Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
26 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Then you haven't been paying attention :) The only traditionally "good" anime this season is the one about Rakugo. Erased is a thriller, and it sounds like it just broke itself for people who aren't just out for a nonsensical emotional ride.

i dont think I have seen anything said about that or if I have I have forgotten it and just remembered everyone talking about erased.

Yikes. Been hella busy lately. Barely able to keep up with manga, let alone anime...

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c266-271). decent.
Do moms actually grab their daughter's boobs for fanservice's sake? I think not. That wouldn't bug me at all if this batch of chapters wasn't so cliched. The only reason it works at all is because EVERYONE is shipping the leads so blatantly, so the necessary level of comedy was achieved for me to not really mind.

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (c366-367). so-so.
Standard SyD with nothing memorable except perhaps one funny intentional "lost in interpretation" joke at the end.

Yotsuba& manga (c90-91). good.
Family camping and beads - two topics I find boring as sin, but this is Yotsuba, so there's the usual healthy dose of nostalgia and fun character reactions to make it charming. I suspect that people who are into Non Non Biyori would enjoy this quite a lot, so it might be worth giving it a shot if you're itching for more slice of life involving kids doing kid things.

Actually, I'm... manga (c115-). good.
Even if this manga gets truly stale, I can still see myself enjoying it. Teenage breakups, sexy poses, love curry... they're all quite standard material, but it's rare for a manga to actually manage to find the humor in people acting over-the-top when they really shouldn't. And of course, dem reaction faces.

Chihayafuru manga (c163). good.
Honestly I wasn't expecting them to go this route, and it's a bit of a shame that they didn't end it with one last impressive take. But as with the last chapter: I'll take it. It's just nice to see them playing up the silly bits and try to return to form, even if it takes a bit of effort on my part as well. Who knows? Maybe this will lead to something interesting rather than lazy. There's just enough hope in me that they'll manage (though there's just as much apprehension that they'll fail).

Soremachi manga (ch120). great.
Aw, that was actually more effective than I'd have guessed. Hotori and Kon have that comedy duo thing going on, so it's really sweet when a manga nails how they would act in a more down-to-earth fashion sans the comedy (but with the obvious punchline). Nice stuff.

My Hero Academia (c81-82). decent.
Not bad, but a tad formulaic and way too melodramatic. I'm glad they made decent use of the characters, but with just a little less cliche and stronger character motivation, this could have been great. As it stands, it's entertaining in its usual hot-blooded way, but there are limits to how long you can sustain a story on that kind of thing before it becomes a parody of itself... and they're starting to cross that threshold now. They're a few steps shy of being a standard 90's comic book in terms of story, and there are limits to my patience with that sort of thing.

Giant Killing (c203). decent.
Not much to write home about here, just some mood-setting pacing before the final rush. I'm glad to see it, as this is the kind of stuff that really shows how characters tick, and the manga is making it painfully clear that's what they're after as well. That said, I'm not going to expect much here. I can already sense they're trying to find a way out for Tatsumi to eke out a victory, and usually at that point in a sports story there aren't game-related twists left, but just team-related ones. We'll see how they decide to spice things up.

27 minutes ago, Charger said:

i dont think I have seen anything said about that or if I have I have forgotten it and just remembered everyone talking about erased.

Can't blame you, since I think I'm the ONLY one who's even mentioned it. It's a character drama, not an emo thrill ride, so I don't blame people for being uninterested. But it's the only anime I think I feel like watching from this season (when I get to catching up on anime, that is).

24 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

At least I got the other DLC levels+the up to level 72 addtional dlc.  And, the rest of the dlc levels for under 30.  I love g2a.

i got a bunch of stuff off g2a today as well

Rise of the tomb raider, strike vector for jacona, and a few other games.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

6 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Can't blame you, since I think I'm the ONLY one who's even mentioned it. It's a character drama, not an emo thrill ride, so I don't blame people for being uninterested. But it's the only anime I think I feel like watching from this season (when I get to catching up on anime, that is).

I just don't understand the Rakugo things :|

Are they really supposed to be funny or sth? Cultural difference?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Whaat?

Digimon Adventure Tri:s are movies???

Every popular YouTuber is sponsored by CR, but their quality of streaming service is my only reason for not paying them. Jeez. If KA cost 10/mo, I'd pay it, becase it's genuinely that usefull. Crunchyroll never seems to play a video straight for five minutes for me.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Sup everyone :P 

its been a fair amount of time since I've been here.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

26 minutes ago, KingCry said:

Sup everyone :P 

its been a fair amount of time since I've been here.

Who are you ?;) /jk.

Well too busy to play games on weekdays and so busy all the time.

Watched one anime movie called: Stranger Mukou Hadan. [Sword of the Stranger]

Probably going to watch Boruto with or without my sister:D

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi has taken a turn to worse unfortunately:ph34r:

It has been quite silent here, guess everyone else are also pretty busy xD

6 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm being a dick again, and since I didn't use G2A's shield I'm having Paypal give them shit because one code was already used.  The transaction was listed under Paypal's buyer protection, and Paypal's giving them shit right now.  I bought 5 items in that order, but only 1 code didn't' work.  So, I bought it from a better seller.  I usually don't use the shield because I haven't had an issue until now.  I was, at least, nice enough only to ask for 2.32 USD back.  The item was 1.84, but then there's the payment fee that pushes it up to 2.32.  I could just have PayPal, do a full refund force, but I'm not that cruel.  I'm really obsessed with Borderlands 2 on PC at the moment.  Trying to 100 percent it, but I don't want the costumes.  I just wanted the gameplay dlcs.

I wanted to get the goty borderlands but ice never played them before so idk. I only use shield on things more than 10 bucks. Even if i dont get shield i lose like 10 bucks which if you think about it, you save that much buying form g2a  so if i get a bad key here and there then im ok with it. But i see what you mean. If you pay for it, you should get it.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 hours ago, Crowes said:

Every popular YouTuber is sponsored by CR, but their quality of streaming service is my only reason for not paying them. Jeez. If KA cost 10/mo, I'd pay it, becase it's genuinely that usefull. Crunchyroll never seems to play a video straight for five minutes for me.

ya I had a lot of problems with it when I started using it is why I never wanted to even try their paid version of their site.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

ya I had a lot of problems with it when I started using it is why I never wanted to even try their paid version of their site.

I think I was watching this a while a go, amongst similar stuff -- a lot of it is, "pay for manga, pay for anime. if you keep resorting to free sites and stuff they're gonna run out of money to fund the content you're actually watching on those sites."

Sadly, I've yet to find a decent paid service that has both good streaming and a good selection. Currently free sites are beating CR and the like at their own game. Wish they'd realise this. Ik, there's licensing and stuff, but seriously even the companies producing should jump on this.

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

i've been pretty busy, but soon i'll have two weeks to watch everything i have in my wait list

so, only rakugo and erased are worth watching this season?

next season looks more promising, kinda, not really...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

7 hours ago, Typho said:

I just don't understand the Rakugo things :|

Are they really supposed to be funny or sth? Cultural difference?

It's a character drama about a performance art, like ballet or opera but different. Rakugo's meant to be comedic, but that doesn't mean everyone will find it funny. But that's not what the show is about anyway: it's about the characters' stories. Like Kids on the Slope, just not about jazz or teenagers. If you're trying too hard to view it as being "about Rakugo" then you might not enjoy it all. But then you might not enjoy Black Swan or any other such works, because they're about the characters and their personalities and such, and the bits with their actual performances are pretty much secondary.

5 minutes ago, azurezeed said:

Not necessarily, there's a bunch of shows that are "good enough" depending on one's tastes. Sekkou Boys, Dagashi Kashi, and KonoSuba seem to be getting the most attention around here.

9 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

It's a character drama about a performance art, like ballet or opera but different. Rakugo's meant to be comedic, but that doesn't mean everyone will find it funny. But that's not what the show is about anyway: it's about the characters' stories. Like Kids on the Slope, just not about jazz or teenagers. If you're trying too hard to view it as being "about Rakugo" then you might not enjoy it all. But then you might not enjoy Black Swan or any other such works, because they're about the characters and their personalities and such, and the bits with their actual performances are pretty much secondary.

Not necessarily, there's a bunch of shows that are "good enough" depending on one's tastes. Sekkou Boys, Dagashi Kashi, and KonoSuba seem to be getting the most attention around here.

Well I might actually give it a shot because not much anime to watch currently...

I think it was okay/good, I just did not get the point:D

But I can say that much that it's a lot better than some cr*p anime which I am not going to list here ;)

Probably also going to watch Digimon Tri for the sake of my childhood:D

Edited by Typho

3 hours ago, azurezeed said:
3 hours ago, Typho said:

Well I might actually give it a shot because not much anime to watch currently...

I think it was okay/good, I just did not get the point:D

But I can say that much that it's a lot better than some cr*p anime which I am not going to list here ;)

Probably also going to watch Digimon Tri for the sake of my childhood:D

i've been pretty busy, but soon i'll have two weeks to watch everything i have in my wait list

next season looks more promising, kinda, not really...

