Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeneralGusher

Gtx 1050 or gtx 1650

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys,

I have a gtx 1050 in my pc right now, and I just saw that there is a thx 1650 also at almost the same price o got my 1050 at. I was wondering if it is worth upgrading from my 1050 to a 1650? I’m using this with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400g Cpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

Hi guys,

I have a gtx 1050 in my pc right now, and I just saw that there is a thx 1650 also at almost the same price o got my 1050 at. I was wondering if it is worth upgrading from my 1050 to a 1650? I’m using this with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400g Cpu

If your PSU can support it, I would recommend getting an RX580 or 1650 Super instead. The 1650 isnt a great value card unless you dont have a PSU with pcie power connectors


PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

 

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

 

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

 

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

Hi guys,

I have a gtx 1050 in my pc right now, and I just saw that there is a thx 1650 also at almost the same price o got my 1050 at. I was wondering if it is worth upgrading from my 1050 to a 1650? I’m using this with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400g Cpu

whats your budget for the gpu?


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, marmour said:

If your PSU can support it, I would recommend getting an RX580 or 1650 Super instead. The 1650 isnt a great value card unless you dont have a PSU with pcie power connectors

Ok. I have a 500 watt psu and it does have pcie connectors

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

whats your budget for the gpu?

I mean I want to get one as cheap as possible. Not any more than like 250

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeneralGusher said:

I mean I want to get one as cheap as possible. Not any more than like 250

The cheapest you should get would be the RX570(~$130), other good options are the 1650 Super(~$160) 1660/1660 Super(~$200/$230) and maybe the 5600XT but it is a bit over $250 usually at $270 with some sales putting it closer to $250. With the exception of the RX570, all GPUs mentioned should be at least ~100% faster than the 1050 on average with the 5600XT being about ~200% faster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeneralGusher said:

Hi guys,

I have a gtx 1050 in my pc right now, and I just saw that there is a thx 1650 also at almost the same price o got my 1050 at. I was wondering if it is worth upgrading from my 1050 to a 1650? I’m using this with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400g Cpu

The difference between them is something about 15~20%. It's a good upgrade.


But If I was you, I was looking for GTX1650 Super. It's 40~50% better than 1050TI and a proper upgrade for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, rodrigoxm49 said:

The difference between them is something about 15~20%. It's a good upgrade.


But If I was you, I was looking for GTX1650 Super. It's 40~50% better than 1050TI and a proper upgrade for it.

Ok thanks. I have decided that if i do upgrade, it will be a 1650 super or better

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, KaitouX said:

The cheapest you should get would be the RX570(~$130), other good options are the 1650 Super(~$160) 1660/1660 Super(~$200/$230) and maybe the 5600XT but it is a bit over $250 usually at $270 with some sales putting it closer to $250. With the exception of the RX570, all GPUs mentioned should be at least ~100% faster than the 1050 on average with the 5600XT being about ~200% faster.

Ok thanks, Im not really familiar with radeon cards, which one would you perfer, Nividia or AMD?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

If you are doing gaming on your system you don't want a card THAT cheap. At that price I would think a PS4 would have better performance.

I mean my 1050 is better than my ps4

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneralGusher said:

I mean my 1050 is better than my ps4

I think he was talking about PS4 Pro that, in fact, have better performance than your system due to 1050TI limitations. Afterall, it's a downclocked RX480 GPU on PS4 Pro, which performs in something between 1050TI and 1650.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, rodrigoxm49 said:

I think he was talking about PS4 Pro that, in fact, have better performance than your system due to 1050TI limitations. Afterall, it's a downclocked RX480 GPU on PS4 Pro, which performs in something between 1050TI and 1650.

 

 

oh ok. because I have a ps4 slim

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×