Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Hi PBaines loving the build! Just got a suggestion for you when it comes to cable routing aesthetics. Have you ever thought about making holes that run underneath the desk to route cables? For examples cut a routing hole at the PSU, route them underneath the desk and make holes to route them to their equal destinations.

I will be doing an update in a couple of days,

I warned in the title there would be a lot of photos :P

Dam I can't wait any longer man your work is actually brilliant. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

1. I am using this fan controller here http://tinyurl.com/bmyoxs9 I personally like it the way it is! And I haven't actually found a nice sliding controller, I like the one with knobs instead.

2. The Radiators will have rubber between it and the wood front.

The fan's will have rubber between the radiator

The Motherboard will be sitting on rubber grommits

The PSU will be sitting on rubber grommits

the Pumps will be on a rubber mat.

There are no mechanical drives in the desk so I will mount the SSD's on something non-rubberised!

Just wondering...How many hours have you spent on this beauty?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Well, I started it around a year ago..

Too many hours to be honest! And not something I can even guess at haha

If this is not going to be Buildlog of the Week VERY soon, than I don't want to live on this planet anymore. This just shows so much attention to detail and craftsmanship at it's best. Seriously can't wait for the 100% finished product, but from what I've seen so far, this can't really get any better. It's almost.... no, it IS perfection! 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Well, I started it around a year ago..

Too many hours to be honest! And not something I can even guess at haha

Just letting you know this is my favorite thing I've seen on these forums.  The dog reflecting on life as it is xD

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

If this is not going to be Buildlog of the Week VERY soon, than I don't want to live on this planet anymore. This just shows so much attention to detail and craftsmanship at it's best. Seriously can't wait for the 100% finished product, but from what I've seen so far, this can't really get any better. It's almost.... no, it IS perfection! 

Well, Buildlog is usually when builds are finished right? I'm sure when it is, it will claim the glorious title!

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

very epic build so far! cant wait to see the finished build :)

Nice to see this amount of dedication to details.

Truly an amazing build.

This loop is going to be a bloody interesting one to fill, keep it up mate! 

I have been doing some testing with filling, just seeing if there are any leaks or anything like that

All I can say is. It is an absolute whore to fill. Though that won't stop all you guys wanting updates :p

I have been doing some testing with filling, just seeing if there are any leaks or anything like that

All I can say is. It is an absolute whore to fill. Though that won't stop all you guys wanting updates :P

True dat.

A whore to fill? lol.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Amazing work bro!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

All I can say is. It is an absolute whore to fill. Though that won't stop all you guys wanting updates :P

What kind of system have you implemented for filling and draining? Or are you planning to set and forget with your coolant?

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

Really nice man, I still don't know why you aren't running cables in a separate hidden compartment.. I guess we will see how it looks in the end ;P

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

this is amazing .i was planning on building a wooden case in the future but you just changed my mind and helot me a lot thanks hope i find the time .

witch program have u use to design it?

Wow, that looks so Kickass!! Nice Job. Was this inspired by the L3p D3sk by any chance?

this is amazing .i was planning on building a wooden case in the future but you just changed my mind and helot me a lot thanks hope i find the time .

witch program have u use to design it?

I used Google Sketchup, super easy to use :)

Wow, that looks so Kickass!! Nice Job. Was this inspired by the L3p D3sk by any chance?

Well, I saw the L3p desk and thought it was damn cool and knew I wouldn't have time to make something like that. However I then saw a desk on OC3D by Azurite about 6 months later who made a wooden desk and that got me thinking that maybe I could do something cool!

what will you do when you have to clear CMOS?

I think I will get all of the overclocks sorted before I put the lid on. Plus since the glass is in a rebate I just have to lift the glass lid up at the front and it sits in the back rebate, so I can slide my hand in and press anything if I need to :)

I used Google SketWell, I saw the L3p desk and thought it was damn cool and knew I wouldn't have time to make something like that. However I then saw a desk on OC3D by Azurite about 6 months later who made a wooden desk and that got me thinking that maybe I could do something cool!

Awesome man!

The Corsair AXi series use 1:1 wiring? When I emailed Corsair they said the complete opposite! 

hello