What do you install after a Fresh Windows install?

We all know that feeling. That breath of fresh air you get when you wipe everything and install windows. The speed, the responsiveness. It feels like a whole new machine again!

But after you've gotten over that shock you're faced with what to do next. Drivers are often first up, but after that what do YOU guys like to install?

With tools like ninite easily available, do you like to use them, or are you old fashioned and do it manually?

Super interested to hear what you guys have to say!

Personally:

I configure the computer for my domain. Then I install

• CHROME!
  • uTorrent
  • StartIsBack
  • Office
  • Photoshop
  • Spotify
  • Origin (Unfortunately) and any related games
  • Steam and any related games
  • CPU-Z
  • GPU-Z
  • MSI Afterburner
  • VLC

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Opera, Drivers, ESET Smart Security, AIDA64, Visual Studio, Skype, CoreTemp, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner, HDSentinel, CorsairLINK2, etc...

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz - H100i # Asus Sabertooth Z77 # Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3 @ 1202Mhz

Samsung 830 128GB SSD # 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz

CPU-Z Validation

Drivers, updates, antivirus. Those three come first.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I personally like to install things manually just because I'm picky like that.  :P

First comes video, sound, and network drivers, and whatever others are necessary.  Then a free antivirus (MSE usually).  Then Chrome and 7-zip.  If it's my personal computer, Dropbox, CCleaner, Notepad++.  Then I go freely from there.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

After a fresh Windoze install, I deinstall half of the things that came with the new install (search, indexing, internet explorer, all Microsoft TSR's that are not strictly necessary to turn off the spyware "features", the bloatware and the really slow and unsafe stuff), then I install ZoneAlarm, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, NOD32 and Security Essentials, then Firefox with Ghostery, NoScript, AdblockPlus, HTTPS Everywhere and Stealth, then I download the graphics drivers and install them, and then I install Steam and Adobe Lightroom.

And then I install Fedora 18 next to Windoze so that I can actually also use the computer for other things than gaming and Adobe Lightroom.

Chrome, 7zip, media monkey, VLC, the usual  light weights.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I am really surprised everybody is using Chrome?

I use chrome purely for youtube for the extensions but firefox for general browsing.

Anyway obviously drivers, updates, antivirus, then i kinda just download as i mess around and realise what i need . . . prob Steam tho

Google chrome, Skype everything else is on a separate drive so I dont install it dont even have an Anti-virus right now  

7zip

IrfanView + Plugins

Putty

Xming

Firefox + Plugins

Chrome + Plugins

Opera + Plugins

VLC

CPUID

HWMonitor

PDFCreator (my only printer)

KeePass2

SumatraPDF

Java

SyncToy

LibreOffice

Microsoft CalculatorPlus

Price Total: $0.00

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Drivers,chrome,antivirus ,steam,ms2013,cpuz/gpu, DB,PS and DW,

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I usually prefer to go for drivers, then make sure windows is completely up to date, after that: Chrome, anti virus, 7 zip, reader, office and steam.

Hmm, in order:

Firefox

Chrome

Avast

CCleaner

Drivers

Flash, Java and other addons

(StartIsBack if reinstalled Win8)

VLC

MS Office

Steam

Launchy

Rainmeter

Wit is educated insolence.

Chrome,

Firefox,

Office,

Drivers,

CCleaner,

Dropbox,

Skype,

VLC,

Foxit Reader,

Notepad++,

MS Visual Studio,

Netbeans

Security Software

I use filehippo.com to download most of these.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

Chrome

Adblock

AVG

Steam

Visual Basic 6

Computer Drivers

Computer: CPU: Intel i7 3770k 4.2 GHz, Processor Cooling: Corsair 100i,  Video Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 660ti, Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77 V PRO, Power Supply: corsiar AX750, Hard Drive: Toshiba 2TB, Case Fans: Bitfenix Specter x 2, Case: Phantom

Opera, nvidia drivers, steam, vlc, irfanview.
Everything else is on a network share 

Everyone is saying drivers but just make sure you download from manufacturers websites. Not the ones you got on the cd with the components. Antivirus (MS Essentials only way to go), malwarebytes (free version), 7zip, firefox + adblock (thank the lord for adblock), adobe stuff, cpu-z, gpu-z, HWMonitor, Blackbox hardware monitor, and all other stuff I regularly use (MS office, steam etc.). Another useful one I found was Sunvise shutdown timer. Windows 7 ultimate tweaker is a nice one. Also making a god mode folder. These last two are more for ease of use and configuring the OS. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Drivers

Progs

Optimize systemstuff and turn off stuff I don't want

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Chrome, Firefox, iTunes, Visual Studio 2012, Python, Python for VS, Sublime Text, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS6, Office 2013, VLC, Color Cop, Dropbox, F.lux, CCleaner, Steam, FileZilla, PuTTY, VMware Player.

First of all, I regret installing Windows because drivers.

"Hi, I'm Windows 7, I see you have a late model laptop... No networking for you, minimum resolution, no usb3 either, bye!"

Windows 8 improved things...

ANYWAY,

In this order: Chrome, Synergy, .NET Framework, Cygwin, Spotify, GPU Drivers, Teamviewer, JRE&JDK, python 2.7.x, Netbeans.

0. Use a flash drive or external harddrive to pre-download all drivers, software installers and everything else that I use. Put it in a folder structure that makes everything easy to find and install in a proper order

1. Install Windows

1.5 Customize settings and such based on a checklist so I don't miss anything

2. Install windows updates and drivers

3. Install all the software I use in any order

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders