Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mintyfreshfresh

Ryzen 5 3600 - Intel i7 10700f

18 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

do i need a hdd or is that not needed

If you need more mass storage on the cheap, sure. It's up to you.

14 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card, would this video card work instead of the other one?

The 5700XT is much faster, but the 1660 Super costs half as much. They're not in the same category at all.

I'd suggest you check out some benchmarks to get an idea of what each graphics card performs like:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1660_super_gaming_x_review,11.html

^ that's Guru3D's review of the 1660 Super, but all the performance slides should also include the 5700XT, as well as other GPUs.

10 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

im not looking to get this high end pc m just looking to play games like overwatch or valorant would it work?

For Esport titles, like Valorant, Overwatch, CS:GO, etc., the 1660 Super should be plenty. If that's all you play and you need to also fit peripherals into your budget, sure, go for the 1660S.

Posted · Original PosterOP

guys idk what to do here do i get ryzen 5 3600 or intel i7 10700f ryzen is like 200 dollars cheaper and i dont think its that bad but my brother is making fun of it comparing it as if intel is apple and amd is android and idk if its good anymore pls help should i get it?

A 10700F would be a very odd choice if you wanted to go with Intel.

What's the use case for the system, and what is your budget (and currency)? Are you building a whole new system, or just doing a platform upgrade?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

workload? if you're just gaming, either a 10600k or a 3600.

and i wouldn't go for a locked intel chip. and if you already have an am4 board just go for the 3600. 

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

A 10700F would be a very odd choice if you wanted to go with Intel.

What's the use case for the system, and what is your budget (and currency)? Are you building a whole new system, or just doing a platform upgrade?

i am building a new system and im using it for gaming the budget is around 1500 to 1700 in aud

7 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

i am building a new system and im using it for gaming the budget is around 1500 to 1700 in aud

Or, if you don't mind waiting for a little longer, next-gen CPUs and GPUs are set to release in the following months. Nvidia for example will most likely announce their new Ampere GPUs at the end of this month, so if you don't need to build the system right now, it might be worth waiting.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Or, if you don't mind waiting for a little longer, next-gen CPUs and GPUs are set to release in the following months. Nvidia for example will most likely announce their new Ampere GPUs at the end of this month, so if you don't need to build the system right now, it might be worth waiting.

oly moly thank you

3 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card, would this video card work instead of the other one?

Just now, mintyfreshfresh said:

5700XT is much better. it has the performance of rtx 2070 super

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

It would work but its also worse than the RX5700XT.

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

5700XT is much better. it has the performance of rtx 2070 super

is it a good alternative tho its just a bit expensive and i can upgrade my pc later

5 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

Work, yes. Be faster, NOOOOO. 5700xt is about equale to a 2070.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
3 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

is it a good alternative tho its just a bit expensive and i can upgrade my pc later

no. if you have a budget at that range, buy a gpu at that range

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
Just now, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Work, yes. Be faster, NOOOOO. 5700xt is about equale to a 2070.

im not looking to get this high end pc m just looking to play games like overwatch or valorant would it work?

Once aain, YES it will work. But you gave a budget, and that is a gpu for your budget.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

no. if you have a budget at that range, buy a gpu at that range

i still need like accessories and stuff 

Once aain, YES it will work. But you gave a budget, and that is a gpu for your budget.

mmk i just need to know it works

i still need like accessories and stuff 

WDYM, like keyboard/mouse? Monitor? You need to include that with your budget, or it is assumed that you don't need them.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz

WDYM, like keyboard/mouse? Monitor? You need to include that with your budget, or it is assumed that you don't need them.

ok that was around the pc budget soz 

5 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

ok that was around the pc budget soz 

no peripherals mentioned

35 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
Posted · Best Answer
18 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

If you need more mass storage on the cheap, sure. It's up to you.

14 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

The 5700XT is much faster, but the 1660 Super costs half as much. They're not in the same category at all.

I'd suggest you check out some benchmarks to get an idea of what each graphics card performs like:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1660_super_gaming_x_review,11.html

^ that's Guru3D's review of the 1660 Super, but all the performance slides should also include the 5700XT, as well as other GPUs.

10 minutes ago, mintyfreshfresh said:

For Esport titles, like Valorant, Overwatch, CS:GO, etc., the 1660 Super should be plenty. If that's all you play and you need to also fit peripherals into your budget, sure, go for the 1660S.