Hey, if it's not for you, it's not for you. Can't do much about that :)

But yeah, at this rate it's probably the only anime from the season that'll actually be noteworthy, if Erased doesn't cut it.

4 hours ago, Crowes said:

I think I was watching this a while a go, amongst similar stuff -- a lot of it is, "pay for manga, pay for anime. if you keep resorting to free sites and stuff they're gonna run out of money to fund the content you're actually watching on those sites."

Sadly, I've yet to find a decent paid service that has both good streaming and a good selection. Currently free sites are beating CR and the like at their own game. Wish they'd realise this. Ik, there's licensing and stuff, but seriously even the companies producing should jump on this.

Although I currently do not pay for Hulu or crunchy roll I do mainly watch anime on their sites with ads rather than free site I only use them when they isn't a place to watch it else where.

3 hours ago, Charger said:

i just ordered a nexus 5x and signed up for googles project fi 

I have this phone. It's basically a slab. Very nice aesthetically, but the camera being a bump means it doesnt really lie flat. Oh, and the RAM is a limitation for some.

2 hours ago, Crowes said:

I have this phone. It's basically a slab. Very nice aesthetically, but the camera being a bump means it doesnt really lie flat. Oh, and the RAM is a limitation for some.

My current phone is a samsung galaxy s5 so its kind of similar spec and the camera is also bumped out so it should be fine for me.

So... I watched Chivalry of a Failed Knight based on Digi's 12th episode (atleast part a) on tearing Ass Wars apart aaand while I found it to be if Ass Wars was boring but wasn't insulting the viewers' intelligence, I honestly did not know you can actually make a less intelligence-insulting version of Ass Wars at all. And I'm told that each episode airs on the same day. Honestly, I don't exactly have high standards, but damn. I honestly wish I never knew of Ass Wars since I have a tendency to have to watch it until the end of its season whether I liked it or not (thank you PMMM for giving me that habit... which sometimes is to my dismay).

d92c8512c19199ee5a92c1977d139b45.jpg
https://gyazo.com/d92c8512c19199ee5a92c1977d139b45

So i just finished Chaika the coffin princess

The ending is so shit that i think the rest of the satisfactory anime is shit. Like seriously if you want to watch this then stop at ep 9 before the cancerous final act starts. 

its just deus ex machina this shit and that shit and oh lets just kill off this main character(not the guy above) for shock factor. Literally tries to outrun a laser beam, his lacky goes sideways, he goes fucking forwards, IS HE FUCKING RETARDED, WHAT THE FUCK. 

Man i am pissed, ending an anime is hard to do but dont pull this sort of shit, its retarded. 

Sorry for the rant 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

2 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

So i just finished Chaika the coffin princess

What a terribly dull anime Chaika was. Like eating plain rice crackers. Godawful soundtrack too. As bad as they were, the endings to each season were the most interesting things about it. I count it as one the most average anime ever, along with the likes of Dog Days.

3 hours ago, WynLore said:

So... I watched Chivalry of a Failed Knight based on Digi's 12th episode (atleast part a) on tearing Ass Wars apart aaand while I found it to be if Ass Wars was boring but wasn't insulting the viewers' intelligence, I honestly did not know you can actually make a less intelligence-insulting version of Ass Wars at all. And I'm told that each episode airs on the same day. Honestly, I don't exactly have high standards, but damn. I honestly wish I never knew of Ass Wars since I have a tendency to have to watch it until the end of its season whether I liked it or not (thank you PMMM for giving me that habit... which sometimes is to my dismay).

Not sure what you mean, but I paused on watching Digi's commentary when he got to Rakudai, since I haven't finished the series yet and want to give it a fair shot. I've heard he was AWFULLY kind to Rakudai though, despite claiming it was a 5 or 6 out of 10. Shows how much he hated Ass War, and I don't begrudge him that. Even based on the first episode it was clear how phoned-in that franchise is. I agree with his statement that people are lazy rating bad/average anime, and based on what he's said about Ass War I agree that it's worse than Rakudai (even adjusting for his bias).

17 hours ago, Charger said:

Although I currently do not pay for Hulu or crunchy roll I do mainly watch anime on their sites with ads rather than free site I only use them when they isn't a place to watch it else where.

You can watch it there only in SD without premium?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I am a little bit skeptical to be honest, but I am going to start Trigun.

The anime is as old as I am so let's see how it goes ;)