Dell Announce World Thinnest Tablet

EDIT: I apologise, but it seems someone made a post about this as I was typing this out. Any mods, please feel free to remove my post. Link to other post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/212486-dell-venue-8-7000-worlds-thinnest-tablet-with-intels-realsense-3d-technology/

Dell have announced the worlds thinnest tablet at the Intel developer conference. The Dell Venue 8 7840 is merely 6mm thick and sports an 8.4 inch 2560x1600 OLED panel. The tablet, running android 4.4, is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 clocked at 2.33GHz, and comes with 32GB of storage, which is reportably expandable via microSD. Also of note are its front facing speakers.

post-12998-0-64664900-1410470055_thumb.j

Beyond being the worlds thinnest tablet, the Venue 8 7840 also showcases a new Intel technology named "RealSense" which uses 3D depth sensors to judge how far away an object in a picture is, not only allowing refocusing, but other interesting features. For example, by using triangulation, the software can calculate the distance between 2 points in an image. Other demos on show also showed snowflakes falling onto a bike, and turning a colour image black and white, starting with the closest objects.

Original article by Gizmodo: http://gizmodo.com/while-you-werent-looking-dell-announced-the-worlds-mos-1632621335

Yes a tablet that isn't crap.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Somebody posted the same thing literally a few minutes ago...but in the mobile section.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

*Posts about worlds thinnest tablet. Posts only a front view... Facepalm*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I apologise. I didn't realise.

not too big of a deal

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1.5mm less than the iPad Air. Now that's a difference you can feel, ladies and gentleman.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

1.5mm less than the iPad Air. Now that's a difference you can feel, ladies and gentleman.

it's only 0.1mm smaller then a z2 tablet.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

it's only 0.1mm smaller then a z2 tablet.

-_- an even more pointless comparison.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

First of all, the device looks great. Front-facing speakers FTW.

BUT, what's with everyone trying to make hardware as thin as possible? Make it as thick as my leg and give me 1 week battery life instead!

Damn, I bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro only a few weeks ago.

Curse you Dell!  <_<