The big thing announced was the new shield tab

Sharif

The shield was portable. This not so much if you include the controller.

Not really, mine never leaves the house as its just too bulky to take

For the price of this tablet + the controller you can buy a PS4. See the problem?

What an irrelevant thing to say, this is not really competing with the PS4, it is competing with tablets, but with the added ability to stream to it and use it like a console 

Even if you did not use it for game streaming it seems like an excellent tablet in its own right

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not really, mine never leaves the house as its just too bulky to take

Point still stands. If even the shield wasn't portable enough for some than this is even worse.

Point still stands. If even the shield wasn't portable enough for some than this is even worse.

Sort of, though i find a tablet fits easily into a bag more than the shield, most backpacks, camera bags etc have a tablet slot these days

The shield just sort of rolls around in the bottom of my bag and is completely unpocketable like my psvita

Its sort of inbetween. I wish they would have somehow kept it to the origional design of the shield as I love mine but I do also like tablets so ... sort of on the fence here

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would have liked it better if it retained the shape of the first Shield :( Now its gone from a 'definitely buying it' to 'considering buying it'

Does anyone about the battery life of that thing?

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I guess it just depends on the person of which niche this tablet will fill.

Seems to me, this tablet is the first step in integrating an ecosystem that can fill all your entertainment needs.

Tablet on the go where you can watch movies, play mobile games, etc.

Tablet at home which turns into a multi-functional media device. Pretty much a Roku + console put together.

Basically, it's a portable steambox.

I will definitely get one of these since I have a GTX 780 anyways. Now I can finally unplug my media PC that's become a frankenstein of old parts that I put together.

I guess it just depends on the person of which niche this tablet will fill.

Seems to me, this tablet is the first step in integrating an ecosystem that can fill all your entertainment needs.

Tablet on the go where you can watch movies, play mobile games, etc.

Tablet at home which turns into a multi-functional media device. Pretty much a Roku + console put together.

Basically, it's a portable steambox.

I will definitely get one of these since I have a GTX 780 anyways. Now I can finally unplug my media PC that's become a frankenstein of old parts that I put together.

Problem with these things is that you get locked to nvidia. the moment you get any card other than nvidia half of it's use is gone.

does this run like a normal android tablet too it doesnt really say this in the vid

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Was looking at getting a shield. Won't buy this but hope it causes a price drop on the original.

does this run like a normal android tablet too it doesnt really say this in the vid

Yep, Kitkat.

LOL really? Come on Nvidia

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yep, Kitkat.

thanks im getting one instead of a ipad mini then play warthunder on the go

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

thanks im getting one instead of a ipad mini then play warthunder on the go

If you want to see it in action a little bit : Interview with Nvidia guy (Will). 24 minutes long... 

Damn you nvidia, damn you. All that hype about a tablet? What are you, an apple wannabe? Seriously, it's all very nice having a pretty powerful tablet in your products, but it's not what we want, and that disappoints me. Maxwell had better get some serious hype going if this is what a tablet gets.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

This make me tempted to buy the V1 Shield. The Shield Tablet makes no sense to me IMHO. If I wanted a tablet, I would just get an iPad and be done with it. 

Now where is Maxwell?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I'm actually really looking into buying the Shield Tablet with a controller... For me the charm isn't that it is a tablet that does gaming. For me it is that you are able to stream games with the device.

You could just hook this up to a TV and stream games from your PC. The not-so nice thing is that you can't use the controller on the PC, due to Nvidia's own wireless tech. Which makes it a pricey controller for what it is.

I like the idea, but I don't see it being practical for the gaming aspect. As an 8" tablet it looks like a great buy. I'm going to be more interested in Shield Portable 2

Who cares. Just give us our GPUs, damn it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Honestly I thought they would be giving in depth specs of the new 800 series GPUs but NO! It had to be some useless tablet. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Not impressed. 

The whole appeal of the original shield to me is that it's one device that I can easily hold and game on anywhere. With this I have to carry a tablet and the controller which will just be awkward if I want to game sitting down without a table in front of me to place the tablet on. 

I personally hate the idea. Why would I want to carry around a screen AND a controller? Can you imagine how awkward it would be to have the screen on your lap and then hold the controller? If I already need to put down a screen to game, I might as well just bring my laptop or something. I liked the original shield form factor much better. 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

Really pumped for this.  I actually like how this one is a tablet and not some monster that the previous version was.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2