PC Problems you live with

annoying involuntary double click when I never ask for it

dont know if there is a fix....

Download spybot that would do the job when i had that problem in my pc. Now its just that i have replaced my new mobo once and 2nd replcement is on its way cause thw dealer shipped broken mobo. So no pc for some more days

[CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4350 @4.2GHz ] [MoBo: 970 PRO GAMING/AURA] [Ram: 2x8GB HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3] [GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] [PSU: Corsair VS550Watt] [HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD green] [CPU Cooler: JONSBO CPU AIR COOLER - CR-201 RED LED] [Display: LG 24MP88HV-S 24-inch Slim IPS] -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Using the artic cooler.... so big that putting it on the CPU is a massive pain in the behind... Also the power cable to the motherboard being just long enough is a pain when it has to reach over a graphics card as well as coming from the bottom of the case.

My case has terrible airflow so I leave panel off and set the sidepanel fans on top of my GPU...

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

My CPU cooler (h105) isn't put on extremely securely - it stays on but if I bump the case the cooler will fall of my cpu :3

Incredibly long boot time 3-4 minutes after switching to Seagate SSHD after my WD Black started to fail. WD Black was only 2 min on average, but after the transfer process something seems to have gone wrong. 

My speakers don't turn off when I plug a pair of headphones in the front panel headphone jack. I blame Silverstone.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

lol where to start

-broke the sata connector to my 1 tb storage and super glued it back to getter and now has no capabilities of cable management   

-broke the window in my case, rock it with out a window just stick my arm in there when ever somethings acting weird

-my screens randomly go black and everything locks up dono y (happens like once a month)

-ssd just hanging in the case, haven't got a bracket yet

but i still love er lol

When I was installing one of my fans, the threading on the screw stripped. The fan rattled like crazy at higher RPMs, until I finally fixed it... with a zip tie.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Dead pixel on my 144 screen.

Not a real bother.

So heres an idea, We all (or mostly) build our own PCs here, and we almost certainly all (or mostly) have a custom PC, naturally they are not without their problems and sometimes things go wrong over time, so I am wondering am I the only one who just lives with some little things not working quite right, so I Thought I'd make this thread, the basic idea is to explain what little problems your PC has and how you manage to deal with/live with them on a daily basis.

I'll start by saying I have a Enermax T.B Apollish fan in the top of my case (I actually have more than one the rest are fine, this one is a bit dodgy) and it doesn't start up for some reason. to fix it I generally just spin the blades myself if I got the case open anyway and it starts from there, or I start upping and downing the voltage from my fan controller which eventually kicks it into life.

I get the same problem with one my Bitfenix Spectre Pro Fans, I now have to leave my side panel thumb screws out so I can give the fan a little spin almost every time I power up my system

Fan noise. Don't have enough money to watercool.

This is a common misconception water cooling <> silent pc. It relies on many factors such as fan choice radiator fpi etc. My liquid cooled pc is not silent and if you watch Barnacules he always comments on how loud his main rig is.

mine takes about 8-10 seconds to recognize the boot drive(SSD). So my average boot time is >15 secs just like a regular hdd

High clearance 160 they said. Of course it would be nice if they had stated this means excluding the space for the the sidepanel fan -_-

Not a huge issue, it cools but it looks extremly stupid.

IIcykO6.jpg

My PC in general, it's a really cheap laptop forom local Latvian comapany, it coust around 230 euros and the fact i did punch the monitor and i have to use one of my TV's to use it.. just stupid.  :D

But i will buy a new one next summer has i'm still saving moneyzzzz :)

I have a 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and I can't play the new games.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

I have a couple, Whenever i plug in a controller into my usb ports while im skyping theirs this huge static noise that my friends here so i cant use a controller while im talking, Also my front usb 3.0 ports dont work its a faulty cable but im too lazy to replace. The last thing is a software issue, when i restart my computer with in  15 min i get this message that tabs me out of whatever im doing and says bad jre file or something. only happens once after reboot though.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I have a couple, Whenever i plug in a controller into my usb ports while im skyping theirs this huge static noise that my friends here so i cant use a controller while im talking, Also my front usb 3.0 ports dont work its a faulty cable but im too lazy to replace. The last thing is a software issue, when i restart my computer with in  15 min i get this message that tabs me out of whatever im doing and says bad jre file or something. only happens once after reboot though.

jre has something to do with Java if I am not mistaken, might want to check it :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

my busted audio-out port on my built-in soundcard so i have to use a cheapo external soundcard to compensate with that problem.. and another thing, DUST!

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 | MB: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | RAM: GSkill Ripjawx 8gb DDR3 1600 | VGA: Gigabyte GTX560 OC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb, 2X Intel 330 60gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb | CASE: Modded NZXT Souce 220 | Cooling: Deepcool Iceblade Pro | PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Mousepad: Razer Vespula | Monitor: Dell E2314H

I have a laptop.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Coil whine and a noisy-ass hard drive.

The hard drive noise can be stopped but only with certain software.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Hmm, mine supplies power to the USB ports when turned off, I switch it on at the socket and my keyboard and mouse light up, then then after I've finished using it and shut down the they go off...

Thank you.

Wardojack.

My current power "button"

02G9zTa.png

It's the HDD light with the top stripped off and plugged into the power switch header. I just touch the wires together to start the computer. 

System: Thinkpad T460

My current power "button"

02G9zTa.png

It's the HDD light with the top stripped off and plugged into the power switch header. I just touch the wires together to start the computer. 

bruh