Got out of the friendzone!

BloodWithIce

I cannot, nobody really can

Man, your avatar is trippy...

Er... Congrats, OP? :huh:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

-words-

I agree about the friendship thing being a myth. Usually guys are all "I'm too nice" blah blah and the reality of it is, those same men are usually extremely creepy, stalkerish or clingy. There are several females I am friends with, but I have zero desire to be in a relationship with them or even cheat to be in a relationship with. Women don't say "friendzone", insecure men do. Those men fail to realize the simple fact that they are not gods gift to females and women are not shiny objects. Women have their own pref in a partners just like men do. Even if the two share hobbies, you still need the initial attraction and confidence is a huge booster. The whole concept of friendship zone is eh.

Girls always use a tactic to lure you in.

I'm glad she ended up accepting your offer, don't let her down :P.

Good Luck.

Btw. never show her this thread or mention it at all! Hip people still use Facebook 9/10 times to vomit out their social activities. You don't want to be the tech creep next week again now do you?

who cares...

Meanwhile, I continue to try and get out of it... :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Not the only one..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Not the only one..

I feel close. But it could just be another ploy.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@BloodWithIce I really hope your pp isn't her.

lol, but I'm starting to hate to word friendzone. xD but that just because my guy friends use it a lot talking about a girl i'm close to.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

You'll probably get out of it eventually, i've got 21 rejections in a row before I finally met the one. and she's overclocked running cool with a h80i.

jk jk...   I've never had a girlfriend... but now I just chill on LTT because summer break.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

X:Houston we have lift off !!!

Y:Begin phase 2.

X: Whats phase 2?

Y: Thats for OP. 

TC deserves it own title: "broke the friendzone barrier"

Does she read the LTT forums?  You better close this thread if she does....

r u a wizard?

ron_weasley_the_boy_who_made_it_out_of_t

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Pro tip: Unless she's a confirmed geek herself, don't mention Linus or any other tech youtubers for that matter.

And yeah in the past when I was young and stupid I got "friendzoned" a lot but I just didn't made a clean cut because "I value friendship" which a bullshit rationalization I was telling myself hoping to turn them around. As pathetic as it sounds that strategy did worked once but after a while I said nah fuck that I should just move on and not hang around uninterested people.

Anyway my rules against hitting on someone who was a friend first might have worked a bit too well since I apparently ended up friendzoning someone myself until she got a bit drunk and came on to me. In my defense though I missed her pretty obvious signals (like grind dancing and one "accidental" and another "joking" kiss) in the past because she had a pretty serious boyfriend and in fact freaked out and stopped talking to me after the first time we hooked up but well, those are her issues to solve I don't care.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well man, you're one of the few people (both men and women) who managed to turn an initial friendship (where one person got shot down) into an actual relationship.

However, I must note that the "Friendzone" isn't actually a thing. It's not real. We (men) have just made that shit up.

"I just got friendzoned" said no woman ever.

Check this out:

http://www.rsvlts.com/2014/05/01/friendzone-is-not-a-thing/

It blew my fucking mind reading it. I admit that I thought I've been "friendzoned" many times before. But honestly it just comes down to if you get "friendzoned" then she's just not attracted to you or you're not her type.

You might encounter the occasional woman who just won't give you the chance to see if you even ARE her type, but then, why would you even want to date a person like that anyway?

This is the really irritating thing about discussing the the friendzone, it is totally a thing, but people overanalyse it way too much. It all boils down to; "I like this girl/boy, but the feeling isn't mutual." That's it. It's all very well saying "Uuh she doesn't owe you anything you're not her type" and all that malarkey, and it may well be true, but the only people that need reminding of this are those who wallow in self-pity about it and/or blame the object of their failed affections. The adult response should simply be "Well, I asked her/him out but they don't feel the same way, I just need to move on."

I'm in sort of a similar predicament, 3 years back I befriended this girl while on holiday. Funny, clever, and absolutely gorgeous, but she lives in Liverpool and I in Buckinghamshire (roughly 160 miles apart), and though we're in pretty regular contact through Facebook, due to the distance I get the feeling that if she felt the same way about me as I do for her, something would've developed by now. I've basically come to terms with the fact that I should nut up and tell her how I feel and see what happens, and who knows, I might even be pleasantly surprised, but if she says no, then unfortunately that's just the end of it.

It's simply the sort of thing you have to suck up and move on from, else you'll be dwelling uselessly on it and just making yourself feel far worse. :)

/Rant

Back on topic though, nice one OP, you are one seriously lucky guy. Best of luck to you and the new missus. ;)

Congrats but you actually said "Holy mother of Linus"? Fucking hell that's cringeworthy

At least he did not respond with:

(I knew it, she wants the D ! )

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...