rx 5700 xt sapphire pulse overheat?

i swapped my asus rog gtx970 for rx 5700xt sapphire pulse. While the amd is under stress (my case is under the table) i can feel my feet getting warmer and warmer. When i check the tempreatures its almost the same as gtx970 but i ve never felt such a thing with gtx970 and the case was alwaysa under the table. How can i fix that any suggestions?

Move your PC?

If the temperatures are fine, theres no reason to worry about anything

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I mean this is normal. I guess this is your first "high power" card. Same thing happens with the 2070 and 2080 cards. Sits normal for a 200W GPU.

7 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

i can feel my feet getting warmer and warmer

If the 5700 XT is consuming more power, it will also spit out more heat, especially if the cooler is better on the 5700 XT than the 970, because it will be dissipating away from the GPU better. 

Human touch is a bad way to compare temperature of electronics, it's pretty unreliable at the temps they will achieve. When you said:

7 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

When i check the tempreatures its almost the same as gtx970

Did you use software?

As for preventing heat from seeping into your legs from the PC, you'll probably need to open up your workspace a bit and let some airflow through. Heat rises, and so it will get trapped under the desk, you could move the PC over a little and let the heat flow towards the ceiling some more.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Move your PC?

If the temperatures are fine, theres no reason to worry about anything

gpu temperature is around 70 degree but there is a thing called junction temp and it is around 85-90 is that normal?

The 970 was a roughly 150W card iirc, while the 5700XT pulls around 225-250W.

Have you checked temperatures with MSI Afterburner or other software?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, kaans42 said:

gpu temperature is around 70 degree but there is a thing called junction temp and it is around 85-90 is that normal?

IIRC it's usually higher, so yes

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:
3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The 970 was a roughly 150W card iirc, while the 5700XT pulls around 225-250W.

Have you checked temperatures with MSI Afterburner or other software?

Human touch is a bad way to compare temperature of electronics, it's pretty unreliable at the temps they will achieve. When you said:

Did you use software?

i used to check the 970s temp with *asus tweak* and ive checked the 5700xt with radeon software

9 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

When i check the tempreatures its almost the same as gtx970 but i ve never felt such a thing with gtx970 and the case was alwaysa under the table. How can i fix that any suggestions?

move the computer?

the 5700xt draws more power than the GTX 970 and makes more heat, you can't really change this because it's the laws of physics. The temperatures being equal doesn't change this, it just means the 5700XT puts more heat into the air.

I suppose you could try to undervolt the card.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, kaans42 said:

i used to check the 970s temp with *asus tweak* and ive checked the 5700xt with radeon software

As long as the GPU is not thermal throttling, your performance will be fine (as well as the health of the graphics card)

As for the temperature of your room, try reducing the power limit to your GPU and reducing the voltage to your CPU, you will improve your efficiency if you manage to consume less power and still have stable performance. What CPU do you use?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

As long as the GPU is not thermal throttling, your performance will be fine (as well as the health of the graphics card)

As for the temperature of your room, try reducing the power limit to your GPU and reducing the voltage to your CPU, you will improve your efficiency if you manage to consume less power and still have stable performance. What CPU do you use?

cpu is 6700k

2 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

cpu is 6700k

If you've got a Z170 or Z270 board you can reduce the voltage directly from the BIOS the same way you'd adjust an overclock. Some H170 and H270 boards allow it as well.

As for power to the GPU, I think GPU tweak allows you to control power and voltage directly as well.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

If you've got a Z170 or Z270 board you can reduce the voltage directly from the BIOS the same way you'd adjust an overclock. Some H170 and H270 boards allow it as well.

As for power to the GPU, I think GPU tweak allows you to control power and voltage directly as well.

i have h170 msi 

1 minute ago, kaans42 said:

i have h170 msi 

You should take a look and see if the BIOS lets you control the vcore. If not, use Intel XTU to reduce CPU voltage, in windows.

Primary PC:

23 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

I have the exact same card, its operating perfectly. Reference 5700XT has a maximum junction temp of 105c, obviously a custom design with a better cooler should be lower. My card runs at almost exactly the same temps are yours does when gaming.

FYI if you open up the AMD Control Centre, click Performance then Metrics it will give you exact temps. The Temperature readings shows the package temperature (think of this as the average temp of the whole GPU) and the Junction Temp shows the hottest part of the GPU.

As I said, anything up to 105c on Junction is considered as operating within spec.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I have the exact same card, its operating perfectly. Reference 5700XT has a maximum junction temp of 105c, obviously a custom design with a better cooler should be lower. My card runs at almost exactly the same temps are yours does when gaming.

FYI if you open up the AMD Control Centre, click Performance then Metrics it will give you exact temps. The Temperature readings shows the package temperature (think of this as the average temp of the whole GPU) and the Junction Temp shows the hottest part of the GPU.

As I said, anything up to 105c on Junction is considered as operating within spec.

So, I've got the ROG 5700XT Strix, and one of the steps I took to tackle the black screen of death issue (which I assumed was made worse by high heat) was to:

1. Adjust the fan curve, it still isn't very loud but now I am keeping the fan running at all times. Temps usually between 60 - 70 stable with 100fps running Warzone at 1080p max settings
  2. I moved my CPU cooler to the top of my case and placed two 140mm fans to draw cooler air in - these fans push cool air above and below the card. My assumption is that the heat sync on the back of the card is slightly more effective, but now the triple fans have cool air to pass onto the heat sync. 

The issue is significantly less annoying since it pops up way less, but my temps are way lower.

ex: Right now it's running 37 Celsius on both the GPU & Junction -  and underload it will get up to 70 (which is totally fine)

My CPU is also running with a slight OC so the air coming off the rad might be slighly higher filling the case (3.894ghz vs stock for the 1800x).

fancurve.png

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |

Thanks everyone for replying ive gone with the most obvious solution placed the case on top of my table.