New Dell tablet, thinnest, promising but they couldn't have thought of a catchier name - awesome, not awesome, in the middle or don't care?

Dell decided to venture further into the tablet market and produce one of the thinnest tablets yet (@ 6 mm thick), catering to android users, it comes with an 8.4 inch 2560 x 1600, OLED panel which the likes of Gizmodo [1], Techradar[2] and LAPTOP (part of tom's guide)[3]  are raving about the quality and color reproduction of the screen, it also is utilizing one of Intel's processors and RealSense technology "the world's first integrated 3D depth and 2D camera module that helps devices 'see' depth much like the human eye," [4] 

Brief specs:

Processor: Quad-core 2.33GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor

Storage: 32GB of storage 

Sounds promising but seriously Dell venue 8 7000, couldn't have thought of anything else to call it?!,  what do others think Awesome, Not awesome, In the middle or Don't care?

Is Intel's RealSense technology another gimmick or an innovation with potential? 

[1]http://gizmodo.com/while-you-werent-looking-dell-announced-the-worlds-mos-1632621335

[2]http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/dell-venue-8-7000-1265061/review

[3]http://blog.laptopmag.com/dell-venue-8-7000-hands-on

[4]http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/06/intel-realsense/

it's a good name if you consider their laptop naming scheme.

first number is size second number is series. 3000 or 7000.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

pricing?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I still really, really don't care about Dell.

hard not to do as they are top manufacturer?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Eh, I don't understand the logic behind the design there. There should be a speaker on each end of the tablet, not just one. Things like that make me cringe.

Their stuff breaks for me all the time.

It depends on what you buy.

Me too.

Everytime I had a product from them it failed really soon and RMA-ing didn't do anything.(Sent product to RMA,product came still not working)

Might try their monitors though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Their stuff breaks for me all the time.

tell that to my U2412M.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

But you gotta love their 1440p/1600p, 4K, and 5K IPS monitors especially at the price they're sold at.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Me too.

Everytime I had a product from them it failed really soon and RMA-ing didn't do anything.(Sent product to RMA,product came still not working)

Might try their monitors though.

My Dell monitor is great. (I hope it still works, it's been sitting in a hot box for a while) So I don't completely hate them. Their computers are utter trash though.

HTC nexus 9 might be soon as well

With a K1

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

My Dell monitor is great. (I hope it still works, it's been sitting in a hot box for a while) So I don't completely hate them. Their computers are utter trash though.

Everything I've tried from them is utter trash,and I haven't tested monitors and laptops.

However,I do have a friend with a Dell laptop which failed 2 weeks after he bought it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Everything I've tried from them is utter trash,and I haven't tested monitors and laptops.

However,I do have a friend with a Dell laptop which failed 2 weeks after he bought it.

Lol, that happened to me. :D So many random software problems, hardware failure, cheap build quality.

Lol, that happened to me. :D So many random software problems, hardware failure, cheap build quality.

Heck,even their printers are utter trash.

I had one.Can confirm 100%.

pricing?

Hi sorry, I don't think pricing has been released yet, I've checked out they're main website and its very brief, and none of the articles I've read so far have not mentioned the price (apart from own estimations of what it should be) 

Feel free to correct me anyone if you manage to find a price for it. 

Hi sorry, I don't think pricing has been released yet, I've checked out they're main website and its very brief, and none of the articles I've read so far have not mentioned the price (apart from own estimations of what it should be) 

Feel free to correct me anyone if you manage to find a price for it. 

ok but I qiute like this

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

it's a good name if you consider their laptop naming scheme.

first number is size second number is series. 3000 or 7000.

Yah, I understand that's what they're going for I was just thinking something shorter and punchier might help more in marketing appeal. 

Do they intend to make a Windows version?

Not as far as I'm aware from the articles I've, can't guarantee since its early days at the moment and I'm certainly no dell representative ;) 

HTC nexus 9 might be soon as well

With a K1

Definitely looking forward to seeing the fruition of that, hopefully it'll be as good as anticipated and awesome GIF by the way ;) . 

ok but I qiute like this

I'll try to keep up to date with news regarding the tablet and let you know

• 3 months later...

So the Dell Venue 8 7840 is officially on the shelves at Best Buy and Dell.com and at face value it is winning the current struggle I'm facing in choosing between it and the Nexus 9. The almost complete lack of a bezel, beautiful screen, and super thin frame are very sexy, BUT every bit of information I can find on the 7840 is focused on the camera features! I can't find a single mention of how well the atom chip performs. The camera really isn't going to be much of a selling point for me so does that mean I should avoid the Dell because that's all they seem to be able to talk about? Also...I'm really not a huge fan of Dell products in general...

Thoughts?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-7840-tablet/pd?ref=PD_OC

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-venue-8-7840-8-4-intel-atom-16gb-black/1645017.p?id=1219507981161&skuId=1645017