ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 vs MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 vs MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has the most features and is the most future proof?

• ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570
    • MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi

Which of the motherboards do you think has the most features and is the most future proof?

what does "future proof board" mean???  

Either way, budget? what are you powering? location? currency? are you limited to these? what are they priced at? 

The Hero isn't really a casual user friendly board, so unless you're heavy overclocking/ln2, you could go with something else. 

again though..

budget? what are you powering? location? currency? are you limited to these? what are they priced at? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I would go Asus over MSI, but that's not because of anything that most would care about, just a bad experience with MSI back in the early 2000s and have been an Asus fan ever since.

Unless you're going to tinker a lot with OC or need a ton of USB connectivity... neither 

HELP. I think I've broken my x570 Crosshair. Don't do it! It doesn't let me update the bios, clear the CMOS and more importantly post after a bad overclock. 

Isnt the crosshair like 200 usd more expensive? Its probably the better mobo across the board but not really 200 dollars better unless your really into ocing, and ryzen doesnt oc well anyway. 

as for future proofing, zen 3 will probably be the last am4 socket ryzen so its a moot point. U could wait for zen 3 and go with that and an x670 mobo which will be unveiled in a littke by ver a week but will probably be hard to find in stock for a couple months. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB