Whats the closest you've been to death

SirNumbers

When I was 8 my 2 of my cousins thought it would be funny (Atleast I dont remember why it was) to grab my hands and legs and hang me of a building in manhatten (NYC), I still have the image of looking straight down burned into my head.

That's either awful or fun, it depends how you look at. It's similar to it's not rape if you enjoyed it.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Trigger warning

I attempted suicide for the first time when I was 15. I took enough adderall to kill 4 people. My body threw most of it up.

I attempted suicide the 2nd time when I was 20, Spent 3 weeks in the hospital. 10 days in the ICU.

Was ditched in the middle of las vegas, where I got cornered, abused, raped, and ditched.

I had a stroke when I was 22, and spent half a month in the hospital, Doctors have no idea why.

I once got dangerously close to passing out from taking a hot shower while having a fever from an ear infection

that's kind of close, right?

I was also chased down by a pickup truck while I was riding my bicycle.

Error: 410

I thought about suicide after I nearly fried my PSU.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Other than nearly getting in a car accident on the highway, I don't think I've done anything that brought me too close to death.

I nearly severely injured my limbs with knives, fireworks, combustibles, power tools, etc. dozens of times.

Trigger warning
I attempted suicide for the first time when I was 15. I took enough adderall to kill 4 people. My body threw most of it up.
I attempted suicide the 2nd time when I was 20, Spent 3 weeks in the hospital. 10 days in the ICU.
Was ditched in the middle of las vegas, where I got cornered, abused, raped, and ditched.
I had a stroke when I was 22, and spent half a month in the hospital, Doctors have no idea why.

What's a trigger warning?

"trigger warning"

this is not Tumblr

Trigger Warning is a courtasy used in many locations. I didn't know it was used on Tumblr because I don't use tumblr, It's used on reddit as well. Which is a place I do frequent.

In otherwords, don't be a judgmental manbitch.

Other than nearly getting in a car accident on the highway, I don't think I've done anything that brought me too close to death.

I nearly severely injured my limbs with knives, fireworks, combustibles, power tools, etc. dozens of times.

What's a trigger warning?

It's a "heads up this might bring up hurtful memories" warning, so that others who's had to experience various kinds of Trauma can be made aware of what they may see/read.

I've had 2 loaded guns pointed at me and the trigger pulled, both times they failed to fire (dud rounds)

And head on collision, both of us were going about 45mph (he basically merged into my lane). I had about .0000001 of a second (or thats what it felt like) to react, stood on the break pedal with both feet, stiffened my entire body, didn't touch the air bag, didn't even get a visible seat belt bruise (a bit sore tho). Snapped the break pedal. My subwoofers would have killed me had my backseat not stopped their momentum.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Trigger Warning is a courtasy used in many locations. I didn't know it was used on Tumblr because I don't use tumblr, It's used on reddit as well. Which is a place I do frequent.

In otherwords, don't be a judgmental manbitch.

It's a "heads up this might bring up hurtful memories" warning, so that others who's had to experience various kinds of Trauma can be made aware of what they may see/read.

i c

almost stepped on a massive diamondback rattle snake once.. 'cuz texas.

I've had 2 loaded guns pointed at me and the trigger pulled, both times they failed to fire (dud rounds)

And head on collision, both of us were going about 45mph (he basically merged into my lane). I had about .0000001 of a second (or thats what it felt like) to react, stood on the break pedal with both feet, stiffened my entire body, didn't touch the air bag, didn't even get a visible seat belt bruise (a bit sore tho). Snapped the break pedal. My subwoofers would have killed me had my backseat not stopped their momentum.

wow 2 dud rounds?

How'd you manage to be in such a situation?

2 dud rounds is like a 1 in 100000 chance.

wow 2 dud rounds?

How'd you manage to be in such a situation?

2 dud rounds is like a 1 in 100000 chance.

Tell me about it, 1 was an old 16 gauge shotgun, my friend was fucking with me and didn't realize I keep all my guns loaded, the second time was a .22LR bolt action that I was purposefully pointing at my own head.

Yet I'm still an atheist. And from experience, .22 is more like 5 in 500 rounds are duds, or at the least mis-strikes by the hammer (with that gun anyways, a marlin)

almost stepped on a massive diamondback rattle snack once.. 'cuz texas.

YOWCH, not a pleasant way to go from what I hear

just look at it angrily or play a flute next time that happens

Error: 410

A rattle snack!? Those are dangerous!  :P

Around here we only have non lethal snakes. They bite but it's not too bad. 

If i ever came to texas im sure i'd blunder right onto a deadly snake and get killed immediately.. 'merica is scary...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I almost drowned being in a rip current.

I was shot at by a home invader, right in the right lung, I was in the ICU for 2 weeks. Luckily, made a speedy and full recovery.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I almost drowned being in a rip current.

I was shot at by a home invader, right in the right lung, I was in the ICU for 2 weeks. Luckily, made a speedy and full recovery.

OUCH, did you at least shoot him?

A rattle snack!? Those are dangerous!  :P

Around here we only have non lethal snakes. They bite but it's not too bad. 

If i ever came to texas im sure i'd blunder right onto a deadly snake and get killed immediately.. 'merica is scary...

lol haha, it's not that bad. It's just that where I live, my neighborhood is in the middle of a forest and creek, so there are still thriving habitats around us.

I was 4 inches from being hit by a car going 80 km/h. Twice.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

OUCH, did you at least shoot him?

He shot me before I got a chance.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Decline bench press at the gym without a spotter bar was pressed against my neck for about 10 seconds... 

A guy, two stations down came over and helped me.

Right after the dude said, "I bet your life flashed before your eyes just now".

He was absolutely correct.

Always use a spotter!

lol haha, it's not that bad. It's just that where I live, my neighborhood is in the middle of a forest and creek, so there are still thriving habitats around us.

I like rural neighbourhoods.. So that's probably where i'd be.

I was bitten by a swedish snake once. Did not even feel it.. Noticed it a few minutes later when my leg got heavy... The bastard was still there..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yet I'm still an atheist.

I don't see why facing life threatning situations would change that :P

I'm an Anti-theist.

Pisses me the fuck off when I ask about finding an addiction recovery group, or rape survivor group, ect that could help and it's all religious bullshit.

What is YOWCH?

I like rural neighbourhoods.. So that's probably where i'd be.

I was bitten by a swedish snake once. Did not even feel it.. Noticed it a few minutes later when my leg got heavy... The bastard was still there..

lol it's far from rural, Austin is growing mang.

wat holy crap...

well had a workshop accident few years back was cutting a guitar body out of some maple wood using a massive electric saw that cut in to my arm just before the bone cutting shit loads of skin muscle and some vains along the way was told i was lucky it just missed a main vain otherwise i wouldnt have been to lucky 

second time i feel out off a tree knocked my self unconscious had to go hospital with a crack skull

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

lol it's far from rural, Austin is growing mang.

wat holy crap...

Oh. Thought you meant a smaller town^^ But still i'd probably be in austin if i was in texas

Funny thing is that when i stopped and noticed it. It looked at me after letting go as if it was angry at me.

It was one of these 

vipera-berus-00042_zps9e1f3d16.jpg

The english name is apparantly "European adder" or "European viper" Vipera Berus sounds cooler though^^ 

Did not even have to go to the hospital afterwards.