Will a NVME SSD work with my M.2 slot?

JRSC

So I was just about to purchase an nvme ssd and was making some last moment preparations when I came across a video stating that not all NVME's will work with the M.2 slot and now I'm confused. So if I have this MB specifications for storage:

image.thumb.png.0af551ccdff499a6ca9adb62c00093bc.png

and would like to put in Transcend MTE220s NVME (M-key), will I have any issues with it?

Yes, as it supports PCIe for the M.2 Slot it's NVME ready.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

There are 4 common types of nvme slot.  M key, B key B&M key and E key.  M key is nvme only, B key is SATA only, B&M can be either but often runs at sata speed, and E key is generally single lane and is for network cards.  It often sticks straight up. 

M key is what you got. It’s the fast one.  You could put a b&m card in it but it may be slow.  It won’t take B or E key

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.