LTT is dying off, since some of our favourite people have left.

melias24

You obviously don't realize why they left...

Doesn't really matter to me one bit. Just because a bunch of butt buddies decide to leave, it's not going to make the other 130,000 people leave the community.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Veterans unite!

(In a massive piss take here)

Sons of Linus! Of Luke! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of This forum comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the Forum!

We need to get a list of remaining vets here, and scratch them off as they fall.

How you consider some of the top posters and most helpful people leaving "getting rid of bad apples"

Most of those "top posters" get their posts from useless replies that don't help anyone.

I don't think it's dying off the forum just like any collection of people is going through change and will reorganize itself at some close point

Well I'm new here and I've been finding it alright. What exactly is the problem? :huh:

A lot of good men left... You haven't met most of them and even I haven't met some of them...

we still have me so whats the problem here? ;)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Doesn't really matter to me one bit. Just because a bunch of butt buddies decide to leave, it's not going to make the other 130,000 people leave the community.

130,000 only a fraction of which actually contribute and signed up for anything other than to enter contests...

The people leaving aside we are getting a lot more trolls and the mods need to nip that in the butt.

This thread is starting to get filled with hate to one another... :mellow:

732b0b61628088b3e0c41ad6fdbad98c04581515

I think i'm starting to like it... :)

Details separate people.

There where a lot more than two....

The number of active members is not in decline, and seeing some of the people who were (excuse my french) a part in the shitposting go isn't exactly something I have negative feelings about.

Veterans unite!

(In a massive piss take here)

Sons of Linus! Of Luke! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of This forum comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the Forum!

We need to get a list of remaining vets here, and scratch them off as they fall.

193a1200c8.png

Most of those "top posters" get their posts from useless replies that don't help anyone.

Most useless replies go in the off topic section where post dont count and most of the top poster are generally very VERY helpful in my experience.  

idk i just started becoming more active in the LTT community, and it seems like a mostly awesome place, by far the best forum ive ever been on. ive had a few issues but this  is the internet, if there wasnt problems with some people id be scared, there WILL ALWAYS be trolls. if you leave an amazing community like this one because of some trolls, have fun on Reddit, because theres no trolls there...right?(lol)

The number of active members is not in decline, and seeing some of the people who were (excuse my french) a part in the shitposting go isn't exactly something I have negative feelings about.

There are only a number of people left who I see actually making useful posts/replies. A bunch of active people asking questions and fewer and fewer making answers doesnt help anyone. The forum is far from dieing though.

Ah, really? I remember seeing somewhere about Geekazoid leaving. Was he one of those "good men"?

Well i considered him to be.

Ah, really? I remember seeing somewhere about Geekazoid leaving. Was he one of those "good men"?

Haven't encountered him enough times to make a judgment... @Askew is one of them, but he's still watching over us...

There are only a number of people left who I see actually making useful posts/replies. A bunch of active people asking questions and fewer and fewer making answers doesnt help anyone. The forum is far from dieing though.

I gravitate towards Troubleshooting & posting guides and it's become a bit of a peeve to see these "top posters" do nothing but reply to every topic with a generic "that sucks" or just something not useful what-so-ever. Most people just go for e-peen post count spam which is why megadarkwood is the only person I've ever put on ignore.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I very rarely see a question go unanswered (unless it's completely ridiculous), but maybe that's just me...

Hey guys, am i the only one who feel's this is dying off since Askew, and SAV1OUR etc.. have left? I'm still gonna stay, but Askew does check here and now, so yeah. i'll stay :P

There are still 2000+ people on the forum everyday and growing, you think the forum is dying because of maybe five people leaving?

Maybe out of the new comers we might find someone better than SAV1OUR or Askew.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I gravitate towards Troubleshooting & posting guides and it's become a bit of a peeve to see these "top posters" do nothing but reply to every topic with a generic "that sucks" or just something not useful what-so-ever. Most people just go for e-peen post count spam which is why megadarkwood is the only person I've ever put on ignore.

I actually see them around all the different sections of the forum. You have to remember this is a community in a addition to the forum. I would be rather boring if everyone just came here to ask questions and answer them. IT would also be rather stupid if everyone just came here to goof off. We need a balance of both. Bottom line they will be missed by many. 

I very rarely see a question go unanswered (unless it's completely ridiculous), but maybe that's just me...

I have a had a few go unanswered recently. I'm starting to notice more and more.

Most useless replies go in the off topic section where post dont count and most of the top poster are generally very VERY helpful in my experience.  

I beg to differ, there are a lot of replies posted by the top posters that are not in off topic and still don't contribute a single thing to the topic at hand. Most of those replies are simple echos from what was already said before and lack any substantiation.

There are still 2000+ people on the forum everyday and growing, you think the forum is dying because of maybe five people leaving?

Maybe out of the new comers we might find someone better than SAV1OUR or Askew.

Sure as hell can't get a lot worse. *Douses self in gasoline and hands out matches*

Sure as hell can't get a lot worse. *Douses self in gasoline and hands out matches*

Haha!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I beg to differ, there are a lot of replies posted by the top posters that are not in off topic and still don't contribute a single thing to the topic at hand. Most of those replies are simple echos from what was already said before and lack any substantiation.

Oh I see that as well. The point is they do offer some valuable insight to some topics as well as adding a bit of color to others. I would hate to see the forum become strictly cut and dry Q & A. You have to admit that would be boring...