don't think Apple has a case here especially when you factor in that Lenovo is probably targeting a Chinese population.

These phones do certainly look fairly similar but what's the difference between one company's smart phone and any other's these days; very little. They essentially copied the rounded aluminum body parts and colours but what other colours are you really going to put on an aluminum body? The S90 has as much difference between it and the iPhone as any other two competing smart phones on the market. The pictures are uncanny and you'd have to be pretty blind not to notice the similarities but can you really win a lawsuit against someone who has essentially parodied your product pictures? I don't think Apple has a case here especially when you factor in that Lenovo is probably targeting a Chinese population.

Not that I think anything will happen because the rumor is it's only going on sale in china (maybe some surrounding nations), but even if there was a case, Lenovo only have to show prior art to anything release by apple and the worst apple can do is make them change their marketing material (assuming the marketing pictures we are seeing are actually from Lenovo) 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

at 2000 RMB it's basically targeting those who want an Iphone but can't afford one.

My guess is that it will only be sold in the domestic chinese market.

I am kinda speechless, I have so many questions:

How long does it take to get a phone to production? apparently a year, so who in apple leaked the design if it's an intentional copy?

Why would lenovo do this if they want to be taken seriously in the west as a phone manufacturer?

is it a low spec or low quality ripp off?

Is it a high quality rip off?

is it possible they started the design first?

how many assumptions can be made because there is no way to prove anything in this thread without omnipotents?

where did i leave my keys?

how many roads must a man travel down?

It's China, does that answer most of your questions? It will likely be average at best.

It's China, does that answer most of your questions? It will likely be average at best.

Your the second person to say that, but honestly how do we know?  All we know is it costs about $325.  Which could mean anything the way Chinese currency floats.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Your the second person to say that, but honestly how do we know? All we know is it costs about $325. Which could mean anything the way Chinese currency floats.

Someone of your vintage should be able to use your/you're properly.

Someone of your vintage should be able to use your/you're properly.

Some one of my vintage has spent too long on these forums, it's rubbing off.

Does this also bend ?

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

lol it probably will have faster processor and better battery life

lol it probably will have faster processor and better battery life

Well since the iPhone currently one of, if not the most powerful mobile phone CPU available, that would be an impressive feat

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii