Xbox One SoC now available on AliExpress

ThePrimeMemester

AliExpress is selling motherboards with an integrated Xbox One SoC on it, I'd be very curious to see LTT test it! 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001340237782.html

These are listed as "used", I wonder if the APUs where harvested from defective Xbox Ones and simply slapped on a custom motherbaord. It's X86_64 so theoratically it should run Windows & Linux. Driver support for it has to be non-existant tho...

5 minutes ago, ThePrimeMemester said:

AliExpress is selling motherboards with an integrated Xbox One SoC on it, I'd be very curious to see LTT test it! 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001340237782.html

These are listed as "used", I wonder if the APUs where harvested from defective Xbox Ones and simply slapped on a custom motherbaord. It's X86_64 so theoratically it should run Windows & Linux. Driver support for it has to be non-existant tho...

they did a video about why cant you install windowa on xbox (in techquicki) so there is no point

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

image.png.235532e6fa9c70400d180a77da324e53.png

Ah, yes, the productivity of the process truly is slow and fast fast fast

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

they did a video about why cant you install windowa on xbox (in techquicki) so there is no point

This is not an xbox, it's a desktop motherboard with an x86 cpu and presumably a uefi BIOS so if it's not a scam it should work just like a normal PC.

I'm assuming AMD is getting rid of leftover stock.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Please post video suggestions to proper thread:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm assuming AMD is getting rid of leftover stock.

Very unlikely to be related to AMD.

More likely to be some Chinese recyclers trying to make something out of it for a quick buck before the company who made these just "disappear", as is customary in China whenever any bad press arise on a small business.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Please post video suggestions to proper thread:

Done, thanks mods :)

10 hours ago, Benji said:

It looks similar to the Xbox One SoC, but I wouldn't be so certain about it actually being that, given the fact that it is listed as an AMD A9-9820 (that officially doesn't even exist) and also the fact that neither the CPU clock speed nor the GPU fit the Xbox One specs. But it looks like it was used in a device named Chuwi AeroBox.

I dunno, the A9-9820 name could very well just be what they’re calling it for whatever reason. It seems to have been floating around in this configuration for a couple of years at this point and now I’m extremely interested. Might actually go and buy it just to see what the hell it actually is so I can get to the bottom of it all.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Would like to add to this that this does appear to be some relative of the Xbox One APU, even if it's not an exact clone. From the very limited research I found on this, it appears to be higher clocked than the Xbox One (and the Xbox One X, by extension) on the CPU side but gimped on the GPU side, possibly implying that this is something made out of parts bin chips? 

I think I'm gonna pick one up and whenever it gets here, I'll go through what it actually is.

You do know this is a bulldozer chip right?

Might as well order a potato.  😲

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

You do know this is a bulldozer chip right?

Might as well order a potato.  😲

It's not even that, its 'Jaguar' cores, which are made for hyper efficiency, I'm not sure the exact IPC and such but I do know that it is not a bulldozer core straight up(Although I do think that Jag cores are worse, I'm not exactly sure)

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It's not even that, its 'Jaguar' cores, which are made for hyper efficiency, I'm not sure the exact IPC and such but I do know that it is not a bulldozer core straight up(Although I do think that Jag cores are worse, I'm not exactly sure)

I've spent more time than I'd like to admit around Jaguar and Bulldozer-based CPUs and I can unequivocally say that, by and large, Jaguar was better clock for clock than Bulldozer was. It had a significant advantage in single-core usefulness (which, considering that Bulldozer really sucked at that, isn't hard) and overall efficiency (as you noted) over anything Bulldozer had to offer. Frankly, that comparison is academic anyways, because a mobile Phenom II chip would slap the shit out of almost any Bulldozer or Jaguar part.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

I've spent more time than I'd like to admit around Jaguar and Bulldozer-based CPUs and I can unequivocally say that, by and large, Jaguar was better clock for clock than Bulldozer was. Frankly, that comparison is academic anyways, because a mobile Phenom II chip would slap the shit out of almost any Bulldozer or Jaguar part.

Well thank you for that input, not that it will be relevant much longer I hope as old dozer and jag powered devices are dying off, but interesting none-the-less 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240